Siren 2 Reviews

I have to just throw in here that I got to try out @Silver 's Siren on Friday, and I was really really impressed.

I found the flavour outstanding, and loved how quiet it was, the Siren is definitely going to go on my list of things to keep an eye out for.

Got my Siren 2 (24mm, 4/4.5ml) yesterday from Vapers' Corner. Dropped one of the 3mm ID spaced coils in the box onto the deck - coil tails at the bottom. Perfect fit, just needed tightening. Just a tad above 1.0 Ohms. Bottom of the coil is quite close to the air flow holes - about 1 to 1.5 mm. Wicked it medium tight with Cotton Bacon V2. Wick tails just touching the bottom of the atty. Juiced the wick, made sure it fitted nicely into the wick slots and no touching of the air flow box.

Filled the tank with Tarks Matador (12mg), a fusion NET juice, which I know well. Started off with the multiple holes air slot. Preferred all holes open. Gave me an airy MTL vape, great flavour, good throat hit and surprisingly cloudy. Vaped like that for about 4 hours. No gurgling, no leaking (not even moisture) and no juice in the drip tip.

Then tried the single holes. Settled on the largest hole, which I prefer to the multiple holes option as above. Slightly less airy MTL, less cloudy, more throat hit and the flavour is a bit sharper. Still vaping thus as we speak - no gurgling, leaking or drip tip moisture.

For me - winner, winner tank. MTL bliss.

Here it is on top of the leather bound Steam Engine.

xVAqRsS.jpg

As requested @Scouse45.

That is great to see @Andre !
Thanks for sharing your experience
Glad its working well for you and good to hear no driptip moisture

@Andre thanx for the feedback on the tank, you or @Silver had any problems so far with wicking or dry hits?

No problems with wicking or dry hits on my side @Shatter
Am using the 22mm 2ml version

I still have a bit more wetness than id like on my driptip though but hope to alleviate that further when i recoil next

Got my Siren 2 (24mm, 4/4.5ml) yesterday from Vapers' Corner. Dropped one of the 3mm ID spaced coils in the box onto the deck - coil tails at the bottom. Perfect fit, just needed tightening. Just a tad above 1.0 Ohms. Bottom of the coil is quite close to the air flow holes - about 1 to 1.5 mm. Wicked it medium tight with Cotton Bacon V2. Wick tails just touching the bottom of the atty. Juiced the wick, made sure it fitted nicely into the wick slots and no touching of the air flow box.

Filled the tank with Tarks Matador (12mg), a fusion NET juice, which I know well. Started off with the multiple holes air slot. Preferred all holes open. Gave me an airy MTL vape, great flavour, good throat hit and surprisingly cloudy. Vaped like that for about 4 hours. No gurgling, no leaking (not even moisture) and no juice in the drip tip.

Then tried the single holes. Settled on the largest hole, which I prefer to the multiple holes option as above. Slightly less airy MTL, less cloudy, more throat hit and the flavour is a bit sharper. Still vaping thus as we speak - no gurgling, leaking or drip tip moisture.

For me - winner, winner tank. MTL bliss.

Here it is on top of the leather bound Steam Engine.

xVAqRsS.jpg

As requested @Scouse45.
Thanks brother great run down!!

No problems with wicking or dry hits on my side @Shatter
Am using the 22mm 2ml version

I still have a bit more wetness than id like on my driptip though but hope to alleviate that further when i recoil next
I think @Andre has the right idea by placing the coil further down, closer to the air holes.

Digiflavor Siren 2 RTA

I decided to keep my 22mm 2ml version I got from Sir Vape and if I like it I will consider getting the 4.5ml version too.

I love my MTL vaping and still haven't found a good MTL RTA. My benchmark is my Reo/RM2 which is fabulous. The Kayfun V3 Mini came close but it gurgled a bit when the airflow was tight. That drove me nuts.

@Amir and @Rafique like it. So I decided to go for it.

So, I opened the box and rinsed it

Usual parts and bits and pieces.

5527a3e5eeb43b1f906e88927417c84c.jpg

Here is a close up of the deck. Allen key grubs.

ef9784c9b157c22e644a3f16d9ae65ac.jpg

Looks decent. I got the gunmetal grey colour. Drip tip seems comfy. This is a single coil atty. Unusual that the deck is higher in the tank. Maybe to be closer to the mouth for better flavour. We will find out.

26ae8fe75e4e0e728f56a1cdaf65917f.jpg

Damn, when I rinsed it I took out the base o ring. Now I can't find it. Must be somewhere. Will go look and then report back...
Good review @Silver how do you take such nice photos? I take mine with my tablet and they're not so great.

Absolutely loving the siren. Still using the supplied coil with the wicks combed out and just peeking out into the juice well ;)

Using some neon green slushie with airflow wide open. Nice restricted lung hit.
No gurgling, moisture or leaking

Good review @Silver how do you take such nice photos? I take mine with my tablet and they're not so great.

Thanks very much @kev mac

With regard to the photos - I am using my iPhone 5S - quite an old phone now - but it has a decent camera.

Two things that might help:
1) You need to have good light -
2) I find it helps to hold the camera further away and zoom in to the item to get a closer shot (instead of using no zoom and putting the camera too close to the subject) Give it a try.

An update on the Siren V2 - 22mm - 2ml version.

Been vaping on my current wick and coil setup for quite a while and I am happy.

Am on my 9th tank refill. So have put around 18ml of juice through this wick and coil so far.

Flavour is still good and no leaking whatsoever. Am quite chuffed. Been vaping tobacco juice. Mainly Havana Nightz by Joose-e-liqz.

I am vaping it at low wattage. About 12Watts. Tight MTL. Second smallest airhole. Am pleased at how well flavour is holding up.

Am getting far less condensation on the drip tip. Maybe the running in of the coil and wick helped.

745b350c3b8aeeb7a01950acf0c0cbec.jpg

Time to pitstop the Siren V2
I have put about 23ml through it (around 11 or 12 tankfuls)

Initially i got a lot of condensation on the driptip, then after about 5 tanks that subsided
In the last tank or two i can taste the flavour subsiding and i was getting a very slight gurgle.

My previous coil was 11 wraps spaced to try not get bridging with the wick on the air deck. But that coil was around 2 ohms. Now i am going to try fewer wraps and see what happens.

I suspect there may have been too much vaporisation happening on my last coil or maybe spluttering. And thats maybe what caused the wet drip tip.

Lets see what happens now...

Time to pitstop the Siren V2
I have put about 23ml through it (around 11 or 12 tankfuls)

Initially i got a lot of condensation on the driptip, then after about 5 tanks that subsided
In the last tank or two i can taste the flavour subsiding and i was getting a very slight gurgle.

My previous coil was 11 wraps spaced to try not get bridging with the wick on the air deck. But that coil was around 2 ohms. Now i am going to try fewer wraps and see what happens.

I suspect there may have been too much vaporisation happening on my last coil or maybe spluttering. And thats maybe what caused the wet drip tip.

Lets see what happens now...
Keep us posted there I’m still enjoying my siren and berserker actually hav a small Clapton in my siren and it’s doing nicely

Ok coil done.

Less wraps. 7 full wraps. Still 28g because I like it crisp. Kept it spaced so I could compare to previous spaced. Didn't want to change more variables.

Coil came out at 1.32 ohms. Fine. It's Kanthal by the way.

Height is about the same as my last coil. About 2mm above the deck.

1705fb9c61e016152013bdfad9edffa5.jpg

Looks okay

b3d5d6be6447fa672d7844ef01d2a024.jpg

Reasonable coverage of the deck to avoid bridging. I wonder what would happen with a contact coil. Will try that another time.

Wicking done.

Cotton Bacon V2

00bdf9778b3cec998f5c7dda1bffcc17.jpg

I tried to make sure the wick is not bridging on the deck. This is the one side. Looks ok. But with use it will probably sag. Let's see

5e86a20249dfe7ed3d550ce5e990411b.jpg

Now I need to fill up and Vape.

Juice is Havana Nightz from Joose-e-liqz

Hi @Silver, i would drop that coil about half way closer to the deck. I find on my Rose3's it makes a huge difference in flavour. Not trying to tell you how to build... just my experience. I know you are probably looking for more throat hit, but that should come from the juice and nic. Have a great weekend mate. Cheers.T

It's vaping very well.
Flavour is good.

Initial impression is that it's a slightly less rich vape. Probably because less vaporization is taking place with fewer coils. (7 vs 11).

I'm happy nonetheless. No issues.

Will vape it for a while and monitor how it performs over time.

Havana Nightz is super though. And this tank amazes me how quiet it is!

d498bef1df2a6a4c3129540423a673a6.jpg

Hi @Silver, i would drop that coil about half way closer to the deck. I find on my Rose3's it makes a huge difference in flavour. Not trying to tell you how to build... just my experience. I know you are probably looking for more throat hit, but that should come from the juice and nic. Have a great weekend mate. Cheers.T

Thanks @Tai
Yes i am looking for the throat hit but next time i rewick i will move the coil lower and see what happens
Thanks for the spot and the tip!

Have vaped the full tank on this latest build on the Siren2

It's all working beautifully but I am not too happy with the flavour. Feels a bit soft and muted. Not rich.

Will have to rewick and will first try lower the coil as @Tai recommended - then if that doesn't improve it I will be looking to make another coil.

Strangely my previous 11 wrap 2 ohm coil was better. Lol. (This one is a 7 wrap 1.3 ohm coil, also 28g spaced)

86448731cbc88978a47510792bab5c58.jpg

Muted flavour this side too need to find the optimum build for this tank. I tried spaced as well as old school micro coil. Muted flavour which is surprising. I am thinking this tank may benefit greatly from a clapton

Muted flavour this side too need to find the optimum build for this tank. I tried spaced as well as old school micro coil. Muted flavour which is surprising. I am thinking this tank may benefit greatly from a clapton

Thanks @eviltoy
Strangely, my previous coil was 11 wraps spaced - also 28g - but it was much better. Noticeably richer flavour. Am vaping on tight MTL with the second smallest airhole - at a mere 12 watts

It's vaping very well.
Flavour is good.

Initial impression is that it's a slightly less rich vape. Probably because less vaporization is taking place with fewer coils. (7 vs 11).

I'm happy nonetheless. No issues.

Will vape it for a while and monitor how it performs over time.

Havana Nightz is super though. And this tank amazes me how quiet it is!

d498bef1df2a6a4c3129540423a673a6.jpg

I went in to my local to get some CJ and they were out of stock, so based on your glowing comments on Havana Nightz I bought a bottle and you're spot on Hi Ho. Really good juice, nice throat hit and excellent vape. Thank you :)

I went in to my local to get some CJ and they were out of stock, so based on your glowing comments on Havana Nightz I bought a bottle and you're spot on Hi Ho. Really good juice, nice throat hit and excellent vape. Thank you :)

Ah thank you @picautomaton
Am glad my comments helped!
Havana Nightz is indeed a very special juice!! I need to get some more soon

Back