Something is wrong with my Terminator Bottom Fed Mod

waja09

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys,

So I bought my Mod on Friday. The gentlemen at Vape King helped me build the coil for it.

However since this morning, it's been giving me trouble switching on. So the coils don't heat up when I press the button, after a while of pressing it only starts up ...

What do u guys think the problem is? Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bud, if you have a regulated mod put the RDA on there to see if the ohms are reading correctly of even better an ohm meter. Also check you post screws to make sure the coils are making contact with the deck properly and are not shorting either, it happens that after you fasten a coil and it has heated up a bit the screws can come a bit loose from the heat expanding and contracting the metal.

Safety first! It is essentially a mech and you don't want to have a short on it... bad news! So rather don't force it to fire and make sure all is good first.

Hey bud, if you have a regulated mod put the RDA on there to see if the ohms are reading correctly of even better an ohm meter. Also check you post screws to make sure the coils are making contact with the deck properly and are not shorting either, it happens that after you fasten a coil and it has heated up a bit the screws can come a bit loose from the heat expanding and contracting the metal.

Safety first! It is essentially a mech and you don't want to have a short on it... bad news! So rather don't force it to fire and make sure all is good first.
Hi Chris, thanks for the advice, I will definitely do what u said. So if the screws are right and the ohms are reading fine (haven't yet checked that though), than what else could be causing a shot ?

@waja09 You'll have a short if your coil is touching the base of the deck or the cover that goes over the coil. Just check. Also, if you have a short your display should give you a reading of 0.0 Ohm

Last edited:
To be safe get it to someone who knows how to test it all. Preferably where you bought it. Also please read up on battery safety etc as well

@waja09 You'll have a short if your coil is touching the base of the deck or the cover that goes over the coil. Just check. Also, if you have a short your display should give you a reading of 0.0 Ohm
Hi @Clouder & Chris Du Toit

So I tested it on a friends of mines Mod, and it reads at 0.45 ohms (I think that's fine?)

But I noticed that when I pushed the bottom piece of the tank down, it seems to be firing up perfect. So I'm assuming that this Tank given to me with the mod isn't the best of tanks.

I agree, i think your coil is touching the barrel (bottom).

Might also be that you RDA is not connecting properly with the 510 connector. Check to see if the RDA has an adjustable centre pin as i think the Terminator mod has a fixed 510 pin

Might sound stupid, but have you replaced/charged the battery yet?

Hi @Clouder & Chris Du Toit

So I tested it on a friends of mines Mod, and it reads at 0.45 ohms (I think that's fine?)

But I noticed that when I pushed the bottom piece of the tank down, it seems to be firing up perfect. So I'm assuming that this Tank given to me with the mod isn't the best of tanks.

You say you are pretty new to this so if I was you I'd just take a step back.
Your coil is measuring at 0.45,what battery are you using?
Always test a coil on an ohm meter or some such before trying to fire it on a mech mod,check it with the cap off and more importantly on the RDA before you try and fire it.
If your battery is fine and charged and your RDA is measuring 0.45 with the cap on then its probably but not definitely the 510 of the atty not making connection with the mod.
You don't have a short or you would soon know about it.
Just be safe bud.

This is why I recommended that you should be able to check the coils etc in the other post where you wanted a mech, its not so that I can look clever dropping fancy words, its so that you dont stumble around in a dark room.
If you'd had an omnitester or similar coil checker you could have immediately seen whether or not there was a full short on the atty, its all about safety.

That aside, as @Chris du Toit mentioned, your center pin on the atty needs to be lowered a tad to make contact with the mod.

Hi guys @Genosmate & @blujeenz .... So it was the bottom part not properly onto the mod, therefore wasn't gaining power from the battery hey .... The thing is, I know that I am a first timer and stuff, but if I don't learn now than I would never learn right? And I didn't make this coil myself lol, the oak at Vapeking showed me how to do it and made it for me. I am yet to attempt this on my own

Hi guys @Genosmate & @blujeenz .... So it was the bottom part not properly onto the mod, therefore wasn't gaining power from the battery hey .... The thing is, I know that I am a first timer and stuff, but if I don't learn now than I would never learn right? And I didn't make this coil myself lol, the oak at Vapeking showed me how to do it and made it for me. I am yet to attempt this on my own

Yip all good, I agree that you have to start somewhere, it wasnt so much the wrapping of coils, but I was more driving on the fact that you need the proper tools and a basic knowledge of using them, or best to stay away from mech mods.
You're learning and you weathered the first storm, you're doing well. :)

Do you grease your battery and contact points? Have a look at your contact points and see if you can spot some carbon marks.

Hi @shaunnadan

I'm in Sandton during the day because I work at Discovery Health and yourself buddy?

After work ?

I'm in rose bank tomorrow so if you want I can have a look.

Possible things to check is the dielectric grease on the battery

Atty problems

Build problems

Battery issues

That's where I would start looking. I've got a few bf attys that I'm not using so that may help you out.

Hi Shaun

So all seems to be working fine now, I just tightened the arty more and I haven't had the issue ever since. Thanks for the assistance though .... I however got a question for you, so my current coil which the guy at Vape King made for me has 6rings .... What if I were to make one with 7rings?

I can use my Istick to test the ohm reading , what should my limit be in terms of that?

Oh and I stay in Pretoria, Laudium if u know where that is. Where do u stay? We should meet up some time will be cool

Back