Smok Koopor Primus ohms too low

Sylvester Pillay

SylverTyger
LV

Awards
Hi
The evening before last, while vaping, my Primus gave me a 'ohms too low' error. I initially thought that it may be because the 510 thread adapter had come loose on the mod so I stripped it down yesterday and tightened this up (advice for anyone who has this same issue, this is sort of a crimp lock, turning it won't help, you need to use a punch and hammer to tap it back down into place - don't bother with the youtube video with the hippi that uses vice grips). Nevertheless, it did not help, I've tried re-flashing the firmware and am now out of ideas. I think there might be a hardware failure as it does not even detect that I've attached a tank (I've tried two, the Griffin and TFV8).
Any advice on a solution or where I can perhaps have it repaired would be appreciated. I don't have much hope for it but it is my favourite mod, hopefully there is something that can be done considering it is only about 7 months old.

Hi
The evening before last, while vaping, my Primus gave me a 'ohms too low' error. I initially thought that it may be because the 510 thread adapter had come loose on the mod so I stripped it down yesterday and tightened this up (advice for anyone who has this same issue, this is sort of a crimp lock, turning it won't help, you need to use a punch and hammer to tap it back down into place - don't bother with the youtube video with the hippi that uses vice grips). Nevertheless, it did not help, I've tried re-flashing the firmware and am now out of ideas. I think there might be a hardware failure as it does not even detect that I've attached a tank (I've tried two, the Griffin and TFV8).
Any advice on a solution or where I can perhaps have it repaired would be appreciated. I don't have much hope for it but it is my favourite mod, hopefully there is something that can be done considering it is only about 7 months old.
Welcome to forum @Sylvester Pillay .

I don't have any sort of technical know-how when it comes to assembling and disassembling mods, so hopefully someone else has some suggestions for you. I tend to bin any broken hardware straight off the bat, but in saying that I have had amazing luck with all my kit.

Hope you can find a solution to fix your baby!

Thanks for the response Stosta, it seems as though there is no immediate knowledge on this issue. Its a pity though, having to use this iJust 2 as a replacement for my Primus beast really sucks.

Back