Should I consider Temperature Control?

For Science!

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3901

"Hot air rises because when you heat air (or any other gas for that matter), it expands. When the air expands, it becomes less dense than the air around it. The less dense hot air then floats in the more dense cold air much like wood floats on water because wood is less dense than water. This floating effect in a less dense medium is called a buoyant force or a displacement force"

The reason vape often feels cooler: my guess would be water desorption from your skin due to PG/VG? Just a guess, can be air velocity, or the lowered partial pressure of water vapour, or particle size...

For Science!

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3901

"Hot air rises because when you heat air (or any other gas for that matter), it expands. When the air expands, it becomes less dense than the air around it. The less dense hot air then floats in the more dense cold air much like wood floats on water because wood is less dense than water. This floating effect in a less dense medium is called a buoyant force or a displacement force"

The reason vape often feels cooler: my guess would be water desorption from your skin due to PG/VG? Just a guess, can be air velocity, or the lowered partial pressure of water vapour, or particle size...
Yeah, correct. I think it can also matter whether you exhale from your throat or your mouth - You can vary if you blow hot or cool air out your mouth -- by controlling which of the two you're physically exhaling from. Vapour is less dense than the air around from origin.

So cool air falls to the floor due to the air around it already being hotter ???

And not to derail the topic, my thoughts on TC:

It is a distinctly different style of vaping. Although you can set it up in such a way as to only protect yourself from dry hits/wick burning, it can be used to give a different style of vaping, often times more smoother. Although it takes some time to play around with and fully understand, as you add a few more variables to optimize, I honestly tink it is worth it. It allows for lower builds and longer drags, without the temperature of the vape becoming unbearable. It is also fun for juice tasting, as you can play with the temp differential to get a nice flavour profile.

However, it will not replace normal Kanthal/Nichrome vaping. I like both power and TC modes. Certain atty's just shine in one or the other as well, and for whatever reason I don't like TC on drippers.

Finally, probably my biggest reason why I love TC, is because I can share my vape with others without worry. I've a bunch of friends and people who I meet who regularly take a few puffs from my setup, and when I have a non-TC coil in I almost always have to go replace the wick afterwards - don't know how these people's lungs are handling these hits, but they practically burn the things apart! With TC I don't have to remind them to keep it calm...

So cool air falls to the floor due to the air around it already being hotter ???

I guess - in a way of saying. Technically, all air (and all matter on Earth) falls because of gravity - cooler air just falls quicker. If you have hot air at some height, and with nothing (a vacuum) below it, it will also fall (as well as fill the vacuum, but that is more because of pressure than anything else).

Cool air falls because of higher density and thus more gravity. If there is a mixture of air pockets with different temperature, they will more or less separate themselves based on each group's density (although with temperature/energy exchange between them until the room is at the same temp). If a pocket of cool air is surrounded by hot air, the cool air will displace the hot air until the air with the highest density is at the bottom.

However, air likes to expand, because of thermodynamics (second law - go google it if you are interested!). So air automatically expands, which decreases its density and therefore making it lighter. The fact that we have an atmosphere instead of infinite expansion is because of an equilibrium between gravity and the natural expansion of gas.

2bd8b7e7564427a2cf4573709e644709.jpg

And not to derail the topic, my thoughts on TC:

It is a distinctly different style of vaping. Although you can set it up in such a way as to only protect yourself from dry hits/wick burning, it can be used to give a different style of vaping, often times more smoother. Although it takes some time to play around with and fully understand, as you add a few more variables to optimize, I honestly tink it is worth it. It allows for lower builds and longer drags, without the temperature of the vape becoming unbearable. It is also fun for juice tasting, as you can play with the temp differential to get a nice flavour profile.

However, it will not replace normal Kanthal/Nichrome vaping. I like both power and TC modes. Certain atty's just shine in one or the other as well, and for whatever reason I don't like TC on drippers.

Finally, probably my biggest reason why I love TC, is because I can share my vape with others without worry. I've a bunch of friends and people who I meet who regularly take a few puffs from my setup, and when I have a non-TC coil in I almost always have to go replace the wick afterwards - don't know how these people's lungs are handling these hits, but they practically burn the things apart! With TC I don't have to remind them to keep it calm...
That also gives me more reason to try TC - so it can be properly shared - because when my friends drag it - they seem to push the button before they actually inhale because of not understanding ramp up time and the lack thereof with a box mod, so they do get some funny faces on them when they've held it and then inhal something that was resting there before they pulled- if TC eliminates all of that badness then it sounds pretty graceful in holding together it's standard temperature that you want it at .. Tell me though - are any TC mods in degrees celsius and not Fahrenheit? Or is that adjustable?

Tell me though - are any TC mods in degrees celsius and not Fahrenheit? Or is that adjustable?
Most of the TC mods as far as I know supports both Celsius and Fahrenheit. Most seem to round-robin through the settings, i.e. 200-600F in steps of 10 and then switches to Celcius for 100-315C in steps of 5, then back to Fahrenheit. Same concept if you step down.
If I remember correctly, the Smok M80 only did Fahrenheit, but also did not do a very good job of TC as such.

@BansheeZA I would definitely say, YES. I'm still experiencing with TC and I have to say, I love the coolness of the vape! I crank the Wattage up and keep the temperature low and that works great for me! Although I have to say, I really don't like working with the Nickel (although is stays clean for a loooooong time) as it is very very soft.

@BansheeZA I would definitely say, YES. I'm still experiencing with TC and I have to say, I love the coolness of the vape! I crank the Wattage up and keep the temperature low and that works great for me! Although I have to say, I really don't like working with the Nickel (although is stays clean for a loooooong time) as it is very very soft.
But the softness won't matter once it's installed right?:? haha it's just during construction? get stainless steel :D

Back