Standard wire

Think I never used a coil longer than a week, mostly 2-3days. Not because I think the flavour is muted, but because Im bored and like to build new coils

Think I never used a coil longer than a week, mostly 2-3days. Not because I think the flavour is muted, but because Im bored and like to build new coils

Me too @Jean claude Vaaldamme - but after trying plenty coils on a particular device and juice one discovers which is best then it stays in there for a while

I postulate (which means I do not really know what I’m talking about) that fancy coils extend the wicking effect over a larger surface area by means of the wrapping serving as “wick extensions”. To get the best performance out of these the whole juice supply channel needs to be able to keep up with the evaporation over the whole extended surface. Therefore wicking method and material become critical in getting the best out of these coils and poor wicking performance could actually have them performing poorly compared to standard wire.

Regards

I postulate (which means I do not really know what I’m talking about) that fancy coils extend the wicking effect over a larger surface area by means of the wrapping serving as “wick extensions”. To get the best performance out of these the whole juice supply channel needs to be able to keep up with the evaporation over the whole extended surface. Therefore wicking method and material become critical in getting the best out of these coils and poor wicking performance could actually have them performing poorly compared to standard wire.

Regards
Bloubliksem, I dont understand half those words, but I think that I did pick up that Im an Idiot amd dont know how to wick

Regards

I agree. Then surely a mesh coil like this must have the greatest surface/wicking area.

images

Bloubliksem, I dont understand half those words, but I think that I did pick up that Im an Idiot amd dont know how to wick
No boet no! What i mean is there is golf as i play it and then there is Tiger Woods. He plays waaaay better than me but I sure as hell enjoy it more...

Do what works for you, let everyone else do as they please.

Regards

The type of wire that give you the best flavour in one setup is the type of wire you should use in all your setups!
Certain wire types does not agree with everyone and could kill the flavour while someone else will swear by it

You’re not crazy, I agree with you @Jean claude Vaaldamme .

I’ve tried coils from Smilelykumeenit, and most recently a set of fused claptons from one of our vendors which I installed in my Pyro V2. Had a few puffs then took them out, and replaced them with my Lightning Vapes clapton wire... boom, flavour!
Interested to know more about this Lightning Vapes Clapton wire

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interested to know more about this Lightning Vapes Clapton wire

I got it from The Vape Den, they also have the wire in SS, and Ni90 (which I might try next time).

You can also check out LV’s website, lightningvapes.com

I got it from The Vape Den, they also have the wire in SS, and Ni90 (which I might try next time).

You can also check out LV’s website, lightningvapes.com
Tx for the response

Back