Single Coil RTA advice - OBS ACE TANK

What about the good old Subtank Mini with RBA base?

Not the biggest build deck in the world - but it's easy to wick and has a decent sized tank :D
I think this is why i am leaning to the OBS ACE. its the only one i know with all the top flow stuff while still having a solely single coil deck. I dont like the ones with the adapters to convert into single coil as then it leaves so much wasted space. Subtank is a good choice but top fill and juice control is a must these days

I got the OBS ACE, and didnt even bother with the stock coil, its still in the box.
The RBA section is VERY easy to build. You do a 6 wrap spaced coil, reverse wound, 2.5mm ID, and it installs perfectly. Wicks got to two holes, not four, so still works on the same principal as the Crius, but with two holes permanently blocked off. Flavor and clouds are decent, and compared to a Serpent, juice lasts a bit longer too.
So i got myself the ace. Im not sure if you could help me. I installed the pre rolled clapton coil. But im not sure if its kanthal or SS? Cause it does not seem to be changing resistance when firing. Would that mean its kanthal?

I am speaking of the clapton coil that comes with the rba head. not the ceramic coils. trying to figure out what wire type the clapton is

Oh, sorry about that...
If its in the ballpark of 0.5 Ohms, its likely to be Kanthal. What does it read when the tank is on the mod?

After having the OBS ace for about a month. its quite a decent tank but flavour even with the rba felt lacking a bit. I now have had a serpent mini for a couple of weeks now. Hands down what a amazing single coil rta. So if anyone is looking into single coils tanks go for the serpent mini. Amazing flavour. Easy to wick. Has never leaked. Easy to build. And its so tiny it looks great on just about any device.

I have two Ace tanks, and they both perform flawlessly in rba. No leaks, no dry hits and great flavor, maybe even better than my Melo 3, but certainly on parr.

I have two Ace tanks, and they both perform flawlessly in rba. No leaks, no dry hits and great flavor, maybe even better than my Melo 3, but certainly on parr.
Yeah i didnt have any issues with leaks or dry hits. But what annoyed me is when you fill after you close it you have juice inside the top airflow holes. So it was constantly wet at the top. Other that that its a good tank. But the serpent won me over with its simplicity:)

I never use the top airflow. It just serves to reduce flavor. Even on the 2pfuffs drip tips that had it I hated it.

Back