Show us your DIY concoctions

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Pre-blends done!

7pj0QUM.jpg

I got an amazing labeling machine on special at my local Spar for R69: a vet roll of masking tape and a ballpoint. :p

If @Andre is making Purple Cow premixes, it must be good. I killed my bottle of Silly Rabbit today, making Wayne's cereal mix. So that is a vaping milestone of sorts: my first ever bottle of concentrate fully used up. I fear there will be many more...

I got an amazing labeling machine on special at my local Spar for R69: a vet roll of masking tape and a ballpoint. :p

If @Andre is making Purple Cow premixes, it must be good. I killed my bottle of Silly Rabbit today, making Wayne's cereal mix. So that is a vaping milestone of sorts: my first ever bottle of concentrate fully used up. I fear there will be many more...
Yip, those are all winners. Except the Strawberry Malt Balls, which is new - I was too lazy to go get the nicotine in the freezer and do the PG/VG part - but am confident it shall be a winner. Purple Cow is something different, love the tart notes in there. GuavaBerry is a @Kalashnikov creation, a smashing guava juice.

Oh, do note that pre-blends kill those concentrate bottles rather quicker! Seriously though, making the mixing process two parts does make it feel less demanding, for want of a better word.

Yip, those are all winners. Except the Strawberry Malt Balls, which is new - I was too lazy to go get the nicotine in the freezer and do the PG/VG part - but am confident it shall be a winner. Purple Cow is something different, love the tart notes in there. GuavaBerry is a @Kalashnikov creation, a smashing guava juice.

Oh, do note that pre-blends kill those concentrate bottles rather quicker! Seriously though, making the mixing process two parts does make it feel less demanding, for want of a better word.
You still making it :--P... Any new changes? I tried it with 2% Cap sweet guava added and it helped the guava very much.

You still making it :--P... Any new changes? I tried it with 2% Cap sweet guava added and it helped the guava very much.
Last time we talked you said you added 2 % TFA Strawberry Sweet. I like my fruity juices to be as least sweet as possible, but I did then add 1 % of CAP Sweet Strawberry and it was still great. Did you substitute the Strawberry Sweet for CAP Sweet Guava? Does it make it sweeter?

Last time we talked you said you added 2 % TFA Strawberry Sweet. I like my fruity juices to be as least sweet as possible, but I did then add 1 % of CAP Sweet Strawberry and it was still great. Did you substitute the Strawberry Sweet for CAP Sweet Guava? Does it make it sweeter?
I just added it into the mix lol with the straw sweet. its just bring out that guava much better

Sweet Strawberry Cream almost all finished, probably the fastest I have ever gone through a dessert juice. Pre-blend replenished and last bottle mixed from previous pre-blend.
Real Lemonade a simple mix of INW Lemon and INW Lemon Mix, hoping it is less sweet than those I have tried so far.
Nillson's Demise to compare with The Doctor Said.
New version of Ginger Snaps to try - added some other traditional spices, removed the citrus flavours and decreased the ingredients of the sugar cookie base.
Durandt's Treachery is black, black, black. Looking forward to mix and try it out after about 15 days of curing of the pre-blend.

HX9WLav.jpg

So the pre blends are working for you @Andre. I think I have found one or two recipes that I am going to do this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So the pre blends are working for you @Andre. I think I have found one or two recipes that I am going to do this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah it does. For winner tried and tested recipes, especially those with many ingredients. And for tobaccos where volumes to be added can be so small, one is forced to mix 30 ml. Easier to then do a pre-blend - and it does not need to be 10 ml, a 5 or 3 ml pre-blend would be good to go too.

My main objective was from day one was to get a mod/atty/flavour combination. At the moment I have 10 squonkers up and running, each with its own flavour profile. After some intence Diy-ing ...hehe I think I am sorted, except for a decent DIY menthol vape. Now I try to just stock up on nicotine and the concentrates I use. I try to keep at least 6-8 months of diy stock at hand.

Yeah it does. For winner tried and tested recipes, especially those with many ingredients. And for tobaccos where volumes to be added can be so small, one is forced to mix 30 ml. Easier to then do a pre-blend - and it does not need to be 10 ml, a 5 or 3 ml pre-blend would be good to go too.
Are you counting drops or using the scale. I just find that the scale is so inaccurate on small quantities

Are you counting drops or using the scale. I just find that the scale is so inaccurate on small quantities
I only use the scale. The one from VV. Accurate enough for me. What I do with small volumes is not use the Tare function, but just adding up in my head. It seems to register better this way.
Drops are so inaccurate - different bottle types and sizes - a drop from a 10 ml HDPE bottle is totally different to a drop from a 30 or 50 ml HDPE bottle, even with the same nipple. And the PET bottles are impossible to get a more or less constant drop.

My main objective was from day one was to get a mod/atty/flavour combination. At the moment I have 10 squonkers up and running, each with its own flavour profile. After some intence Diy-ing ...hehe I think I am sorted, except for a decent DIY menthol vape. Now I try to just stock up on nicotine and the concentrates I use. I try to keep at least 6-8 months of diy stock at hand.
@VapeSnow's Creamy Mint is very decent. I used the Creme de Menthe II. Or are you referring to a menthol tobacco?

d2b1da8ee0f13f16c0849265182a7f77.jpg

A few of my mixes I'm enjoying. A few are still steeping but they will get their turn too.
Right now I'm trying to not mix too much and vape what I have. DIY has an unexpected problem where you have too much juice and not enough time to vape it all...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Blind tasting a few versions of Bowdens Mate against the real thing. To keep me busy whilst the rack of mutton is braaing slowly. Some Glen Grant to enhance the experience. Found one version to be promising.

2hWsrut.jpg

Blind tasting a few versions of Bowdens Mate against the real thing. To keep me busy whilst the rack of mutton is braaing slowly. Some Glen Grant to enhance the experience. Found one version to be promising.

2hWsrut.jpg
Ooh please do tell the promising recipe.

I bet its the version in the dripper bottle :D

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ooh please do tell the promising recipe.

I bet its the version in the dripper bottle :D
Lol, I need to taste it at leisure again, also against the real thing. Further tweaking will probably be required. This tasting was just a quick sifting. Bearing all that in mind and on condition that whoever tries it, shares their honest impressions and any tweaks of improvement, here is that one, called Version B07:

INW Milk Chocolate 2.5 %
TFA French Vanilla Creme 1.5 %
TFA Menthol 0.5 %
FA Peppermint 2.0 %
CAP Vanilla Custard V1 1.0 %

My notes of said quick sifting taste (Glen Grant influenced) say the Menthol/Mint is too much. Consider 1.5 % FA Peppermint and maybe 0.25 % TFA Menthol.
EDIT:
This one was mixed 50PG/50VG.

Tasted this and one other in the light of day again. And spent some quality time with the real thing. No doubt in my mind this is the closest I have got of the around 20 test samples I have mixed. The real juice definitely is big on the Peppermint with some Menthol behind it. Both the chocolate and the vanilla are not as pronounced as one might think. And it is not an overly sweet juice. The chocolate in my Version B07 is not spot on, but the best by far of those I have tried. Have not tried the chocolate at a lower percentage, but did at a higher percentage, which threw it out of kilter.

Yip, @rogue zombie, I also am more than happy with just a good recipe in the same profile as Bowden's Mate. This one does it for me so far. Shall certainly tweak it going forward though. Looking forward to your impressions. Yes, of all my versions, this one has the least ingredients - winner!

@Patrick, you might also be interested. Our offline discussions in this regard certainly helped a lot, thank you. At least I got rid of the damn Acetyl Pyrazine!

Last edited:
Lol, I need to taste it at leisure again, also against the real thing. Further tweaking will probably be required. This tasting was just a quick sifting. Bearing all that in mind and on condition that whoever tries it, shares their honest impressions and any tweaks of improvement, here is that one, called Version B07:

INW Milk Chocolate 2.5 %
TFA French Vanilla Creme 1.5 %
TFA Menthol 0.5 %
FA Peppermint 2.0 %
CAP Vanilla Custard V1 1.0 %

My notes of said quick sifting taste (Glen Grant influenced) say the Menthol/Mint is too much. Consider 1.5 % FA Peppermint and maybe 0.25 % TFA Menthol.
Wow, so a "conservative recipe" by the look of it, is the best so far.

I shall mix that one up to. Like Ive told you before, I just want a good recipe in the same profile as Bowdens Mate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back