So The Road Begins

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
for the grammar nazi's i am afrikaans so eat your heart out :p

For the people that did not look at the link in my sig, i am diagnosed with Behcets syndrome. It is a auto immune disease buy what is weird about it is, the nicotine in the cigarette, in my case pipe, mix with the spit in your mouth and so keep the ulcers at bay in my mouth. the jury is still out on this but i can tell you is i stop smoking for more than two day's i can hardly eat due to all the sores in my mouth.

I tried the cigarette look-a-like but that did not work. I presume between the struggling to cartage filling, too little nicotine was getting were it was suppose to.

So being home alone i stumbled on a youtube vid about a guy blowing clouds of vapour and after some more research i saw that the humble e-sig became a portable cloud making machine . I had to try
:)

So i killed the piggy bank and and ordered an eGo Twist from ebay, now i am just saving to get a tank, but being on a disability grant the budget is very low and saving might take a wile

Then the juice .. I have no idea where to start. No one is giving out samples so that a potential customer can try, get hooked and buy again and again :inlove:??

I thought of RY4 or cigar or something in that line, but the fruit flavors looks very nice. Also the coffee toffee caramel lol i want to try so many.

Again being on a grant does not allow testing and going to meets is kinda out for me, apart that i am in the middle of the freestate i am in a wheelchair, so yea kinda screwed lol

If someone can give me some advice, or know where i can get some samples please help me.

Thank you

hi @kimbo and welcome to the forum!

you have already made great progress on kicking the stinkies so well done on that.

you are already on the path to a healthier life.

you have come to right place for support and questions,

as for free samples, im not sure which of the vendors do that, if any, but im sure one of them will respond to your thread in due course.

please check out this thread regarding e liquid reviews. this will definitely help you make your mind up on which juices to buy.

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/e-liquid-reviews/

Hi there kimbo, so sorry to hear about all your troubles and hats off for wanting to give vaping a go rather!!! For trying out some of the different flavours out there, add your name here to receive a tastebox :)
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/taste-box-recipients.861/
but seeing that it takes a while to get down the list, please pm me your details and i'll send you a spare tank to use so long till you can buy one and also i'll pop some of my juices in there for you ;-) anything to help a fellow vaper out :rock:

BIG Thanks Liz *hugz and stuff*

I did add my name to the list

Ok the newbi in my shouting again .. How do i PM with this forum software

BTW i see you joined on my birthday 8--)

hahaha no worries, i'll PM you quick and then you can just reply, but for future reference you can click on inbox at the top and start a new conversation, otherwise click on the person's profile who you want to PM and then just click start a conversation there :)

@kimbo, have read up a bit on that syndrome. Not good at all. Does, however, look as if nicotine therapy could be helpful. Is at least better than cigarettes and if it works, great. Looking forward to your vaping journey.

@kimbo, have read up a bit on that syndrome. Not good at all. Does, however, look as if nicotine therapy could be helpful. Is at least better than cigarettes and if it works, great. Looking forward to your vaping journey.

Thank you :) I will try to keep this tread updated and if this work for the ulcers i will post on my website and maybe get some more converts

We are only like 8 or so with Behcets in South Africa but i know something like this will make a difference

Welcome @kimbo, I hope you will soon consider this site to be your second home!

If I think about the potential harm that can occur from the 499 harmful chemicals in regular tobacco I would think many of those would not be beneficial to your immune system. If it is possible that you still get the health benefit from the nicotine without the negative aspects of those other chemicals from vaping then that has got to be a real win.

Anyway, I will be watching your progression down this path with much anticipation. Also great we have another person in the Free State. If I recall correctly that means there are now 3 vapers there that I know of.

Oh, en jou engels is 500x beter as my Afrikaans

Welcome @kimbo and hope your vaping experience is as good as mine has been so far. I have zero notion of returning to stinkies. Your engels is baaie goed meneer! :D. Hope some of our forum retailers can help you out.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

@devdev: Regarding the chemicals, well it is like being between a rock and a hard place, catch 22 kinda thing. Smoke and be able to eat or have healthy lungs and not eat, believe me on the worst day with the ulcers i can hardly swallow water. The sores go into your throught (have no idea how to spell that one) and that is now really pleasant

@capetocuba: @Metal Liz helped me with some samples and a tank

Welcome Kimbo. I am sure that you will be contacted by many forum members who have old tanks and batts that they will be able to pass your way. Good luck on your vaping journey!

hi so sorry to hear about your troubles. hope it gets easier! I got a iclear30 which needs a new coil which I could post to you?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Welcome Kimbo. I am sure that you will be contacted by many forum members who have old tanks and batts that they will be able to pass your way. Good luck on your vaping journey!

Thank you @Matuka, i dont like playing the disabled and disability card, but to be honest the startup cost to get going on this vaping road properly is a bit out of my reach so i really hope that some one with some old batt that he/she is not using can help me out. Like i said i am waiting for my eGo Twist to come and @Metal Liz helped me with a tank for now :)

I got a bottle of 18mg liqua vanilla aswell

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Okay now i a getting all choked up. Thank you all for the help

awesome stuff guys!!! i have the iclear 16D with spare coil and 3 x 18mg juices :) that i want to send

this is why i absolutely love this forum!!! the people here are amazing!!!!!!!!! :rock:

this is why i absolutely love this forum!!! the people here are amazing!!!!!!!!! :rock:

I must second that, been on the internet / forums / facebook / and what ever .. for many moons now and i have never seen this kindness, from the bottom of my hart THANK YOU

Regarding the chemicals, well it is like being between a rock and a hard place, catch 22 kinda thing. Smoke and be able to eat or have healthy lungs and not eat, believe me on the worst day with the ulcers i can hardly swallow water. The sores go into your throught (have no idea how to spell that one) and that is now really pleasant

Ahh so there is a very real chance that the nicotine will be able to address the ulcers. I wonder if anyone else has had any luck with substituting traditional smoking with vaping to alleviate the ulcers. This could be a world first, and could become some form of evidence of the positive medicinal value of vaping.

Really happy to see the support coming out here guys, this forum has done a lot to restore my faith in humanity.

@kimbo in terms of current tobacco usage, how many bowls of the pipe are you currently smoking, and do you smoke through the whole day? Reason I am asking is because I am wondering how strong a nicotine strength would work for you

Hiya kimbo and welcome, I am sure you will find this site to be a great resource for all the help and info you need to continue on your journey.

Guys - I would like to add a few items as well - please let me know where in the Northern Subs I can drop off a care package to be included in the parcel you guys are sending up.

Back