Soft hitting mech 25r or VTC5

gifgat

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So my friend was nice enough to buy me my first mech a few days back (vgod elite clone) but the vape i'm getting off it is meh at most .I am using it with a samsung 30q atm . My question is ,if i upgrade to 25r or vtc will it harder ? atm it feels like the battery is the problem , i've tried every thing from a 0.2 ohm build to 0.6 and all i'm getting is a cold mostly flavorless vape

Your build is definitely the main focus point on what type of vape you're going to get.

If you want something down at 0.1 to 0.15ohm. Coils such as Framed Staples or Aliens will do your best.

If these are off the cards a nice 22ga Kenthal dual coil at 0.15 - 0.2ohm will produce a nice hard hit and some decent vapor.

But before you go into your build I think you should take a look at some battery's that can handle Mech mods sufficiently. Safety always comes first. The VTC5 is the safer of the two you're choosing there. However if you're going to get into low ohms id go with the LG HB2 batteries as they are definitely able to handle low ohms and the require amperage draw both continuous and pulse. You'll also get a much much harder hit.

If you are saying you tried a 0.2 Ω The clone mech mod might have a super high resistance because of which it has little current to deliver to the coil.
What atty are you using on this mech mod ? how did you measure the resistance of the coil on this atty?
Taste is subjective, what is the vape device that you are using normally ? also what coils and wattage do you use ?

If you are saying you tried a 0.2 Ω The clone mech mod might have a super high resistance because of which it has little current to deliver to the coil.
What atty are you using on this mech mod ? how did you measure the resistance of the coil on this atty?
Taste is subjective, what is the vape device that you are using normally ? also what coils and wattage do you use ?
I used a smok alien 220 to check the ohms ,my pico gave the same reading , the rda I used was a coil art dpro .I normaly vape at 0.36 at 50 to 60 watts or single coil 0.6 at 35 to 40 watts , like my vape to be warm

Going to order wire this week then ill play around with builds only have a few premade coils left :0.5 twisted,0.5 hive,0.36 quad,0.36 flat twisted .My claptons and fused are done

I used a smok alien 220 to check the ohms ,my pico gave the same reading , the rda I used was a coil art dpro . I normal vape at 0.36 at 50 to 60 watts or single coil 0.6 at 35 to 40 watts , like my vape to be warm
0.3Ω at 50 watts draws a current of around 13 amps on a regulated mod. On a mech mod (with zero resistance) it should be getting 13 amps too(assuming battery voltage at 4V), so Ideally the vape should be identical.
i dont use mech mods, Mech users correct me if I am wrong.

ok so now my new coils are reading 0.24 ...on my alien @ 50 watts is a much better ,warmer and flavorful vape than on the mech ,It is a full copper hybrid mech ,i cant imagine there being so much resistance .

0.3Ω at 50 watts draws a current of around 13 amps on a regulated mod. On a mech mod (with zero resistance) it should be getting 13 amps too(assuming battery voltage at 4V), so Ideally the vape should be identical.
i dont use mech mods, Mech users correct me if I am wrong.
No wait hang on. The amp display on the regulated mod is what the atty is taking from the mod (after buck&boost etc), not what it is taking from the battery. For regulated, battery amp is calculated as watts / voltage. So on a full battery, at 50W you'll pull 11.9A, on an almost empty battery it'll pull 13.5A. Etc. Since it's regulated, you only have two elements to the calculation.
This is NOT the same formula as for mechs, where Ohm's Law applies.

PS: Mech users please correct me if I'm wrong re the above, but I'm fairly sure you should definitely not use the amp from a regulated mod as any kind of indication for amp requirements on a mech mod. I had the same question a few weeks back and was taught the difference between regulated and mech when it comes to amperage.

No wait hang on. The amp display on the regulated mod is what the atty is taking from the mod (after buck&boost etc), not what it is taking from the battery. For regulated, battery amp is calculated as watts / voltage. So on a full battery, at 50W you'll pull 11.9A, on an almost empty battery it'll pull 13.5A. Etc. Since it's regulated, you only have two elements to the calculation.
This is NOT the same formula as for mechs, where Ohm's Law applies.

PS: Mech users please correct me if I'm wrong re the above, but I'm fairly sure you should definitely not use the amp from a regulated mod as any kind of indication for amp requirements on a mech mod. I had the same question a few weeks back and was taught the difference between regulated and mech when it comes to amperage.
I used the formula P=I2R for calculating the above current. I may be wrong but the idea was to get an estimate of the current flowing in the coil.
To be honest the working of a regulated mod is still a mystery for me. The below thread was created by @craigb and like him I too have several questions related to the actual mechanics of a regulated mod.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/craigb-tr...f-the-mechanics-of-vaping.t49553/#post-670179

ok so now my new coils are reading 0.24 ...on my alien @ 50 watts is a much better ,warmer and flavorful vape than on the mech ,It is a full copper hybrid mech ,i cant imagine there being so much resistance .
0.24Ohm @ 4.2V = 17.5Amp = 73.5 Watt
0.24Ohm @ 3.2V = 13.34Amp = 42.67Watt

The range you would be vaping in on a "perfect" mechanical mod would thus be between 74 and 43 Watt. From your finding that 50W on a regulated mod is much better than what you get on your mech, the conclusion would be that somewhere there is a whole bunch of extra resistance being created.

Check and clean the contacts (And threads) properly as well as the battery poles for a start. I doubt the mod itself could be that resistive though.

Regards

The range you would be vaping in on a "perfect" mechanical mod would thus be between 74 and 43 Watt. From your finding that 50W on a regulated mod is much better than what you get on your mech, the conclusion would be that somewhere there is a whole bunch of extra resistance being created.

Check and clean the contacts (And threads) properly as well as the battery poles for a start. I doubt the mod itself could be that resistive though.

Regards
I agree ,can't think it's the mods fault ,that's why i asked about the batteries ,i did not clean the mod as it is brand new , don't know maybe i'm not a mech man eventho i love the look and feel of the mod.Anyway i'm going to get 25rs anyway i'll test them and hopefully they work better

I agree ,can't think it's the mods fault ,that's why i asked about the batteries ,i did not clean the mod as it is brand new , don't know maybe i'm not a mech man eventho i love the look and feel of the mod.Anyway i'm going to get 25rs anyway i'll test them and hopefully they work better
could be that there is an oily layer on the contact surfaces causing poor conductivity. Mechs can suffer voltage drop for a number of reasons. Have a look at the problems encountered when trying to measure mech voltage drop in the following video:

Regards

How does a mech vape normally ?warm or mild heat ?i have no idea ,maybe im just expecting to much

Regards
How does a mech vape normally ?warm or mild heat ?i have no idea ,maybe im just expecting to much
The user has to control the type of vape with the build he makes. Lower resistance means more current and warmer vape.

It sounds like you are using those Chinese garbage coils haha, get some proper coils for your mech.
Ni80
Yeah I got them for free ,I keep them for emergencies going to buy wire very soon (hopefully)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So my friend was nice enough to buy me my first mech a few days back (vgod elite clone) but the vape i'm getting off it is meh at most .I am using it with a samsung 30q atm . My question is ,if i upgrade to 25r or vtc will it harder ? atm it feels like the battery is the problem , i've tried every thing from a 0.2 ohm build to 0.6 and all i'm getting is a cold mostly flavorless vape

Honestly do not even know why you are using a mech with a battery that is rated for 15 amps, do your research before using a mechanical device please. Lol I had to delete my advise above, as I take it all back haha did not read the 1st post

That is why im asking ?Like i said i dont have any other batteries atm ,I don't want to waste money on vtc5 or any other batteries if its not going to make a difference
Honestly do not even know why you are using a mech with a battery that is rated for 15 amps, do your research before using a mechanical device please. Lol I had to delete my advise above, as I take it all back haha did not read the 1st post

Your problem is that you do not understand ohms law and you do not understand mechanical devices at all, I would not use that VGOD if I were you.

The vape you are getting will come down to your build, (yes yes yes and some of the gurus will say the type of mod/contacts/warra warra bs) but mainly the build you put on the mech.

And the type of build you put on the mech depends on what the amp rating on your battery is. You can not expect to get a good vape on a battery that is rated for 15a discharge.

Your problem is that you do not understand ohms law and you do not understand mechanical devices at all, I would not use that VGOD if I were you.

The vape you are getting will come down to your build, (yes yes yes and some of the gurus will say the type of mod/contacts/warra warra bs) but mainly the build you put on the mech.

And the type of build you put on the mech depends on what the amp rating on your battery is. You can not expect to get a good vape on a battery that is rated for 15a discharge.
That answers my question tnx (get new batteries)

I fully agree with you on that one, as well as other comments made here about the knowledge you need to have when using a mech. The type of vape you get does come down to your build, and the only way to change the vape you're getting out of your mech is to change the build.

@gifgat I'd recommend maybe putting down the mech for now, go do as much research and learn as much as you possibly can before attempting it again, there are many fantastic resources on the web that have a wealth of info on this topic, especially for beginners. Mech mods are VERY dangerous when you don't know exactly what you're doing, and in that you're only putting yourself in harms way.

I fully agree with you on that one, as well as other comments made here about the knowledge you need to have when using a mech. The type of vape you get does come down to your build, and the only way to change the vape you're getting out of your mech is to change the build.

@gifgat I'd recommend maybe putting down the mech for now, go do as much research and learn as much as you possibly can before attempting it again, there are many fantastic resources on the web that have a wealth of info on this topic, especially for beginners. Mech mods are VERY dangerous when you don't know exactly what you're doing, and in that you're only putting yourself in harms way.
0.2 ohm coil draws +-20 amps , the 30 q can do 20 amps safely aslong as it doesn't exceed 75 C ......so think im safe from just testing a 0.2 ohm coil to see if it vapes better than the 0.4 or .5 coil

@Hallucinated_, just one point of clarity needed, just to make sure. The cdr amp rating of a battery is not the maximum current it can produce, it is the maximum current it can safely produce. May sound as a mere semantic difference but it is not. A cell rated 20 Amps will deliver a current of 52 Amps when presented wit a 0.08 Ohm build and promptly overheat and blow up as a result. The vape between pushing the button and the explosion will however be exactly the same as it would have been on a battery capable of delivering 60 Amps safely.

Regards

That helps allot thanks ,in that case i dont think mechs are for me
@Hallucinated_, just one point of clarity needed, just to make sure. The cdr amp rating of a battery is not the maximum current it can produce, it is the maximum current it can safely produce. May sound as a mere semantic difference but it is not. A cell rated 20 Amps will deliver a current of 52 Amps when presented wit a 0.08 Ohm build and promptly overheat and blow up as a result. The vape between pushing the button and the explosion will however be exactly the same as it would have been on a battery capable of delivering 60 Amps safely.

Regards

Regards
You are right, left that very important part out.
Know the difference between Max discharge and Max continuous discharge !
Thanks @Raindance !

That helps allot thanks ,in that case i dont think mechs are for me

@gifgat, my intentions are not to put you off mechs, not at all, they are wonderfull devices to use. However using them requires a level of discipline and care one can only attain by collecting as much as possible knowledge and understanding of the subject. It's a bit like learning to be a trapeze artist without a safety net. Whatch and learn first and then practice at low altidude ( high Ohms) before taking on the high wire.

Regards

Back