Show 'n Tell your Hobby

i sooo need to buy a guitar again :(
Sadly I also sold my guitar, and my bass just sits and gathers dust, I rarely get the time to set it up and play it uninterrupted.

Hopefully with this one I will get more time with because it doesn't need to be set up. Beach holiday coming up in February too! So I can already picture it, sitting in a rockpool, beer next to me with the waves crashing around, and the sweet sounds of Hawaii. And a crying baby...

Sadly I also sold my guitar, and my bass just sits and gathers dust, I rarely get the time to set it up and play it uninterrupted.

Hopefully with this one I will get more time with because it doesn't need to be set up. Beach holiday coming up in February too! So I can already picture it, sitting in a rockpool, beer next to me with the waves crashing around, and the sweet sounds of Hawaii. And a crying baby...
and then you woke up and wet the bed :) :) :)

@Caramia What a beautiful horse! Is that you riding?
Thanx @Hooked:), they were both bred "in the purple" (extremely good sporthorse bloodlines)
And yes, first one is recent (and he is a giant - I am 1.76...with me getting back into riding), the last one is my little miracle champ who sadly had to be put down;(

Thanx @Hooked:), they were both bred "in the purple" (extremely good sporthorse bloodlines)
And yes, first one is recent (and he is a giant - I am 1.76...with me getting back into riding), the last one is my little miracle champ who sadly had to be put down;(

@Caramia "bred in the purple" Ah! I've learnt something new! Sorry about your "little miracle champ".

I take my hat off to anyone who rides. I went for horse-riding lessons in my thirties. Battled like hell to get on the horse; even worse getting off (I'm not short; I'm down-to-earth). Once on everything was fine - until we started trotting. All my jiggly bits were jiggling all over the place.

I tried to ride an ostrich once, too. I broke the world record for the shortest time on an ostrich. The ostrich went forwards; I went downwards - in front of a whole crowd of people too. I think I'll just ride my car!

@Caramia "bred in the purple" Ah! I've learnt something new! Sorry about your "little miracle champ".

I take my hat off to anyone who rides. I went for horse-riding lessons in my thirties. Battled like hell to get on the horse; even worse getting off (I'm not short; I'm down-to-earth). Once on everything was fine - until we started trotting. All my jiggly bits were jiggling all over the place.

I tried to ride an ostrich once, too. I broke the world record for the shortest time on an ostrich. The ostrich went forwards; I went downwards - in front of a whole crowd of people too. I think I'll just ride my car!
Ja, it is better to start young, I have had students as young as 2 - a little young IMHO, but If the will is there, who am I to argue?o_O
I have been riding for 35 years now, and still learning (I have not even learned how to fall properly yet, and the older one gets, the more one breaks, that why most riders have limps, and back, neck, ankle, knee and shoulder problems)
I recently started proper Western riding, and it is great for anyone:)

Ja, it is better to start young, I have had students as young as 2 - a little young IMHO, but If the will is there, who am I to argue?o_O
I have been riding for 35 years now, and still learning (I have not even learned how to fall properly yet, and the older one gets, the more one breaks, that why most riders have limps, and back, neck, ankle, knee and shoulder problems)
What is Western Riding @Caramia ?

I think it is riding while drinking coffee, lassoing stuff, and shooting injuns... But I stand to be corrected.

proxy-1.jpg 20140621_132019_zps0befc7ce.jpg IMG_00001224_zpsd364bc10.jpg proxy.jpg proxy-1.jpg proxy.jpg proxy.jpg IMG_00001224_zpsd364bc10.jpg 20140621_132019_zps0befc7ce.jpg proxy-1.jpg 20140621_132019_zps0befc7ce.jpg IMG_00001224_zpsd364bc10.jpg proxy.jpg Really old pic.
Tank is down now, will get back into it next year after buying new house.proxy.jpg

:O

I think I'll give riding a miss. I don't even need to be on a horse to break something - I just need to walk on the beach. About 3 years ago I fell (still don't why as there was nothing that I tripped over) and broke my shoulder.

@Caramia You're an artist too! Some beautiful portraits there which truly capture the expression the animals' faces. Wow you're so talented!
Thank you so much for the kind words @Hooked, it really means a lot:h:
The top one is of my beloved late Malinois, Otto - that was his best "I'm going to call Wet Nose if I don't get my 7 cookies...NOW!" expression, damn I miss that child;(, he died of congestive heart and general organ failure just before his 15th birthday (two and a half years back - I lost 3 dogs in that year).
But at least I have wonderful memories of him, a true one-in-a-million boy.

Thank you so much for the kind words @Hooked, it really means a lot:h:
The top one is of my beloved late Malinois, Otto - that was his best "I'm going to call Wet Nose if I don't get my 7 cookies...NOW!" expression, damn I miss that child;(, he died of congestive heart and general organ failure just before his 15th birthday (two and a half years back - I lost 3 dogs in that year).
But at least I have wonderful memories of him, a true one-in-a-million boy.

@Caramia Oh how dreadful to lose 3 dogs in a year! Quite traumatic, I'm sure.

@Caramia :lol:

“Thought: 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone owns cars and only the rich have horses.”

Author unknown

@Caramia :lol:

“Thought: 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone owns cars and only the rich have horses.”

Author unknown

Just thought I'd share some pics from my last joyride. Route was Rand - Vereeniging - Parys - Klerksdorp - Potchefstroom - Pilanesberg - RandIMG_20180125_083238.jpg IMG_20180125_082642.jpg IMG_20180125_082640.jpg IMG_20180125_082636.jpg IMG_20180125_073227.jpg

Back