Show us your DIY concoctions

Bowdens Mate is great!
All the best with this @Andre !

Lol, I need to taste it at leisure again, also against the real thing. Further tweaking will probably be required. This tasting was just a quick sifting. Bearing all that in mind and on condition that whoever tries it, shares their honest impressions and any tweaks of improvement, here is that one, called Version B07:

INW Milk Chocolate 2.5 %
TFA French Vanilla Creme 1.5 %
TFA Menthol 0.5 %
FA Peppermint 2.0 %
CAP Vanilla Custard V1 1.0 %

My notes of said quick sifting taste (Glen Grant influenced) say the Menthol/Mint is too much. Consider 1.5 % FA Peppermint and maybe 0.25 % TFA Menthol.
EDIT:
This one was mixed 50PG/50VG.

Tasted this and one other in the light of day again. And spent some quality time with the real thing. No doubt in my mind this is the closest I have got of the around 20 test samples I have mixed. The real juice definitely is big on the Peppermint with some Menthol behind it. Both the chocolate and the vanilla are not as pronounced as one might think. And it is not an overly sweet juice. The chocolate in my Version B07 is not spot on, but the best by far of those I have tried. Have not tried the chocolate at a lower percentage, but did at a higher percentage, which threw it out of kilter.

Yip, @rogue zombie, I also am more than happy with just a good recipe in the same profile as Bowden's Mate. This one does it for me so far. Shall certainly tweak it going forward though. Looking forward to your impressions. Yes, of all my versions, this one has the least ingredients - winner!

@Patrick, you might also be interested. Our offline discussions in this regard certainly helped a lot, thank you. At least I got rid of the damn Acetyl Pyrazine!

In all my countless damn iterations, I've never tried this combination. I'm on to it. Thanks @Andre . And apropos our conversation, you really need to try taro - it's one of the most intriguing concentrates I have ever encountered.

Just mixed with the pre-blend going in last, and before shaking commences.

YqhCPVb.jpg

Last edited:
@Andre that looks amazing!
Love the pattern at the top

From my DIY mate @Viper_SA - thank you. Tobacco pre-blends to add VG, PG and Nic and try. Actually a wonderful way to share one's recipes imho.

Shall certainly keep me busy for some time.

RKnCEW8.jpg

In all my countless damn iterations, I've never tried this combination. I'm on to it. Thanks @Andre . And apropos our conversation, you really need to try taro - it's one of the most intriguing concentrates I have ever encountered.
Taro is on my list - waiting for some concentrates.

Taro is on my list - waiting for some concentrates.
I went with Darthvapour's recipe first which is complex but well worth it. In fact I tried a version without the taro and it's also damn interesting. The taro does need a month though.

Here's the recipe:
The Taro Deck : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/413593/The Taro Deck

1.6% Fig Fresh (FA)
0.6% Fuji Apple (FA)
1.6% Nugat (INAWERA)
1.6% Oba Oba (FA)
0.8% Pear (FA)
1.6% Plum (TPA)
1% Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)
1.8% Taro (TPA)
2% Toasted Marshmallow (TPA)
2% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA)

Flavor total: 14.6%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/3fpQ

I went with Darthvapour's recipe first which is complex but well worth it. In fact I tried a version without the taro and it's also damn interesting. The taro does need a month though.

Here's the recipe:
The Taro Deck : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/413593/The Taro Deck

1.6% Fig Fresh (FA)
0.6% Fuji Apple (FA)
1.6% Nugat (INAWERA)
1.6% Oba Oba (FA)
0.8% Pear (FA)
1.6% Plum (TPA)
1% Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)
1.8% Taro (TPA)
2% Toasted Marshmallow (TPA)
2% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA)

Flavor total: 14.6%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/3fpQ
Not very nutty? He describes it as "sweet and nutty".

This one attracts me.

Perhaps this time round we'll achieve the full 14 day steep...

b5ea3cc9b27e52c9f328dff4230b8103.jpg

Left to right -
Goldfish Cannoli
Ella's Shortbread Biscuit
Mom's Unicorn Milk (modified V2)
Strawberry Shortcake Bar
Grant's Vanilla Custard My Way (modified)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Perhaps this time round we'll achieve the full 14 day steep...

b5ea3cc9b27e52c9f328dff4230b8103.jpg

Left to right -
Goldfish Cannoli
Ella's Shortbread Biscuit
Mom's Unicorn Milk (modified V2)
Strawberry Shortcake Bar
Grant's Vanilla Custard My Way (modified)

Great stuff! Is that your scale? Looks professional if so.

Great stuff! Is that your scale? Looks professional if so.
It's work's scale, fortunate to work in the food industry. The scales are SABS approved for sale so very accurate down to like 3 decimals and upto 15kg. Probably a bit overkill, but hey while it's available to me why not ;)
4851f9399ee87df2aa60a47a06da141c.jpg

Did get one of these little pocket scales and it's fairly accurate to the second decimal.
b7cb78800f30c743c9000eb25c0fa2fc.jpg

Productive weekend. Nic, PG and VG added to all the tobacco pre-blends shipped this way by @Viper_SA. To be tasted at leisure.

Mixed up Doc's Snake Oil, a @rogue zombie recipe.

skeRzZR.jpg

Taro juices ready for the long steep, @Patrick

DqoV9Lz.jpg

We'll talk in February. Love it or hate it you will never have tasted this. Someone over the weekend got butternut, another sweet potato and a third the best shortbread that she'd ever tasted. That's what it tastes like.

This was actually a pic taken yesterday to show a mate my screen setup, but the highlight turned out to be my DIY collection of concoctions. So here you go...

IMG-20170203-WA0010.jpeg

Back