Sid Not Working

Just B

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I have absolutely no idea why my SID will not work. It comes on, but as soon as I put my Kayfun or anything else on, it just will not fire up........... Does anyone have any suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 14
Probably a short on the coil ?

Have you tried replacing the coil and then firing ?

Either that or the resistance is too low , I could be wrong

Often when these things don't fire, it's because the coil isn't making contact with the middle of the connector or that the connection is dirty.

You should try cleaning the inside of the 510 with a cotton swab. If you have some vodka, dip the swab in that and clean it out. Just remove the battery before cleaning there.

Also, the Kayfun is known to push those Centre pins down in mvps. So, use a screwdriver and just lift that centre pin in the 510 a little.

Oh yes didn't think of that ...

Let us know

Sometimes the contact pin for the battery can shift inside the control head. Have a look and see if it isn't a bit recessed

Thanks everyone I will try all these suggestion this afternoon. Tried to swop out with hubby but he just said NO. :rolleyes:. Oh well.........

eish missB, you're not having good luck with your mods of late. i got the same problem on my evic, from too many low res coils causing shorts and now she no more work anymore. hopefully it's not something on the little circuit board inside that went kaput :(

I know. I think with all my tasting and OTT Vaping, my mods are a bit over worked. Took the advice that was given here and hubby got his tools out and hey presto with a bit of a pull here and a push there we have got it working. Think I will really have to start looking for replacement mods for when mine pack up.

Sorry about your evic @denizenx . That sucks :(.

I know. I think with all my tasting and OTT Vaping, my mods are a bit over worked. Took the advice that was given here and hubby got his tools out and hey presto with a bit of a pull here and a push there we have got it working. Think I will really have to start looking for replacement mods for when mine pack up.

Sorry about your evic @denizenx . That sucks :(.

That's kinda why I'm still drawn to my mechs. No circuitry to go wrong. Just good old fashioned human error!
eish missB, you're not having good luck with your mods of late. i got the same problem on my evic, from too many low res coils causing shorts and now she no more work anymore. hopefully it's not something on the little circuit board inside that went kaput :(

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

Don't know why the Dark Side decided to invert my post. But you get the point.

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

Back