Single 18650 Mosfet Mech Mod

Uzzi_G

Uzair_Gora
LV

Awards
I want to know if this is possible and exactly how. Like what mosfet should I use and the resistor. I'm converting a dead mod into a mech, I have done series mechs before with mosfets but failed with my first attempt at a single battery.

I want to know if this is possible and exactly how. Like what mosfet should I use and the resistor. I'm converting a dead mod into a mech, I have done series mechs before with mosfets but failed with my first attempt at a single battery.

Just minus a battery :) Dont forget to share your progress.

Dual-18650-Wiring-Diagram.png

You need the correct mosfet that supports a very low gate voltage(VGS(th), a lot of them are 4.5v and higher.
eg the IRLB8743 has a Vgs of 2.35V and a low DS resistance of 3.4milli ohms.

The mosfet/s you looking for is called "N-Channel Logic Level" - a part number with "L" in it as the one @blujeenz mentioned.

You need the correct mosfet that supports a very low gate voltage(VGS(th), a lot of them are 4.5v and higher.

Yeah he needs the IRLB3034 which is the most popular one for us vapers and then a 1/4w 15k resistor and whatever switch.

W
Will I be able to find this mosfet in Mantech?

Awesome, haven't got down to finding the datasheet but would it be safe to run in a series battery configuration as well as parallel?

The maximum allowable gate-source voltage (VGS) for the IRLB3034 is +/-20V, so you're more than safe at 8.4V.

Back