Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

im looking for the equivalent of 28g

whoever is using ribbon/ flat wire, how does it compare to the normal round wire?

pros?
cons?

im looking for the equivalent of 28g

whoever is using ribbon/ flat wire, how does it compare to the normal round wire?

pros?
cons?
That would be 0.8 x 0.1
The jury is still out for me on that one. Ribbon does wrap easier around the Ekowool.

put a new coil in the russian, 9 wraps 26 gauge kanthal, came out to 0.9 ohms, vapes very nice

DSC_0063.JPG

i have cut down on the chain vaping and i keep the door open so my room doesnt cloud up, and i enjoy the rayon to the max :)

Seems everyone has reos now... Am I gonna have to invent a new coil or something to get this thread going?

Come on guys, let's see what you've been up to with your Kayfuns n stuff

I'll post a pic of my 32g quad twisted coil tomorrow, I have to open it up anyway coz my new green tank is at the PO ;)

My Micro coil 1,1Ω with 28g and Rayon works so perfectly in my Russian so haven't really tried anything else! :rock:

I have pretty much given up on every other piece of equipment other than my REO's but I just can't part with my Russian despite it being a bit of a pain to fill and rewick! It still produces an awesome vape and is always with me as a back up...

Seems everyone has reos now... Am I gonna have to invent a new coil or something to get this thread going?

Come on guys, let's see what you've been up to with your Kayfuns n stuff

I'll post a pic of my 32g quad twisted coil tomorrow, I have to open it up anyway coz my new green tank is at the PO ;)
6150f203ceac35ff1de47695953a67cc.jpg
2e7c445a6be56b79bb0402a747c05a66.jpg

Twisted ribbon kanthal , re flattened on a 2mm drill bit. O.8 ohms. Flavor is ok clouds a kicking.

There you go @BumbleBee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Micro coil 1,1 with 28g and Rayon works so perfectly in my Russian so haven't really tried anything else! :rock:

I have pretty much given up on every other piece of equipment other than my REO's but I just can't part with my Russian despite it being a bit of a pain to fill and rewick! It still produces an awesome vape and is always with me as a back up...

Hey Rob, if it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

I know there are a few tinkerers and new Kayfun owners, would love to see how they've been doing. I know @Die Kriek is keeping secrets ;)

I know there are a few tinkerers and new Kayfun owners, would love to see how they've been doing. I know @Die Kriek is keeping secrets ;)

Well if the Cricket is keeping secrets that could end up a costly fine for the lad! ;)
JudgeAvatar.jpg

I do the same old boring build. Tried lots of stuff but 2mm ID 8 wrap 28g come out at 1.4ohm and thats my happy place can vape that all day everyday.

When I open the kayfun tomorrow I will try and remember to take a pic. Twisted 32g 6-7 wraps or between 1.3 and 1.6ohm depending on the tightness of the twist. Flavour is the name of the game

sent from my telegraph machine using Tapalalk stop

6150f203ceac35ff1de47695953a67cc.jpg
2e7c445a6be56b79bb0402a747c05a66.jpg

Twisted ribbon kanthal , re flattened on a 2mm drill bit. O.8 ohms. Flavor is ok clouds a kicking.

There you go @BumbleBee

Going off topic, what kayfun is this deck from :confused:? Reason I'm asking is I see you've attached the coil to holes in the post, the only "kayfun type" tank that i've seen that has this is the Eleaf "Lemo". I'm looking at getting something like it so it would be nice to have some options :D.

Going off topic, what kayfun is this deck from :confused:? Reason I'm asking is I see you've attached the coil to holes in the post, the only "kayfun type" tank that i've seen that has this is the Eleaf "Lemo". I'm looking at getting something like it so it would be nice to have some options :D.

Kayfun 3.1

No secrets, just haven't really played with it yet. Simple 1.2Ω coil with some cotton. Not even a pretty coil. I'll play with it this weekend and show some pictures, been meaning to try something a bit more adventurous

Here's my current setup...

Quad twisted 32g Kanthal, 2mm ID, 1.2 ohms wicked with Rayon. It's a super moist vape with tons of flavour and zero dry hits :)

DSC00160.JPG DSC00161.JPG DSC00163.JPG DSC00164.JPG

lovely coiling @BumbleBee

can you post a pic of the side of the deck please

i want to see how you layed the rayon

Macrobore coil, with 2 strands of 32. Nice work! I have found my macrobore coils can't wick fast enough to avoid dry hits. I am thinking the twist makes the difference. Nice share, thanks @BumbleBee

The twist makes an incredible difference, I'm using the same setup in my Igo-L at 0.6 ohms (less wraps) and it's insane!

There's 4 strands of 32g in there ;)

lovely coiling @BumbleBee

can you post a pic of the side of the deck please

i want to see how you layed the rayon
Sorry bud, I didn't get a side shot with the wick in place and it's all assembled and juiced up already. Here's another shot of the coil letting off some steam at a slight angle. I don't squash the wick up against the posts, it's just hanging there only slightly touching the deck.

DSC00165.JPG

Back