So the Fake Juice Situation...

What he said. PG is better - I have nic in VG and it's such a mission. PG is much easier and also the medium is much thinner than VG. Good Gods, I will never buy nic in VG again.
VG Nic Suuuucks!! Im stil sitting with more than half a bottle of VG Nic...

[QUOTE="CharlieSierra, post: 679171, member: 10464"

I think @KZOR visited a juice manufacturer (video on YouTube) and he showed us what they call a "clean room".
These clean rooms have to have certain requirements to keep the juices as clean as possible. And from what I've heard these clean rooms are expensive.
[/QUOTE]

@CharlieSierra What is KAZOR's Youtube channel called? I would very much like to see that video.

[QUOTE="CharlieSierra, post: 679171, member: 10464"

I think @KZOR visited a juice manufacturer (video on YouTube) and he showed us what they call a "clean room".
These clean rooms have to have certain requirements to keep the juices as clean as possible. And from what I've heard these clean rooms are expensive.

@CharlieSierra What is KAZOR's Youtube channel called? I would very much like to see that video.[/QUOTE]
I think it's this one...

Very true. But most juice manufacturers don't use clean rooms anymore, they use labs - usually certified labs. The fakes (don't call them clones, clones are what we call the legitimate DIY recreations of commercial juices) are obviously not made in a lab. Most likely in the back of a car repair shop for all we know. Stay away from that shit.
I am not trying to side with these fake juices, but I don't think they are made in the back of a car, they are mass produced. Though the quality of ingredients is questionable, they are following the principal of more sales but less profit margin. The market is flooded with these clones and it's like a parallel market to commercial juices. These are made in china so they have the advantage of cheap labour.

ha ha, for us PG sensitive peeps, VG nic is king !

@vicTor First off, PG based nicotine is much easier to work with than PG based nicotine because it's is thinner. Secondly, I mainly mix for myself but I will give some to a few close friends from time to time. So far nobody has died from heart failure. I wonder what a brandy based nic will be like.... That might be interesting. No need to add any other ingredients :)

I totally agree with that, and I think the problem is for me now, even though it tastes great, I dont know what the long term damage might be, its kind of a gamble.

Only thing for me is now, its easy to acquire as I said, I have no issue to buy real juice from reputable shops but everyone will charge me with a courier cost.

Do you know of any shops where couriers will charge at least less than 100 bucks?

I am more than willing to support the local juice guys and they are affordable but the whole courier thing for two 30ml or whatever bottles makes me cringe a bit, call me greedy but it feels like a moerse schlep and waste of money.
Drip Society offers free shipping on orders over R550 and their delivery fee for orders below R550 is under R60

But I agree with the rest of the members. DIY is the better route to go in the long run. The initial cost may seem high but it gets much cheaper. Occasionally you will also benefit from the sales that DIY vendors have.

But I agree with the rest of the members. DIY is the better route to go in the long run. The initial cost may seem high but it gets much cheaper. Occasionally you will also benefit from the sales that DIY vendors have.
No doubt I agree with ur point, but so far I have spent close to 1500 on DIY nearly 15 mixes, but not one that I like. I still tend to go back towards nasty juice devils teeth(i confess, yes the clone one) i understand where @Naubrey is coming from. no DIY that I made till now satisfies me to say that yes this is what I will vape for the rest of my life. I am waiting for the vape meet so that I can try few samples from other DIYers

No doubt I agree with ur point, but so far I have spent close to 1500 on DIY nearly 15 mixes, but not one that I like. I still tend to go back towards nasty juice devils teeth(i confess, yes the clone one) i understand where @Naubrey is coming from. no DIY that I made till now satisfies me to say that yes this is what I will vape for the rest of my life. I am waiting for the vape meet so that I can try few samples from other DIYers
Check out DIY Or Die or even try out One Shot concentrates by Enyawreklaw. I totally understand what you mean but there are some excellent recipes out in the wild. You just have to find them. When I started, the recipes that i like was Gush Clone, Flawless Aftermath clone. Now there are some great stuff like DIY Or Die's RY4 and many other Liquids. Also check out recipes released by vendors such as Bombies Deputy. You have to experiment with recipes that are highly rated from excellent mixers to find what you like. Also look at the concentrates used to know roughly how it would taste and whether that's what you want to vape.

@vicTor First off, PG based nicotine is much easier to work with than PG based nicotine because it's is thinner. Secondly, I mainly mix for myself but I will give some to a few close friends from time to time. So far nobody has died from heart failure. I wonder what a brandy based nic will be like.... That might be interesting. No need to add any other ingredients :)

Heck yeah bring it on. Lol

@Naubrey

Firstly, there is a vape juice manufacturer in Upington. They are Rebel Revolution Vape @BaD Mountain and they are, in fact, a supporting vendor on this forum. I see that's about 2.5 hours from where you are, but perhaps if you happen to be in Upington. If not, Rebel Revolution will deliver to you without a problem. I ordered some juice from them and it was delivered to me in an outlying area in the Western Cape.

Here is more info for you:

Kobus Visagie aka BaD Mountain
Rebel Revolution Vape
062 514 4108
kobusv@revolutionvape.co.za
www.revolutionvape.co.za

I'd suggest that you PM BaD Mountain here on the forum (if you don't know how to do that tell me and I'll explain) - or he can PM you. Forum rules do not permit him to reply in this thread.

Here's their forum link https://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/rebel-revolution-vape/ where they are allowed to reply to any questions.

I don't have any vape shops nearby either, so I order most of my juice online, from Gauteng area, Tzaneen, Durban - and Upington!

Vendors offer free shipping if your order is above a certain amount - but it's usually quite a high amount. If your order is below their minimum, you have to pay for shipping, but their shipping charges are clearly stated in their shipping policies on their websites. The shipping charge is added to your bill and included in your payment to them, so there are no nasty surprises.

There is one vendor who does not charge delivery fees, irrespective of how little you buy, and that is Vaper's Corner.

ALL the vendors deliver vape stuff, be it mods, juice, coils etc. so the fact that you're out in the bundus makes absolutely no difference.

If you want to know who our supporting vendors are, scroll down on the home page of this forum to Local Supporting Vendors. Then go to their websites and have a look at all the juice and shipping policy. On some websites it's difficult to find the shipping policy, but a quick way to do that is to Google the name of the vendor and "shipping policy".

Example:
Let's say the vendor's name is The Vape Guy (there really IS a vendor called of this name and I often buy from him.)
You would Google the following: The Vape Guy shipping policy

Hope this info is helpful to you and feel free to ask further questions! :)

I agree 100% with that statement. When I bought my first DIY ingredients, I made the mistake of buying the VG based nicotine. It is hell to mix with. I don't think I have done a mix where I haven't gone over with the nicotine. Fortunately for me that few mg extra doesn't kill my mixes. I usually mix in 250ml batches, so the extra few mg doesn't have that big an effect on the mix.
Yup. That, and it's hotspot central. And if you put it in an HDPE bottle with a dropper tip for easier dispensing, it's harder to shake. And it separates pretty quickly. And and and :p

I am not trying to side with these fake juices, but I don't think they are made in the back of a car, they are mass produced. Though the quality of ingredients is questionable, they are following the principal of more sales but less profit margin. The market is flooded with these clones and it's like a parallel market to commercial juices. These are made in china so they have the advantage of cheap labour.
Granted, I was maybe exaggerating a bit for effect. But even mass-produced juices aiming to be produced on the cheap can have some really dodgy crap going into it. Maybe some (even most) don't, but yknow. Besides, mass-produced does not mean clean. Yes, nicotine is a pretty good antimicrobial agent, but still.

Granted, I was maybe exaggerating a bit for effect. But even mass-produced juices aiming to be produced on the cheap can have some really dodgy crap going into it. Maybe some (even most) don't, but yknow. Besides, mass-produced does not mean clean. Yes, nicotine is a pretty good antimicrobial agent, but still.
I think they produce it in doggy sweat shops :p

Speaking of fake juice, I've been told by someone in the industry that our government has forbidden imports of any juice from China, due to fake products and the possible health danger if dangerous substances have been used in the making of the juice.

I don't think it's fair to slate a juice just because it wasn't made in a clean-room or lab. No DIYer has a clean-room.

I don't think it's fair to slate a juice just because it wasn't made in a clean-room or lab. No DIYer has a clean-room.
No DIY'er is marketing it as a commercial juice.

I make my own juice. In a clean room? No. But would I sell it to others? Hell no. If they get salmonella or listeria or cornucopia or whatever the hell from it, then that'd be on me :p

@Hooked True but they run a business and its in the health sector so they should, to keep standards and customers safer.

I have a few Restaurant customers and trust me when i say i would support some and never eat at others.

Anything that your body takes in should he handled with the most care and cleanliness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start with THIS calculator (comes with a bunch of recipes off the bat)

Then check out THIS or THIS or THIS or THIS or THIS for loads of recipes. There are a bunch more, I just grabbed the familiar ones I've used before.

uyKgrYk.gif

No DIY'er is marketing it as a commercial juice.

I make my own juice. In a clean room? No. But would I sell it to others? Hell no. If they get salmonella or listeria or cornucopia or whatever the hell from it, then that'd be on me :p

Agree, but someone who is registered as a vendor on the forum makes his own juice and sells it - I'm referring to @KZOR.

Speaking of clean-rooms, I'd been vaping for about a week when I met the owner and mixologist of a juice line. He makes the juice at home, but he made sure to tell me that he has a clean room. I assumed that he meant that that room in his house was clean, but not the others. Only later in the conversation did I realise that wasn't what he meant and he then explained what a clean-room is.

Hyphens are important:
Clean-room means a proper mixing room, meeting health standards re air purity, stainless steel counters etc. etc.
Clean room simply means a room that is clean!

Back