Siren 2 Reviews

Glad you happy with it @Silver. The silence of the draw and smooth airflow just makes it that better not to mention no leaking

Cant believe how quiet it is @Rafique
Initially i thought it wasnt making contact. Lol

One thing i have picked up is you need to suck a bit harder than on the Reo/RM2

The RM2 erupts into your mouth and doesnt require all that much suckage

With this Siren and other tanks too, you need to pull a bit harder to get a dense vape.

Nothing against the Siren, its just how these tanks are. I am so used to the RM2.

So moral of the story is you need to suck good and proper ;-)

Oh I had to put on my chinos and powder blue shirt for this review...

having had a little more time with the Siren V2 Ive discovered and do things slightly differently than your post above. First, my coil height, a 2.5mm ID coil with the lower part of the coil in line with the top of the post, second, my wick tails just barely poke out beneath the deck and on a 2.5mm coil I don't bother thinning them out because I'm running 50/50 juice. Also, its fair in the flavor department but what really appeals to me is the ease of use, easy to coil and wick, silent airflow and violent throat hit with 18mg juice. That and sitting on the Kamytech 1000 e-pipe mod its got this bourgeois funk vibe going on... I need some 18mg havana nights then I'm set for life.

Oh I had to put on my chinos and powder blue shirt for this review...

having had a little more time with the Siren V2 Ive discovered and do things slightly differently than your post above. First, my coil height, a 2.5mm ID coil with the lower part of the coil in line with the top of the post, second, my wick tails just barely poke out beneath the deck and on a 2.5mm coil I don't bother thinning them out because I'm running 50/50 juice. Also, its fair in the flavor department but what really appeals to me is the ease of use, easy to coil and wick, silent airflow and violent throat hit with 18mg juice. That and sitting on the Kamytech 1000 e-pipe mod its got this bourgeois funk vibe going on... I need some 18mg havana nights then I'm set for life.

Thanks @Amir
Lol

I have 12mg in here and the throat hit is very good indeed. No complaints in that department.

Next time i will try my own 2.5mm id coil. Can you take a side photo for us when you opem yours up next to rewick? I want to see your coil height.

Next time i will also try with shorter wick tails.

But all working fine on mine so far

Having another short session on the Siren (after the overcast beach episode)

Cannot believe how quiet it is while vaporizing. Amazing
And the throat hit is actually more than I thought. This 12mg Havana Nightz is punching hard
Am trying the third largest airhole now. Slightly more air. Nice.

My tank is getting empty. Prob another 0.5ml

Just realised that @Scouse45 and @Amir 's wicking method of not dangling too far down probably will allow for more juice :D

So how do you guys think this will compare to the new merlin MTL option that sir vape sells

https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/mtl-pod-systems/products/new-merlin-mtl-22mm-by-augvape

Its interesting @BioHAZarD
When i was at Sir Vaps and got the Siren2 they had just got in this new Merlin
And i was tempted to get both - but held back
It looked pretty good and Hugo took it apart for me to show me
But i decided in the end to go for the Siren because Rafique and Amir had reported good things

Its interesting @BioHAZarD
When i was at Sir Vaps and got the Siren2 they had just got in this new Merlin
And i was tempted to get both - but held back
It looked pretty good and Hugo took it apart for me to show me
But i decided in the end to go for the Siren because Rafique and Amir had reported good things
Thanks @Silver
I think I will go against the grain and try the merlin ;)

Thanks @Amir
Lol

I have 12mg in here and the throat hit is very good indeed. No complaints in that department.

Next time i will try my own 2.5mm id coil. Can you take a side photo for us when you opem yours up next to rewick? I want to see your coil height.

Next time i will also try with shorter wick tails.

But all working fine on mine so far

Had I seen this post 20 mins ago I would’ve managed to get that pic for u. I just got home and first thing I did was switch out the twisted 28g kanthal wire to a 24g ss on a 3mm bit. 8 wraps and 0.45 ohms later I pulled a Silver. Now laying paraplegic and bed and saying a silent prayer of thanks for enabling me to be able to purchase this gruesomely wonderful karate kick tank.

I will send a pic tho when I get through the tank before refill tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the Siren has behaved well on its first tankful. Before I change the coil and wick and potentially make a mistake I decided to refill with my Blackbird blend that I know well.

Not too worried about overlap with the previous Havana Nightz because they are both tobaccoes.

Photo showing how much juice was used from a full 10ml bottle. So it does look like it's about 2ml capacity in this Siren.

2982f85264a0d5cf2361ae23d0284c44.jpg

Will report back once the flavour starts coming though....

Side comment. I do think it needs a faster ramping coil.

On first pickup when cold one only gets a decent vape on the second toot when the coil is warm.

By comparison the Reo/RM2 is an instant volcanic eruption from the initial press.

Am still using the supplied coil which I think is a 26g wire. I need to try 26g NI80 or 28g Kanthal in here to see how that impacts ramp time.

Last edited:
Pitstop for Reo Black (with the same juice) for a side by side comparison.

Fresh Jap Cotton wick and batt

c6343105c62daa17b4790abea7e4c91d.jpg

I even put on the same drip tip which is my favourite on Thumper ;-)

431a208461d440d69bd9d4f479fa3dab.jpg

Sorry guys. Sorry to the Siren V2 users but there is just no close comparison yet. The flavour on the Siren is muted compared to the RM2.

RM2 is so direct and in your mouth instantly. It's full and rich.

Siren 2 admittedly is the best MTL vape I've had on a tank but it's flavour is muted and 'distant' compared to the RM2.

I know it's not really a fair comparison between a bf RDA where the action is happening very close to the mouth and a tank - but it is what it is.

Lots more tinkering to do on the Siren and I want to try other juices too.

So far the RM2 still reigns supreme in my tobacco MTL world.

Last edited:
Another observation on the Siren2

Am getting the "wet drip tip syndrome"

Quite a lot of juice build up on the driptip. Have to wipe it occasionally. Not liking that.
Am getting it on the supplied drip tip and my other one I use for my RM2s

Maybe a new coil and wick setup will help alleviate this

Last edited:
Trying to get to grips with the Siren for morning mouth to lung sessions

2d4b253c309751d4942564436e67210c.jpg

Flavour is not RM2 ish but still very good. On the first toot it pops a bit and warms up. So only getting a good vape on 2nd and 3rd toots.

Definitely a problem that there's too much wetness on the drip tip. That's quite irritating and a pity.

Maybe the popping on the first toot is the reason. I don't use spaced coils. Am using the supplied coil which was neatly spaced. My wick was quite tight but not overly tight.

I need to try with another coil but just don't feel like it now.

@Amir , @Rafique - are you guys or any other Siren2 users also getting the wetness on the drip tip?

Trying to get to grips with the Siren for morning mouth to lung sessions

2d4b253c309751d4942564436e67210c.jpg

Flavour is not RM2 ish but still very good. On the first toot it pops a bit and warms up. So only getting a good vape on 2nd and 3rd toots.

Definitely a problem that there's too much wetness on the drip tip. That's quite irritating and a pity.

Maybe the popping on the first toot is the reason. I don't use spaced coils. Am using the supplied coil which was neatly spaced. My wick was quite tight but not overly tight.

I need to try with another coil but just don't feel like it now.

@Amir , @Rafique - are you guys or any other Siren2 users also getting the wetness on the drip tip?

What wattage u running it at silver?

Ok I decided to put my laziness aside and have a go at a new coil.

Decided to use 28g Kanthal. Kidney Puncher.

Went 2.4mm ID

Am not good at spaced but tried. Just to make sure I tried it.

b8cf9fa473bc1c08a86ea81c556fa7bf.jpg

I saw Phil Busardo said in his video that he suggests making the coil as long as the airflow deck to avoid the 'river effect' if the wicks touch that part when going down.

So mine was about 11 wraps. Comes out at 2 ohms. Lol. Probably won't work nicely but I will give it a bash. Hehe

Last edited:
Wicked and lubed up.

Since it was 2.4mm I didn't thin the wicks.

Also made them a bit shorter. I.e. Not quite touching the bottom deck.

Ah I realized I could turn the tank part upside down and not lose the rest of the juice ;-)

3ce16a977cdac1575176173d2a6ba538.jpg

Wow didn't think it would work too well

f922f90a915515b5aba441394539157b.jpg

Surprise surprise!

It's working well. And I actually am liking it compared to the previous coil!

Flavour is crisper and a bit sharper. Throat hit still strong.

First toot much better. Still not the same as 2nd toot but better. Obviously ramping faster.

And you won't believe it. Am vaping at 10 Watts !!

Still quite a bit of moisture on the drip tip. Sad about that.

Ah well. Will keep this setup for a while and see how it goes over the coming day or two.

Will report back ....

Have been vaping a bit more on my new coil and while I prefer the flavour, the "wet drip tip syndrome" is not going away :(

@Silver I haven't gotten any wet tip, it might be spit back you getting but u don't feel it before of the tight draw and chimney. Maybe add a bit more cotton in the coil

Have been vaping a bit more on my new coil and while I prefer the flavour, the "wet drip tip syndrome" is not going away :(

I’ve been using the pipe stem drip tip so I don’t see much condensation or wetness but I did have an issue when I fell asleep with the mod in my hand with the pipe facing down. A droplet made it all the way down the long stem onto my pillow case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back