Calling the MTL guru's

DougP

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
I have found the style of vape that ticks all my boxes.

70/30 freebase 6mg juice
Vaporesso XROS mini (old version)
0.8 ohm pod.
This setup gives a tight MTL draw with low wattage and tons of flavor.
The only problem I have with this setup is that I fly through replacement pods which is becoming pricey.

My question to the MTL experts is:
What rebuildable RTA would be able to replicate this setup and what coil build.

Sent from my CPH2357 using Tapatalk

I have found the style of vape that ticks all my boxes.

70/30 freebase 6mg juice
Vaporesso XROS mini (old version)
0.8 ohm pod.
This setup gives a tight MTL draw with low wattage and tons of flavor.
The only problem I have with this setup is that I fly through replacement pods which is becoming pricey.

My question to the MTL experts is:
What rebuildable RTA would be able to replicate this setup and what coil build.

Hi Doug,
I moved from a Smok Podmod to an MD, and now I vacillate between a Vertex and MD with a 5wrap 2.5mm 28G SS coil @ typically between 5 to 8 watts dependant on the juice ... the only downside is daily rewicks, but you already know the cotton secret ;)

Hi Doug,
I moved from a Smok Podmod to an MD, and now I vacillate between a Vertex and MD with a 5wrap 2.5mm 28G SS coil @ typically between 5 to 8 watts dependant on the juice ... the only downside is daily rewicks, but you already know the cotton secret ;)
Excuse my ignorance but what is a MD and who sells them

Excuse my ignorance but what is a MD and who sells them

Hi Doug, the MD is the Vertex's predecessor, and a quick Google search reveals;

Other options:

Expromizer V4 (will most likely only find second hand)

Thunderhead Creations Tauren, Tauren V2 or Elite MTL RTA

DotMod DotMTL RTA, bit tricky on dialing in the airflow as you need to remove the deck to fine-tune

All solid MTL deliveries and I ran all with higher VG juice and lower nic for a long time. So they will all suite your needs.

Other options:

DotMod DotMTL RTA, bit tricky on dialing in the airflow as you need to remove the deck to fine-tune

All solid MTL deliveries and I ran all with higher VG juice and lower nic for a long time. So they will all suite your needs.
Thank you

Anybody tried the GTX rebuildable coil
c73c7d0377366b24cb2121b446606291.jpg

Other options:

Anybody tried the GTX rebuildable coil
c73c7d0377366b24cb2121b446606291.jpg

It is a Pain In The Rear... tiny deck, getting the cotton right and flavor lacking... good idea, but the SMRT coils are way better.

The Tauren V2 is definitely an improvement over the original so it rules the original out for me but Tauren V2 and Elite MTL RTA versions are a good shout as is the Expro V4. If you don't mind and have access to clones then Holy Atty's Mea Culpa is the bees knees. The Pioneer when purring will also meet your needs but the wicking is too temperamental for me to recommend. The Steam Crave Mini doesn't give many draw options but is a true MTL RTA so gives the tight draw options you are after unlike the MD which is a really nice RTA but for more open MTL and RDL draws.

As for coil build I find simple round wire works best for MTL if wrapping myself (possibly because it's about my limit of capability) using Kanthal 6 wraps at 2.5ID will get you pretty close to 0.8ohm, personally although I do the previous build so can vouch for it I like using Replay so go for a 0.4ohm build (it's surprising that this works well for MTL, the days of 1.4ohm MTL builds are not the trend) with SS wire as a 0.8 build would be too many wraps especially as a touch of spacing gives best flavour, again if wanting to use Ni80 wire then 6 wraps 2.5id will give you almost 0.6ohm.

@charln would be the best person to discuss your coil build as he has real expertise, my information is simply what works for me, not sure if he still gets on the forum maybe @Rob Fisher could hook you up, @charln knows his stuff!

Hey @DougP

MTL for the win

I am using the Rose MTL, Expromiser V4 and the Arbiter Solo MTL
All three are outstanding for my tobacco MTL vaping
I use the Vandyvape superfine MTL wire (NI80, the one in a spool). I make about 6/7 wraps around 2.5mm ID and coil comes out at about 0.8 ohms
Cotton Bacon CB2 wick
Vaping at about 20-25 Watts on these tanks.

I am vaping my tobacco blend juices. Basically its diluted down Havana Nightz or my other blend. Added nic (freebase) and menthol.
About 12mg or thereabouts.

Just glorious
Deep rich flavour
Strong throat hit
Tight draw

Got them dialled in well

PS, @DougP , I don't know if the above will replicate your pod vape, but if you need some ideas, you can try it out and see.
I think you might like it !

Hey @DougP

MTL for the win

I use the Vandyvape superfine MTL wire (NI80, the one in a spool). I make about 6/7 wraps around 2.5mm ID and coil comes out at about 0.8 ohms
Cotton Bacon CB2 wick

I am vaping my tobacco blend juices. Basically its diluted down Havana Nightz or my other blend. Added nic (freebase) and menthol.

Just glorious
Deep rich flavour
Strong throat hit
Tight draw

Got them dialled in well
I can't get the Rose anywhere been on my want list for about 3 years!

Another option is go the Boro route! So many Boro devices to suit different budgets! A Boro RBA I would recommend for MTL is the Vision by Umbrella mods, Zero leaking or condensation as a nice bonus!

Hey @DougP

MTL for the win

Cotton Bacon CB2 wick

Just glorious
Deep rich flavour
Strong throat hit
Tight draw

Got them dialled in well
Thanks for that Silver

I've been using the KFL 2019 since the day they released it until now. Haven't even thought of changing. I'm with @Timwis on the 6/7 wraps 26g Kanthal at 0.7ohm-ish and 12mg freebase. My wife is using the Ether RTA and its really close to the Kayfun Lite 2019 in terms of flavour, however the build and wicking is much more easy. The only change I've made in the past 4 years is adding in the upgraded airflow pin thing.

I've been using the KFL 2019 since the day they released it until now. Haven't even thought of changing. I'm with @Timwis on the 6/7 wraps 26g Kanthal at 0.7ohm-ish and 12mg freebase. My wife is using the Ether RTA and its really close to the Kayfun Lite 2019 in terms of flavour, however the build and wicking is much more easy. The only change I've made in the past 4 years is adding in the upgraded airflow pin thing.

Kayfuns rock @Amir
I am also using the Kayfun V3 Mini
Beautiful little tank with lovely flavour. Only issue is it empties too fast ;-)

PS - @DougP , I'm getting great flavour on the Arbiter Solo MTL - and what I like is its perfect for out and about or carrying in a backpack - no leaking whatsoever. Not even a drop. Because of the top airflow. It's a real winner for me on the tobaccoes.

Kayfuns rock @Amir
I am also using the Kayfun V3 Mini
Beautiful little tank with lovely flavour. Only issue is it empties too fast ;-)

PS - @DougP , I'm getting great flavour on the Arbiter Solo MTL - and what I like is its perfect for out and about or carrying in a backpack - no leaking whatsoever. Not even a drop. Because of the top airflow. It's a real winner for me on the tobaccoes.
I had a arbiter solo and batted to get decent flavour

I see nobody mentions the Innokin Ares 2.
Am I the only one that thinks it's not to bad?
I don't have a lot of MTL experience though.

I see nobody mentions the Innokin Ares 2.
Am I the only one that thinks it's not to bad?
I don't have a lot of MTL experience though.
Everything is super personal when it comes to vaping so it might be lekker to you but kak to me. thats what makes asking for advice so difficult!

No one has mentioned the requiem rta and I am rather enjoying it in mtl mode today. Only day one so far but we shall see how it goes.

Everything is super personal when it comes to vaping so it might be lekker to you but kak to me. thats what makes asking for advice so difficult!

No one has mentioned the requiem rta and I am rather enjoying it in mtl mode today. Only day one so far but we shall see how it goes.
Not tried the Requiem but usually jack of all trades tanks I wouldn't say masters none but certainly don't master all, just looking at deck, airflow and overall design I suspect this rocks with RDL draws but would struggle as a top notch MTL tank!

Back