Show us your builds - Drippers (RDAs)

@BumbleBee looking supper!!! have you tried nichrome and kanthal combo to reduce the lag a bit? lol its all about the BUZZZZ now has more meaning!!!!
The last time I saw nicrome was when I was recycling old CE4 coils. The lag isn't too bad, just need to tweak the button pressing, hold down button for 2 or 3 seconds then start pulling, let go button 3 or 4 seconds before you're done tooting :)

Have been dropping ohms a little lately.
f5977b796f83f89d90b0a3df08b80d80.jpg

Twisted 28g flattened.0.3

ef418c2ecd8bb2a7cbcb869db5ce06eb.jpg

Lastly these have yet to find a home,flattened 28g and round 28g twisted
b70477d414c55255e71472b3c54f5908.jpg
that must ooze flavour! I love twisted builds, haven't tried duals yet, still waiting for a proper RDA, I have a Stillaire V3 and a Magma somewhere in the postal "system", any day now, I can feel it :D

Sorry, my bad. I was sure I mentioned that in my post, seem to have missed it in the rush to get the post up :rolleyes:

Just edited it now :blush:
Wow how long did it take u to get a parallel coil right in a veritas. Seems like alot of hassle to make sure wires don't cross on that positive post

Wow how long did it take u to get a parallel coil right in a veritas. Seems like alot of hassle to make sure wires don't cross on that positive post
That's the easy part, just a 90 degree twist at the top of the coil before it goes in under the nut. The hardest part is getting it wicked, it has to go in through the top, you need some needle tip tweezers to inch it out the bottom bit by bit, pull too hard and you get this:

10924813_10205703275722676_4415288456768316651_n.jpg

That was a 0.4 ohm coil, which worked pretty darn well in that wonky state

First semi-neat Clapton coil. 24g core with a 32g shell. 0.71 ohms @ 30w

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421784740.500601.jpg

Enlarged glow shot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421784764.419008.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newest build. Crappy photo but im quite happy. Twisted 26 g wire 8 wraps on 0mg. Doing the job!!!image.jpg

image.jpg

So i have been sub ohming since i got my Freakshow RDA. I actually wrapped a normal 26 g 9 wraps "1ohm" coil tonight and man it actually rocks. 1.5 diameter so wicking is really small but it came out food!Nothing super duper just a straight wrap and DAMN it vapes so nice! Lolimage.jpgimage.jpg

So seeing as the power is out I thought I'd finally recoil the Odin and try building a vertical dual coil.
Happy with the results.
957fbdc2a290cad244194559424762f7.jpg

So seeing as the power is out I thought I'd finally recoil the Odin and try building a vertical dual coil.
Happy with the results.
957fbdc2a290cad244194559424762f7.jpg
Am I seeing right - one coil seems to be in front of the air hole for single coil? If so, you will not get the air slits aligned.

Last edited:
@Andre please explain as I'm not sure I'm with you here. The coils are situated in front of the slits for dual flow, so the one with single hole open has no coil in front of it.

@Andre please explain as I'm not sure I'm with you here. The coils are situated in front of the slits for dual flow, so the one with single hole open has no coil in front of it.
The single hole slit should be closed when you have dual coils. Each of the dual coils should be in front of an open of partially open air slit. As I see it on the picture your one coil will receive no air flow. Both coils should be on the path of the yellow line. Your right hand coil is in the wrong place. It would have been perfect for a single coil setup. The atomizer base has 3 air slits - the 2 directly opposite each other are for duals. The one on its own is for single coil. Hope that makes sense.

ZBvJKWa.jpg

@Andre ok I did understand you correctly, they are positioned in that way, I think the picture is just at a bad angle

@Andre ok I did understand you correctly, they are positioned in that way, I think the picture is just at a bad angle
Ah, good.....was wondering if it was just the picture angle. And how are you liking the verticals - my favourite in the Odin.

Ah, good.....was wondering if it was just the picture angle. And how are you liking the verticals - my favourite in the Odin.

I was a bit worried with regards to wicking and whether it would work properly, so I spent the first few hits opening the cap, seeing whether it takes juice up to the coil.

Also, that top part that just sticks out above the coil, should I cut that shorter?

But besides all of that, I'm really liking it! Works very nicely, great flavour, proper vapour production, nice and smooth

I was a bit worried with regards to wicking and whether it would work properly, so I spent the first few hits opening the cap, seeing whether it takes juice up to the coil.

Also, that top part that just sticks out above the coil, should I cut that shorter?

But besides all of that, I'm really liking it! Works very nicely, great flavour, proper vapour production, nice and smooth
No, the top part looks perfect to me. Most important for me on the Odin is to have the coils far enough away from the air slits to prevent any juice bridging and subsequent leaking via the slits. Your positioning in this regard looks spot on.

Time to crank up the power for the weekend :D

Dark Horse
Dual Coil
24g
3.0mm ID
7 wraps
0.3Ω
Rayon Wick

00d03ab4ff51e6cad72978a5f416624d.jpg

Last edited:
PvFiz7R.png

Theology RDA dual 7 wrap 3mm pre-made vapor gauge claptons, only a 0.7 but 70w/7.4v runs great

So, I decided to experiment a little with stove top coils, but upside down, pressing onto the cotton.

Here are the coils, not my best work, but it's ok
IMG_20150404_19010120Custom.jpg

Here they are in the Derringer and glowing nicely

IMG_20150404_19094420Custom.jpg

Not a lot of vapor, but good enough. Flavor is so-so and clouds are ok...ish. Unfortunately it's quite a cool vape and I don't like cool vapes, so I'll be going back to my previous build of two spaced 24g coils at .28 ohms. This build was also with 24g @ .31 ohms.
IMG_20150404_19161020Custom.jpg

Was worth a try though.
I couldn't lift the coils higher as they then block the air holes.

Thanks for that @zadiac
Very informative

Back