So The Road Begins

@kimbo
A little sad to hear that you wont be going to Paris for the convention.
Still glad to hear that you are doing well with your condition.

As for less cotton... yup, with cotton, because of how it swells up when wet, using less is often better (up to a point).

Gees almost 6500 views on this thread, thank you for all the interest :)

I want to give you all an update what is going on at the moment.

Well 1st Looks likes it is not in the stars for me to go to Paris, i tried every angle but it just does not seem to work. It would have been grate but there will be a next time.

2. It is just over 2 months now that i am completely free of the pipe and i feel awesome, I dont know if is to do with the PG or VG but wile smoking the pipe there was every now and then that i did get ulcers in my mouth, not very bad. Wile vaping there is just no sign of any sores and i really feel good. Me, my body and my mouth will be forever in your dept.

3. Last night i was wicking my iGo and i decided just to use a small piece of wick, cotton. But just big enough so that the coil is filled and there is a piece i can tug under the coil. So the one side of the deck is clear and just a small wick at the coil, and what a difference it made on taste. I cannot put it down, my mAN is looking at me like WTF

4. I am getting ready for the meet and really look fwd to it. :D
Sorry to hear about Paris, but very good to hear about the mouth ulcers - I can only imagine the relief for you. And thank you for the great value you have added to this forum since joining!

@WHeunis

This is what my iGo looks like at the moment

20140825_211216.jpg

After about three months on this road i would like to report what is going on in my life at the moment.

Health wise it cant be better. I don't know about the ulcers, my lungs are open i smell stuff i never smelled, coffee tastes better well everything just tastes better.

I started my second batch NET yesterday and i must say the first batch is far better than i thought it would turn out, my ADV is my NET i am just trying to get the flavour strength right but it is very close to what i want.

For those of you that wondered about the group buy let me explain:
After some thought i came up with an idea to repay the forum for what you ppl have done for me. I have all the time in the world so i sit here in front of my pc maybe 12 hours a day. With all this time i can source the best price and quality of products. I have some money left of some stuff i sold so i buy a product that i think the ppl will like, do a review and start a group buy. I am not doing this for profit, i saw that the world is more than a bank balance, so this is what i am trying to do for the forum. I hope i am not stepping on toes with the vendors, or if the mods have a problem with this please tell me so i can stop.

I am a confessed vape junky so i don't mind getting some new toy to play with and in the proses get the same product for ppl at a very good price

After about three months on this road i would like to report what is going on in my life at the moment.

Health wise it cant be better. I don't know about the ulcers, my lungs are open i smell stuff i never smelled, coffee tastes better well everything just tastes better.

I started my second batch NET yesterday and i must say the first batch is far better than i thought it would turn out, my ADV is my NET i am just trying to get the flavour strength right but it is very close to what i want.

For those of you that wondered about the group buy let me explain:
After some thought i came up with an idea to repay the forum for what you ppl have done for me. I have all the time in the world so i sit here in front of my pc maybe 12 hours a day. With all this time i can source the best price and quality of products. I have some money left of some stuff i sold so i buy a product that i think the ppl will like, do a review and start a group buy. I am not doing this for profit, i saw that the world is more than a bank balance, so this is what i am trying to do for the forum. I hope i am not stepping on toes with the vendors, or if the mods have a problem with this please tell me so i can stop.

I am a confessed vape junky so i don't mind getting some new toy to play with and in the proses get the same product for ppl at a very good price
No problems, that is why we have a Group Buy section. As long as the rules are adhered to, you are good to go. Thank you for your efforts on behalf of us vapers.

Hi

I am posting in this thread for two reasons

One: For the new vapers that joined to see what makes this forum so great. The selfless, open heartedness of the people. People that became my friends and stood by me, walked this road with me with help and advice. For you I will always be thankful. If you feel like it go through the thread and have a look at my journey.

Two: Today is my 1 year stinkey free anniversary. In this year I was given back (to an extent) my health that was deteriorating due to smoking, I got PIF’ed my first gear and for weeks afterwards stuff would just arrive here, to this day whenever the courier stop here the dogs greet him like a long lost friend.

From taking that first toot I just knew that this was the road for me, it was also scary because I need the nicotine a bit more than most other ppl. See the illness I have, Behcets syndrome, cause hectic ulcers in my mouth, and the nicotine in my mouth helps for that. I tried to stop smoking but after a few days I can hardly eat due to the sores in my mouth. With the normal Tabaco smoke the ulcers use to happen every two months or so but it was better than having it there all the time, but with the vaping I have not seen a ulcer in the last year, I cannot tell you how it feels to find an alternative that is healthier and work so much better for the ulcers. I presume it is because of the PG in the vapour. Again, Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Then the 11 November happened. The day Alexandra came into my life, the day I opened the little box and I see the Reo with the paper the reads “RMG with love and admiration”. What a day that was. Even while typing this I fill up with emotion, again the selfless of this group of ppl astounds me.

To the ppl that had a hand in helping me onto this road. To see the doctor smile when you go for your check-up and you tell her you stopped smoking, when you are able to enjoy a meal without the excruciating pain of the ulcers, to smell the cookies your mom is baking or the rise she is burning. I salute you, you will never know how thankful I am, and this truly is a gift that keeps on giving and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Awesome @kimbo, and we all are so privileged to have you as a longstanding member on this great forum.

Hi

I am posting in this thread for two reasons

One: For the new vapers that joined to see what makes this forum so great. The selfless, open heartedness of the people. People that became my friends and stood by me, walked this road with me with help and advice. For you I will always be thankful. If you feel like it go through the thread and have a look at my journey.

Two: Today is my 1 year stinkey free anniversary. In this year I was given back (to an extent) my health that was deteriorating due to smoking, I got PIF’ed my first gear and for weeks afterwards stuff would just arrive here, to this day whenever the courier stop here the dogs greet him like a long lost friend.

From taking that first toot I just knew that this was the road for me, it was also scary because I need the nicotine a bit more than most other ppl. See the illness I have, Behcets syndrome, cause hectic ulcers in my mouth, and the nicotine in my mouth helps for that. I tried to stop smoking but after a few days I can hardly eat due to the sores in my mouth. With the normal Tabaco smoke the ulcers use to happen every two months or so but it was better than having it there all the time, but with the vaping I have not seen a ulcer in the last year, I cannot tell you how it feels to find an alternative that is healthier and work so much better for the ulcers. I presume it is because of the PG in the vapour. Again, Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Then the 11 November happened. The day Alexandra came into my life, the day I opened the little box and I see the Reo with the paper the reads “RMG with love and admiration”. What a day that was. Even while typing this I fill up with emotion, again the selfless of this group of ppl astounds me.

To the ppl that had a hand in helping me onto this road. To see the doctor smile when you go for your check-up and you tell her you stopped smoking, when you are able to enjoy a meal without the excruciating pain of the ulcers, to smell the cookies your mom is baking or the rise she is burning. I salute you, you will never know how thankful I am, and this truly is a gift that keeps on giving and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Your story amazes me every time I think of it, and how vaping has had such a positive impact on your life by getting you out of the smoking prison and treating your condition at the same time, simply amazing!

oh and, I can totally relate to the wonderful aroma of burning rice... too funny :giggle:

Marvellous writeup @kimbo

Congrats on the 1 year again!
I am so happy that vaping has worked for you - not just to get you off the stinkies - but as @BumbleBee pointed out - that it has helped you with your condition. Double win of note!

But just as important, you are a true gentleman and its wonderful to have you on the forum and on this great journey!

Onward and upward

Cheers to no ulcers !!

Wow, just found this thread today. I am impressed with the generosity and compassion some of the people on this forum has. Great going @kimbo

On a side not, I found this comment by @Metal Liz very interesting

also if you go to the creative flavours website and send them an email, they will send you 10 samples of your choice for free, with free postages too, so that way you get even more choices on your flavour concentrates ;) with no need to spend extra money - and as denizenx said above Skyblue's kit is very decent and VERY affordable :rock:

Has anyone tried these flavors? Are they safe to vape?

Wow, just found this thread today. I am impressed with the generosity and compassion some of the people on this forum has. Great going @kimbo

On a side not, I found this comment by @Metal Liz very interesting

Has anyone tried these flavors? Are they safe to vape?
Thank you @Viper_SA

I used them, they are save (as far as the rep goes) it not the greatest but it can be ok for a start

Thank you @Viper_SA

I used them, they are save (as far as the rep goes) it not the greatest but it can be ok for a start

Thanks @kimbo I thought I could maybe supplement my TFA stash with some new flavors, but seeing your reply I think I might be better off sticking to TFA ;)

Hi @Viper_SA

Around that time of Metal liz's post, several folk got samples from Creative Flavours. I never heard anyone talking about them after that, so my assumption is that they werent all that good. Just speculation though.

Back