Show us your Pit Stop

Nice @Paul33
What are your initial impressions of the TFC?

And my wife bought me a profile RDA, the one with the mesh coils, and that got some love today as well.

It absolutely FREAKS me out how much cotton you have to use in a mesh coil. It’s the complete opposite of what we’re used to. With this the more you can literally shove in there the better. You need to choke it through the coil because if you don’t and you get a dry hit your heart will stop and your spine explodes. A dry hit off a mesh coil is something to be very afraid of.

A981008F-D382-44D7-83EA-B40E42125C1E.jpeg

But the bonus is you don’t have to worry about moving the coil when putting that much cotton through, it really doesn’t matter cause the coil doesn’t move and you don’t get hotspots with mesh so that’s cool.

F0A5CF97-2BD9-4E2F-9769-01B080AD6644.png

And this thing ramps up instantly. Absolutely 100% as soon as you push the button.

I’m enjoying this one. Looking forward to exploring with different types of mesh cause the one I’m using is the kanthal one it came with. I can’t remeber the last time I vaped in kanthal before this.

Nice @Paul33
What are your initial impressions of the TFC?
I like it @Silver

I like the loooooong strip it comes in as opposed to pinching and pulling like with CBV2. Nowhere near the amount of wasting.

Flavour is sharp and it works really well in my RDA’s.

Not sure how it works in RTAs cause I don’t own any :rofl:

Tonight I pitstopped the mighty OL16. Needed a new wick, juice refill and fresh battery.

This is my Havana Nightz restricted lung hit device. I usually like my tobaccoes strong in MTL but I enjoy Havana Nightz so much in this device. Not at 18mg but around 10mg.

Thin 28 gauge coils looking a bit tired but ok. I don't feel like changing them. It's a bit of a tedious exercise for me. Anyhow these coils are simple coils. 8 wraps each. Comes to 0.35 ohms. I like the thin gauge for more crispness and instant ramp. Mounted high and quite close to the centre.

9bf64b7087f694ba3a846d1152de84ab.jpg

All juiced up and ready to go...

I've said this before but will say it again. That moment before the first vape on a freshly pitstopped device is so exciting for me. Lol.

91c5364c5473c84b545e4e081b1be6a4.jpg

This is actually my 'Havana Ice' blend. I nic it up to about 10-12mg and add some Menthol concentrate.

And voila!

ac8fc05e9043480ef9dee9f7487f3198.jpg

This juice is magical. @Naeemhoosen created a winner. Been vaping it for a long time and it's such a glorious Tobacco with a creaminess and slight sweetness. Never tire of it.

And the OL16 does it justice. With the thin coils it's crisp and sharp. Very defined flavour. Restricted lung hit. This just works so well and makes me happy :):)

Major pit stop underway, it’s raining and I have nothing better to do.
4x different tanks, each with its own special requirements...”Clear your mind, be one with the Force” :-D
2498BCB7-BE68-495A-9941-E35DC336AA34.jpeg

It always feels like open heart surgery rewicking and building in the Exocet.

@smilelykumeenit frame staple alien with TFC and some Red Pill EZ Shot. Yum.

F923BE3E-F764-402C-8D01-021A75E0D9E6.jpeg 86E48E67-9226-4FF8-BE10-648C88894B9C.png

I hear you @Paul33
Its so small

Rebuilding for the billet box scares me - i always worry im going to either mess up threads on the Pico (for dry firing) or do something wrong to the o rings. Quite an operation
I always feel a huge feeling of accomplishment afterwards :rofl:

I hear you @Paul33
Its so small

Rebuilding for the billet box scares me - i always worry im going to either mess up threads on the Pico (for dry firing) or do something wrong to the o rings. Quite an operation
I rewicked just now @Silver but I’m starting to think it’s the sxk Exocet that’s a bit faulty and not the coil.

Was popping and not quite spitting but sounding funny(if that makes sense) hence the rewick.

Still doing the same thing now.

Going to try a different coil tomorrow morning and hope that fixes the problem.

If not then I need a new bridge :wasntme:

I rewicked just now @Silver but I’m starting to think it’s the sxk Exocet that’s a bit faulty and not the coil.

Was popping and not quite spitting but sounding funny(if that makes sense) hence the rewick.

Still doing the same thing now.

Going to try a different coil tomorrow morning and hope that fixes the problem.

If not then I need a new bridge :wasntme:
Wick hit hard and comb it hard.

I always wick the exocet at the brink of distorting the coil. Then I comb the tails until no more fluff comes off. It helped with that gurgling sound.

I always wick the exocet at the brink of distorting the coil. Then I comb the tails until no more fluff comes off. It helped with that gurgling sound.
I’ll try that in the morning before changing the coil out for a different one :clap:

I am going to try and get my hands on some TFC tomorrow. I hope it is more than just hype.

I am going to try and get my hands on some TFC tomorrow. I hope it is more than just hype.
I don’t think it is. It’s easy to use and flavour is good. What more could you ask for in a cotton :)

After a few cups of coffee and some close inspection I saw that the posts were sitting a bit skew so I had more coffee and decided to check the positive post and the bloody thing was loose and sitting off Centre.

Straightened the post, tightened the post, re coiled, rewicked, juiced again and it seems to be working properly again.

Amazing how such a small thing can cause so much irritation.

It always feels like open heart surgery rewicking and building in the Exocet.

@smilelykumeenit frame staple alien with TFC and some Red Pill EZ Shot. Yum.

View attachment 153806 View attachment 153807

The BB/EXO is my go-to set up. I never travel without it. Most efficient, reliable set up I've ever come across and the number 1 in my rotation. It may be a bit tricky to build and wick the exocet but it's not something that need be done too often so that's a pro. I've gone a week and a half without rewicking and still had a pleasant vape.

The BB/EXO is my go-to set up. I never travel without it. Most efficient, reliable set up I've ever come across and the number 1 in my rotation. It may be a bit tricky to build and wick the exocet but it's not something that need be done too often so that's a pro. I've gone a week and a half without rewicking and still had a pleasant vape.
I agree it’s easy to wick and build but just feels like a mission because there’s so many parts spread out all over the place.

But I agree, it’s a magic setup.

Back