Squonker Atty

Squonkvillans, what atty's are recommended for Squonkers, and who supplies locally ?

All atties are different and you need to figure out your Vape style and what suits you.

I use a cyclone at work and when traveling for good flavor and a stealth Vape

I also use the Sapor, Manta and Thump at other times.
The Manta and Sapor are great for flavor if you build properly on them. It's all about playing with the builds till you find something that suits your juice.

You can speak to @Justin Pattrick to also BF atty's for you. He did a great job on my Sapor's
The atty does not drain back to the bottle, but it has a huge juice well, so that compensates for drainage.

Now here's 1 weird thing about nichrome.

It's a great Flavour today... Tomorrow the wick is very tired and need to be replaced. Not unusually gunked up but definitely loses Flavour after time a lot quicker. Fresh wicks and your good again.

This makes sense @shaunnadan
Explains why I did not enjoy SS after a day, and I'm a lazy vaper who does not want to change cotton every day.

Squonkvillans, what atty's are recommended for Squonkers, and who supplies locally ?

Hi @WARMACHINE

I haven't tried many atties on my Reos - only a few

But i am using the RM2 for mouth to lung and the Nuppin for direct lung hits.

I like these two atties a lot - for different reasons

RM2 for outstanding flavour.
Nuppin for nice long lung hits and good flavour.

The RM2 is still the best flavour i have tried in any vape device. I am not talking the volume of vapour as I see many sometimes refer to - but rather the accuracy of the flavour. It is a high fidelity flavour machine. Not for lung hits though. I think the flavour comes from the small size of the chamber and that the action is happening so close to the mouth. Nothing complicated about the RM2. Ceramic deck. Easy to build. Its for single coils. What I like about the RM2 is how you can alter the throat hit and flavour by positioning the coil slightly differently. Takes some time but when its dialled in to your preference its magical.

The Nuppin is a super atty too. More air. Dual coils. Not a normal type of build deck because you put the one leg vertically down into the holes. But once its configured it is really good. But the flavour depth and richness is not as good as the RM2 for me. However, with more volume in a direct lung hit it is satisfying in a different way.

RM2 is stocked by Vapour Mountain when they have stock and obviously reosmods.com

The Nuppin I got on a group buy.

I have a cyclone and its very similar to the RM2 vape wise (without the AFC cap) but i still prefer the RM2. Cyclones are stocked by Vape Decadence on this forum (in Amanzimtoti)

PS - been running the RM2 atties for nearly 2 years and all are still used daily. Nuppins for the past year or so and also use daily - well at least one of them

Last edited:
This makes sense @shaunnadan
Explains why I did not enjoy SS after a day, and I'm a lazy vaper who does not want to change cotton every day.

If you do high powered builds (75w) in a tank eventually the nichrome will just freeking die!

Burnt taste no matter how much dry burning and washing.

I finished a spool of nichrome in record time having to rebuild every few days

If I remember correctly @Andre has a BF Sapor. Any thoughts on it sir?
Im also considering getting mine BF for my Woodvil.
Missed an interesting discussion. Baby sitting the 2+ year old grandson - phew!

Can confirm the Sapor works perfectly in BF mode, as done by @JakesSA. The 2 squonk holes exit right on top of the insulator at the bottom, each one facing a post. It has about 0.3 mm that does not drain @Rob Fisher, but more than good enough drainage for me. I see @Lushen says his does not drain - probably modded by someone else. The only thing I do not like about the Sapor is that it is a very tall atty.

To answer the OP, @WARMACHINE, my favourite bf atty is the Origen Little 16 BF. It can do MTL, DL, single coil, dual coil, takes coils with IDs up to 4 mm, gives great flavour and clouds and the workmanship is stunning. An OL16 thread here. Currently my metal Reos bar one sport the OL 16. One Mini has a Chalice III (more for MTL). Woodvils are topped with Rouges or Sapors. My JB squonker likes the Cyclops.

I tried the Nuppin, but never liked it.

Moved the discussion to here... more appropriate...

@Papa_Lazarou I had given up on looking for a lung squonk atty for flavour and I'm gonna try again...

This Stumpy build is with 7 wrap dual nichrome 26g coils coming out at 0,27Ω. Gives clouds for days but really lacking in the flavour dept. Any suggestions. I'm using Rayon wick.

View attachment 48299 View attachment 48300 View attachment 48301 View attachment 48302

@Rob Fisher I get much better flavour from compressed coils.

Thanks @Andre

I now feel the need for the OL16 on a P67 ;-)

I guess it's no surprise that the Nuppin is my number 1 choice for a BF atomizer. Unfortunately they are now only available in the classifieds, but the flavour and throat hit is unsurpassed as far as I'm concerned. This is a great device for dual coils setups, with just the right amount of resistance for a DLH. Single coils work well with a center build over the positive post.

The bottom feed function is flawless, and she drains very well indeed. I've got so used to squonking with the Nuppin, that I almost never experience any leaking. And with a good Scottish Roll wick, you don't have to squonk very often.

The other great BF devices worth mentioning that I've had experience with:
RM2:- fantastic single coil MTL device, although I drill my airhole out to 2mm for a restrictive lung hit.
Odin:- another awesome RDA with great flavour and good airflow, possibly the best drip-tip ever invented. (I still have both of my odin driptips:oops:)
Derringer:- great flavour, good airflow. But she gets really hot.

Unlike some folks (Papa ;)), I have not felt the need to try every new hyped BF atty that comes down the pike for quite some time. Most of the hyped ones I bought were not what they were said to be, at least not for me. So instead of buying more from the unknown to me column, I changed gears mostly to adding more of those in the well known column that I already know I like to my stash.

All but one of my 9 RM2's/RM3's are retired. Not because those that had enlarged air intakes for my DLH's didn't do a great job, but because I found better for my uses. First ones to rock the RM boat was the 2013 Cyclones that are still great single coil atty's for my single coil uses on a couple of Woodvils. I don't like the bf Hornet I bought for the OG Mini because I have left it a tootle puffer with the pin hole air intake. But I can see it being similar to the Cyclones, so maybe it's time to drill it out for some real air intake, maybe even to use it dual coil.

Even better for me though came in other small/mid size packages that were designed for more air and dual coils... especially the Nuppin's and O-16's that I rate as my favorite bf atty's now days. Have 8 and 4 of them, will probably get more O-16's. I'm still trying to like two Manta V1/V2 hybrids on new P67's, am using the Rogue after not since new on another P67 for now, but none of my 22mm bf atty's are in the "I would buy again" column.

Last edited:
Oh well it looks like I need to invest in a O16 again... got one originally but didn't play with it long enough and made the mistake of selling it. :(

Missed an interesting discussion. Baby sitting the 2+ year old grandson - phew!

Can confirm the Sapor works perfectly in BF mode, as done by @JakesSA. The 2 squonk holes exit right on top of the insulator at the bottom, each one facing a post. It has about 0.3 mm that does not drain @Rob Fisher, but more than good enough drainage for me. I see @Lushen says his does not drain - probably modded by someone else. The only thing I do not like about the Sapor is that it is a very tall atty.

To answer the OP, @WARMACHINE, my favourite bf atty is the Origen Little 16 BF. It can do MTL, DL, single coil, dual coil, takes coils with IDs up to 4 mm, gives great flavour and clouds and the workmanship is stunning. An OL16 thread here. Currently my metal Reos bar one sport the OL 16. One Mini has a Chalice III (more for MTL). Woodvils are topped with Rouges or Sapors. My JB squonker likes the Cyclops.

I tried the Nuppin, but never liked it.
Thanks @Andre Regards the Sapor, can you advise on how to do this mod, or point me in the direction of who I can get this done by ?

Back