Sigh I Am Terrible :(

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Okay I am rather ashamed to admit this but anyway... I am a complete retard when it comes to technicalities.. A while ago I broke my Evic from dropping it a few times. Fair enough and I couldn't warrant the R700 from eciggies for a new head and the easy head with no voltage control doesn't roll with me. So I got the SVD instead and was really happy - was great and sturdy

I then got the rocket from @CraftyZA and it was great until I decided to make a micro coil from videos I watched but unfortunately I seemed to have had over tightened it and was unable to un-tighten the part that connects to the battery the rest of the rocket came off. After many tries I was able to get it off but in the process it broke that bottom part of the rocket from chipping. I was rather down about that but at least my SVD was okay - or so I thought. Anyway upon putting on a new atomizer the SVD read 0.0 ohms on every single atomizer I put on it. So it is now faulty..

Luckily I have pre-ordered the VTR from VapeKing and I am curretly vaping a normal ego battery with a evod which really doesnt float my boat :( Any ideas?

Bud have you tried lifting the center connector in the SVD ? Not sure if it will help but sometimes mine get's stuck even though it is spring loaded.

Hi iPwn, thanks for the response. The connector I assume is the bronze circle bit in the middle of the connector?

I'm probably sounding like a broken vinyl record, but you should seriously consider investing in a Reo Grand. A totally mechanical mod (no electronics to break) milled from a solid aluminium block. Almost unbreakable. For an untech like met the Reo has been a godsend. And the RM2 with it is the easiest rba to build and has a ceramic floor, which makes shorts very unlikely. Pity you are not down here and I could demonstrate to you.

Matthee do you have links on where I can purchase it?

@ andre' but the reo doesn't have fiddly bits and thingofamabobs and wattlefoozles. that's what draws a lot of us to it. for me when i first saw the itaste vtr it was oooh, it's a reo but better :) but i likes the shinies. i'm sure reo's will make their way more vapers over time and experience.

@Gizmo , eish dude i feel your pain. if it helps any, a wee bit of fiddling by someone who knows what they are doing can get your evic to at least vapable capabilities

Matthee do you have links on where I can purchase it?

Ok, iPWN gave you the link above. Also lots of info on the Reosmods forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/. But you're welcome to ask away to me as well.

@ andre' but the reo doesn't have fiddly bits and thingofamabobs and wattlefoozles. that's what draws a lot of us to it. for me when i first saw the itaste vtr it was oooh, it's a reo but better :) but i likes the shinies. i'm sure reo's will make their way more vapers over time and experience.

Oh, but you can get them shiny as well.
uIjg6VB.jpg

i have heard the Reo mods have a cult following. If Santa is kind i might get one for xmas lol !

Andre do you have the Grand or the Mini ?

Yeah, a strong following, but justified IMHO. I have the mechanical Grand. Best bang for your buck I think. And I am just not friends with electronic stuff.

Is yours the VV Reo Grand? How does it have vv if its full mechanical? I do love its uniqueness.. hmm.. But I have put money down for the VTR.. Hard to decide now.

Is yours the VV Reo Grand? How does it have vv if its full mechanical? I do love its uniqueness.. hmm.. But I have put money down for the VTR.. Hard to decide now.

No, I much prefer the "normal" mechanical Grand. I reckon about 90% of owners have the mechanical Grand. IMO you can much more easily get your preferred vape (sweet spot) with the Grand than with the VV. And, again, the VV has electronics that can easily break. The mech Grand you can wash with soap and water after removing the battery. You also get a Grand Mini, which is a bit smaller, but then you get just 3 ml of juice bottle against 6 ml for the Grand - women with small hands love them. And the battery for the Grand is larger (lasts the whole day) and stronger (accommodates whatever resistance coil you prefer). Here is a picture of the Grand and Grand Mini to give you size perspective. The Grand fits nicely in my hand and in my pocket and never leaks. The one on the left of the shiny ones above is a VV, it's got a side button, which is a disadvantage as it easily gets fired in your pocket.
MvDcCFo.jpg

But how does the juice get into the atty by just pushing the bottle? If it's obvious, excuse me.:D

But how does the juice get into the atty by just pushing the bottle? If it's obvious, excuse me.:D

Dont worry I'm also confused about how the whole thing works, I get how it sucks up the liquid - its kinda like those droppers you use to give babies medicine - just confused - is it a normal atomiser?

There is a hole in the floor of the atomizer with a channel which leads to the top of where the juice bottle tube ends. So when you press the bottle the displacement force the juice up, through the hole and onto the floor of the atty where your wick is. The wick sucks up the juice. Then about 3 counts later as you release all extra juice is sucked back into the juice bottle. Then you vape away about 3 to 4 toots before you squonk (press the juice bottle) again. So you get fresh juice on your wick every time, like in dripping. And no juice that can get hot or burned or tainted like in a bottom coil system. Here is a photo of the atomizer (reomizer 2.0) floor. Note: I lifted the coil for a better view.
XNAZF3m.jpg

There is a hole in the floor of the atomizer with a channel which leads to the top of where the juice bottle tube ends. So when you press the bottle the displacement force the juice up, through the hole and onto the floor of the atty where your wick is. The wick sucks up the juice. Then about 3 counts later as you release all extra juice is sucked back into the juice bottle. Then you vape away about 3 to 4 toots before you squonk (press the juice bottle) again. So you get fresh juice on your wick every time, like in dripping. And no juice that can get hot or burned or tainted like in a bottom coil system. Here is a photo of the atomizer (reomizer 2.0) floor. Note: I lifted the coil for a better view.
XNAZF3m.jpg
O, I see! Thanks for the explanation.

Was just a bit confused as other atomizers is without that hole.

So a Reomizer must be used then.

Cool stuff.

O, I see! Thanks for the explanation.

Was just a bit confused as other atomizers is without that hole.

So a Reomizer must be used then.

Cool stuff.

A pleasure Tyler. There are other bottom fed atomizers, e.g. you get the Cyclone as a bottom feeder and the Chalice (very, very expensive), but the Reomizer 2 is imho the best for the price.

Back