So...how do you steep your miXes...???

So...how do you steep your miXes...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was under the impression that a crock pot or ultra sonic cleaner would reduce the steep time from 4 weeks to one day? If im wrong then what is the use for an Ultra sonic cleaner if it still needs to lay for 4 weeks?

Ok so then how do you guys make your batches if you can only vape them in a months time? 10x 30ml bottles at a time of different flavours? or is there a better way of doing it?

Ok so then how do you guys make your batches if you can only vape them in a months time? 10x 30ml bottles at a time of different flavours? or is there a better way of doing it?
@solantis ,We actually try to make enough and take the steep time in consideration. I currently have nearly 2.7 liters of different juice steeping, meaning I will only start mixing again end of Jan 2019. This includes my adv’s, about 7 of them in 200 ml batches, and an assortment of others in 30 and 50 ml bottles, some of them new to try out and others that I am mixing again as I liked it.

It takes a while to build up to this, so it’s not an immediate thing. There is also the option of mixing a couple of snv ‘s while giving the rest a steep. It is tough when you just start out but as you build up your reserves you end up with a lot of juice.

Currently vaping on a bottle of Obsidian that was mixed on 01/04/2018. It just takes a bit of patience.
A02B3130-2276-4FDA-AB2F-04D82FDEA7B1.jpeg

Hope that this answers some of your questions and gives you a better idea of how it is achieved.

I just make 250ml at a time for different ones.

Yup. 120ml this side. I always have 5 or 6 bottles in the cupboard steeping and I keep them in the order that I make them. That way I always have a 5 or 6 weeks steeped juice ready to go. I vape one juice at a time until it's done. I don't get vapor's tongue anymore.

for testing juices I saw a video by DIYorDIE where he tests recipes as SnV, and takes notes and test for upto 7 days to decide if its good or not.

Good old fashion way. Shake after initial mix. Leave in cupboard in dark cool place for min 2 weeks

Steeping depends on what you have mixed, or rather, what the recipe consists of. Some recipes taste perfect as soon as they are mixed and don't get much better as they age. Some recipes are good after 2 weeks but go south after 2 months. And there are some that you wanna put away for 6 to 12 months.

A typical example of a recipe that does not need to steep is Bronuts by Enyawreklaw.

I find that if you mix a recipe with heavy creams and custards, they need good steep time for sure. I'd leave them at least a month.

Some tobaccos also need good steep time, but if you use an NET, you should not need to wait long at all as they are effectively pre-steeped concentrates.

I will sometimes vape something I've just made, then try it again in a week, and then in two weeks and so it goes on.

As you become familiar with the flavours you use, so you will be able to get a better idea of when it reaches vape maturity.

I found this to be pretty good information when I started mixing. To take it further, you'd need to go and read up on thermodynamics.

Last edited:
@solantis ,We actually try to make enough and take the steep time in consideration. I currently have nearly 2.7 liters of different juice steeping, meaning I will only start mixing again end of Jan 2019. This includes my adv’s, about 7 of them in 200 ml batches, and an assortment of others in 30 and 50 ml bottles, some of them new to try out and others that I am mixing again as I liked it.

It takes a while to build up to this, so it’s not an immediate thing. There is also the option of mixing a couple of snv ‘s while giving the rest a steep. It is tough when you just start out but as you build up your reserves you end up with a lot of juice.

Currently vaping on a bottle of Obsidian that was mixed on 01/04/2018. It just takes a bit of patience.
View attachment 152393

Hope that this answers some of your questions and gives you a better idea of how it is achieved.
I have 400ml's of Obsidian steeping at the moment... is it as good as it smells?

I have 400ml's of Obsidian steeping at the moment... is it as good as it smells?
Imho I think it’s tastes better than it smells. I have a steeped one ready, that in my next rotation for adv, while Cardinal is steeping. That 400 mls is going to go faster than what you think:D

I'm blessed / cursed to only enjoy one flavour. I'll mix 500ml for 6 months and when I'm down to 100ml I'll mix up some more.

There truly is no replacement for just letting it sit.

I'm blessed / cursed to only enjoy one flavour. I'll mix 500ml for 6 months and when I'm down to 100ml I'll mix up some more.

There truly is no replacement for just letting it sit.

Which flavour is that @Spyro ?

Which flavour is that @Spyro ?

It's a blend,
Flavour mill blueberry,
Hangsen blueberry,
Hangsen Strawberry.

It's not that I don't enjoy other flavours. But it's the only flavour I haven't been able to get tired / sick of. Ever.

It's a blend,
Flavour mill blueberry,
Hangsen blueberry,
Hangsen Strawberry.

It's not that I don't enjoy other flavours. But it's the only flavour I haven't been able to get tired / sick of. Ever.

Well I dont think you are cursed. I actually consider it lucky. So much simpler!!!
Multiple juices and setups can get tiring to maintain at times.
PS - you clearly like blueberry then!

Well I dont think you are cursed. I actually consider it lucky. So much simpler!!!
Multiple juices and setups can get tiring to maintain at times.
PS - you clearly like blueberry then!
Huge fan of blueberry! It's definitely simpler, but every time I buy concentrates it's a huge gamble. So these days I stick to what I enjoy. I've come up up with a pretty killer creme soda too, but can't seem to vape it for weeks on end.

It's a blend,
Flavour mill blueberry,
Hangsen blueberry,
Hangsen Strawberry.

Sounds like a berry mix with great possibilities, @Spyro ,I haven’t found a fruit juice/berry blend that ticks all the boxes, but I’m especially careful of Blueberry, usually trying it only in bakeries. Any chance of a pm of the recipy, if you are willing to share, maybe I must give blueberry a try again, just to see if something has changed. Heck, I’m vaping tobacco now for heavens sakes, maybe a berry may fit in nicely in there somewhere,

Sounds like a berry mix with great possibilities, @Spyro ,I haven’t found a fruit juice/berry blend that ticks all the boxes, but I’m especially careful of Blueberry, usually trying it only in bakeries. Any chance of a pm of the recipy, if you are willing to share, maybe I must give blueberry a try again, just to see if something has changed. Heck, I’m vaping tobacco now for heavens sakes, maybe a berry may fit in nicely in there somewhere,

Absolutely! Just don't get a shock when you hear the percentages!

Back