So I got a new MTL tank

Marius Combrink

Vape Life!
LV

Awards
So @sideshowruki was kind enough to give me a tank that he got from a sale.
Its a Kayfun lite and this tank is rather huge I must say.
so I built it this morning and must say wow I am impressed. Huge flavour and huge throat hits even on 6mg juice. will try higher juice tonight.
Now my question is to all the MTL vapours
How do I know if this tank is authentic or a clone (not that it matters just curious)

Good to see you're enjoying it.
I had a similar experience with a Kayfun V4 last year. Was absolutely blown away by the flavour I got.

That's awesome. I've been meaning to try MTL for some time now, but I just have no idea where to even start.

I want MTL tank but now gone so used to DL i get lost trying MTL on my old devices lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think @Silver might enjoy this tank if he doesn't already have a similar one
Its an old tank but surely is Gold IMO

Thanks for thinking of me @Marius Combrink
Its such a pity because my Kayfun experiences were tarnished by a bad clone many moons ago
Perhaps it was also a bit of my inexperience but it leaked quite badly. I remember going to a vape meet at Alibi in about the beginning of 2014 and on the way home, that tank leaked on the seat of my car.

The real pity is that subsequent to that experience i never got back into the kayfun tanks. It put me off.

Now that I have had about a year of great service from the Lemo1 I am interested in getting a good clone or even an authentic just to see how it goes...

Glad you enjoying

Hope I can get my hands on a Kayfun 5, authentic is like R2000 plus minus so hoping for a good clone.

Thanks for thinking of me @Marius Combrink
Its such a pity because my Kayfun experiences were tarnished by a bad clone many moons ago
Perhaps it was also a bit of my inexperience but it leaked quite badly. I remember going to a vape meet at Alibi in about the beginning of 2014 and on the way home, that tank leaked on the seat of my car.

The real pity is that subsequent to that experience i never got back into the kayfun tanks. It put me off.

Now that I have had about a year of great service from the Lemo1 I am interested in getting a good clone or even an authentic just to see how it goes...

Glad you enjoying
Wow ya that is bad luck. Must say this is a rather tricky tank. I have used it a bit now but dont think its right yet. Think i should use silica instead of cotto . My idea is to get a similar throat hit as the little evod but currently its not there. Hopefully i can get it right.

How do you build and wick the lemo if i may ask (you do use the lemo mtl right?)

Wow ya that is bad luck. Must say this is a rather tricky tank. I have used it a bit now but dont think its right yet. Think i should use silica instead of cotto . My idea is to get a similar throat hit as the little evod but currently its not there. Hopefully i can get it right.

How do you build and wick the lemo if i may ask (you do use the lemo mtl right?)

@Marius Combrink

I do it with what some call the "drape" method. Basically just splay the cotton/rayon and cut so it just touches the deck. And make sure its not covering the juice channels when the chimney is on. Has worked very well for me.

Not MTL, but rather resticted lung hit. The Lemo1 I keep wide open and at that setting its a restricted lung hit.

For wicking the Kayfun it should be similar, but dont take my word for it. Perhaps @andro can post one of his wicking photos? I have never tried silica on the Lemo1. Rayon doing great for me on the fruity menthols

@Marius Combrink

I do it with what some call the "drape" method. Basically just splay the cotton/rayon and cut so it just touches the deck. And make sure its not covering the juice channels when the chimney is on. Has worked very well for me.

Not MTL, but rather resticted lung hit. The Lemo1 I keep wide open and at that setting its a restricted lung hit.

For wicking the Kayfun it should be similar, but dont take my word for it. Perhaps @andro can post one of his wicking photos? I have never tried silica on the Lemo1. Rayon doing great for me on the fruity menthols
Which one u want to see ? I meant which kayfun because all are a bit different . I still use silica or jap cotton

Which one u want to see ? I meant which kayfun because all are a bit different . I still use silica or jap cotton

Thanks @andro - i am thinking for the benefit of @Marius Combrink
He says its a Kayfun Lite - but i think you said its a 3.1 ?

@Marius Combrink this is the way i do it and in no way is the only one or the rigth one . is no dry hit ever and flavour is perfect . a little reminder this thanks work best at max 20 w and this coil here is good around 15 w.
IMG_0806.jpg
here is the kay lite on the left and the 3.1 on the rigth . look really different but the chimney and the deck inside is exactly the same
IMG_0807.jpg
same size.
IMG_0808.jpg
im using the lite just because was the first one i took apart but .
28 g kanthal 2.5 mm id 7 wraps come to 1.3 ohm
make sure to leave 2 mm between the deck and the coil and twisted on a side not straigth ( wick better )
like the photo below
IMG_0809.jpg
cotton like 2.5 mm wide
IMG_0810.jpg
pull it up and put half chimney in . dont wet it and cut etc etc etc . will do tht later
IMG_0811.jpg
cut few mm above the chimney
IMG_0812.jpg
now just gently put it into the chimney and after put some juice fill and use it .
IMG_0814.jpg
i dont like to position it before and juice it etc because u can close the feeding slot if u do that .
hope this helped

@Marius Combrink this is the way i do it and in no way is the only one or the rigth one . is no dry hit ever and flavour is perfect . a little reminder this thanks work best at max 20 w and this coil here is good around 15 w.
View attachment 55330
here is the kay lite on the left and the 3.1 on the rigth . look really different but the chimney and the deck inside is exactly the same
View attachment 55331
same size.
View attachment 55332
im using the lite just because was the first one i took apart but .
28 g kanthal 2.5 mm id 7 wraps come to 1.3 ohm
make sure to leave 2 mm between the deck and the coil and twisted on a side not straigth ( wick better )
like the photo below
View attachment 55333
cotton like 2.5 mm wide
View attachment 55334
pull it up and put half chimney in . dont wet it and cut etc etc etc . will do tht later
View attachment 55335
cut few mm above the chimney
View attachment 55336
now just gently put it into the chimney and after put some juice fill and use it .
View attachment 55337
i dont like to position it before and juice it etc because u can close the feeding slot if u do that .
hope this helped
Epic thanks meneer . Will try this

Wow, talk about a trip down memory lane.:)

@andro

Thats a great tutorial - thanks!
I am now wondering if I should tilt the coil at an angle in my Lemo1 instead of making it straight
You have me thinking

Boy, id love to get an authentic Kayfun now!!

Back