Soft hitting mech 25r or VTC5

Nah its fine the fact that the 30 q gives the same vape as a vtc5 or 25 r meens im more than happy with with my vw mods
@gifgat, my intentions are not to put you off mechs, not at all, they are wonderfull devices to use. However using them requires a level of discipline and care one can only attain by collecting as much as possible knowledge and understanding of the subject. It's a bit like learning to be a trapeze artist without a safety net. Whatch and learn first and then practice at low altidude ( high Ohms) before taking on the high wire.

Regards

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0.2 ohm coil draws +-20 amps , the 30 q can do 20 amps safely aslong as it doesn't exceed 75 C ......so think im safe from just testing a 0.2 ohm coil to see if it vapes better than the 0.4 or .5 coil

The problem there is that you think it will be safe, you have to know that its safe. You can't really eyeball these figures when using a mech.

And just like @Raindance said, he and most of us answering here aren't trying to put you off of mechs, we just want you, and anyone else using a mech, to be operating them safely.

Nah its fine the fact that the 30 q gives the same vape as a vtc5 or 25 r meens im more than happy with with my vw mods

The difference there is that a VCT5A will allow you to run lower builds, and allow you to do so safely.

The difference there is that a VCT5A will allow you to run lower builds, and allow you to do so safely.
See that part i dont understand , so everyone vaping 0.1 ohms is straining their batteries? Isnt that the same thing as a 30q pulling 20 amps from a 0.2 ohm coil ....0.1 ohms pulls 42 amps from the battery even the vtc5 is still just 20 amps

See that part i dont understand , so everyone vaping 0.1 ohms is straining their batteries? Isnt that the same thing as a 30q pulling 20 amps from a 0.2 ohm coil ....0.1 ohms pulls 42 amps from the battery even the vtc5 is still just 20 amps

This is why you need to read up on this stuff bro, as each comment you make states clearly that you have done little to no research when you started using mech mods.

A lot of people calculate their amp draw on a fully charged battery @4.2V, I calculate my amp draw on the nominal charge @3.7v to be more realistic.
That is why some people build lower, to compensate for the volt drop on a charged cell(4.2 - Nominal V) as well as the voltage drop between the hybrid connection and the atomizer.

I think the Vtc5A is 30 or 35 amp cdr. The A is important, there is a just five as well. But i'm not playing in that league, sticking to 0.3 ohms and up. Using 30Q's.

The cdr level is not a point beyond which cells suddenly explode if you go a fraction over. Many vapers push the limits but do so knowing they are on uncharted territory and base their builds on knowledge of their equipment and experience.

Regards

This is why you need to read up on this stuff bro, as each comment you make states clearly that you have done little to no research when you started using mech mods.

A lot of people calculate their amp draw on a fully charged battery @4.2V, I calculate my amp draw on the nominal charge @3.7v to be more realistic.
That is why some people build lower, to compensate for the volt drop on a charged cell(4.2 - Nominal V) as well as the voltage drop between the hybrid connection and the atomizer.
Its because i've done research im asking these questions

"The Sony VTC5 (official model number Sony US18650VTC5) is a 2600mAh cell 20A high drain 18650 battery, with a unique specification that sometimes allows usage to 30A. Sometimes it's labeled as the Sony VCT5 (or US18650VCT5). Some refer to it as a Konion cell. It has a great reputation particularly among hobbyists who need high mAh and high drain capabilities like e-bike builders, vaping users, and high powered light customers. "

So going 10 amps over on a vtc is fine but 5 over a 30q is a big deal

"The Sony VTC5 (official model number Sony US18650VTC5) is a 2600mAh cell 20A high drain 18650 battery, with a unique specification that sometimes allows usage to 30A. Sometimes it's labeled as the Sony VCT5 (or US18650VCT5). Some refer to it as a Konion cell. It has a great reputation particularly among hobbyists who need high mAh and high drain capabilities like e-bike builders, vaping users, and high powered light customers. "

So going 10 amps over on a vtc is fine but 5 over a 30q is a big deal

The vtc5a is a 2500 mAh cell and not the same as the 2600 mAh vtc5.
Please be carefull on whose information you trust. As far as cells go, there is only one source to be trusted.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/18650-battery-ratings-table.7447/

Regards

Focusing on the first part of your question here.

Yes anyone building at 0.1 ohms is straining their batteries. There is no battery that can "safely" handle this. However some batteries will handle it better than others. One of my personal frustrations is seeing people build like this on mechs. They tell you they only fire briefly so that they can use the "pulse rating" of a battery when working things out. It seems safe enough, because if it wasn't we would have a lot of people missing teeth based on the number of vapers I've seen building so low, but it isn't something I will be trying at any stage.

Focusing on the first part of your question here.

Yes anyone building at 0.1 ohms is straining their batteries. There is no battery that can "safely" handle this. However some batteries will handle it better than others. One of my personal frustrations is seeing people build like this on mechs. They tell you they only fire briefly so that they can use the "pulse rating" of a battery when working things out. It seems safe enough, because if it wasn't we would have a lot of people missing teeth based on the number of vapers I've seen building so low, but it isn't something I will be trying at any stage.
Yes @Stosta, the meaning of pulse rating seems to be misunderstood very often. Paraphrasing Mooch, it is mostly intended to mean a current draw for milliseconds and not several seconds.
At best overclocking a cell reduces its longevity, next it could vent and worst case result in thermal runaway and a big boom. When exactly these would occur for each cell type would differ and not something we actually want to find out.
Best to build in such a way that if a button sticks or a regulated safety fails and the mod fires continuously, the battery can handle the current safely until flat.

Regards

It comes down to what you're comfortable with, I'm guilty of building lower than one should, but I know what the batteries I'm using can handle. At risk of repeating myself along with a lot of guys in this thread, I'm going to reiterate that its imperative that you know what you're doing, the "everyone" that you're mentioning are experienced vapers, who've all gone through the process of learning about mech/battery safety. It's unfortunately not something that will happen overnight. To utilize the full ability of your mech you need to learn how to do so safely, as well as what components to use when doing this.

If you disregard the rules of mech vaping you stand the chance to become a cautionary tale, and none of us want that.

Just my :money:

If your batts are rated at 20A you really should not be building to achieve that max...Vaping for 4 years now and 99% of that on mechs and still have my face and my fingers. Not one vent even.. I build my builds to within 2 to 5 percent of the rating and before I do I go check the actual tests done by mooch etc before just accepting the rating on the packaging (some might recall the efest stories).

Bottom line is that if you come from a regulated mod to a mech the vape will "feel" different especially if you were used to vaping at like 100W or more. Its really simple:

1. Dont over stress your battery.
2. Dont over drain your battery.
3. Dont "trust" your build, test it.
4. If it doesnt fire on the press of your button dont try again there might be a short.

If you’re going balls deep might as well buy the VTC5s dude. The 25Rs are great (I use them everyday on my VGOD Elite) but if I were presented with some VTC5s readily available I’d definitely take them. Also, use Steam Engine (just google it) to calculate all your mech needs.

This might help you when building. Also don’t be put off mechs dude. They’re amazing devices. The 30Q does NOT deliver the same vape as a 25R granted you’re using a lower ohm build. The 25 can handle lower ohm builds than 30s so they will hit harder. Also, the reason why stressing a 30 5 amps more than it’s supposed to be stressed is worse than doing the same with the 25 is because the 25 can handle a much higher pulse rating than the 30. DO NOT build according to Pulse ratings please. Not until you figure mechs out. I’m currently running a 0.18 ohm dual coil on my 25. I know that it is below the “Safe zone” for this battery, but the pulse rating has got me covered. As long as I don’t take pulls longer than like 6 seconds I’ll be okay.

In conclusion, don’t be put off mechs! Just start off doing the safest possible builds you can and then experiment and tinker once you’ve got the basics down.

Attachments

• CE3DCCB8-CBB2-4517-B74A-969D0C2F9197.jpeg
    CE3DCCB8-CBB2-4517-B74A-969D0C2F9197.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 12
OK.....got a 25r using 0.3 normal macro coil ..........night and day from before ...in love

Glad you like it bro.. mech vapes are like record players..just something about them that makes you warm and fuzzy inside
Its perfect now ,happy i din't fully give up on it ...now to get more batteries

should add that a simple wire built at .2 ohms will hit harder that a clapton coil of the same ohms as there is less mass to heat up and ramp up time us almost instant.

should add that a simple wire built at .2 ohms will hit harder that a clapton coil of the same ohms as there is less mass to heat up and ramp up time us almost instant.
I must say I thought the macro coils arnt going to give that much flavour but comparing to some other coils i used its realy good ,no problem vaping on macros at all

I must say I thought the macro coils arnt going to give that much flavour but comparing to some other coils i used its realy good ,no problem vaping on macros at all

It's a learning experience bud, the more you learn about your vaping style (types of coils, the size of your coil, heat of vape, cloud production) the better your vape experience will get. It's a constant process of discovery!

Back