Steeping time with magnetic stirrer

Mtoefy

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys

Im contemplating getting a magnetic stirrer. Just wanted know how much faster will it steep compared to letting it stand for 2-3weeks.

I also noticed that while the juice is stirring its left open. Will the juice not loose some of its flavour?? As the beakers available do not have lids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't speed up steeping.
It is only a mixing tool.

You can try heat, water baths etc but nothing substitutes steeping really

Father time is the only way :)

Using a magnetic stirrer will mix the juices so that there is no hot spots in the juice, also there is less air getting mixed in to the juice so your nic will degrade a bit slower.

Best way to steep is let it sit like a good old wine in a dark place for a long time.

U can use cling film on top of the beakers . Or just paper towel. Help mixing to a molecular level apparently . Help degasifing the juice . Let me look for an interesting article and i ll put a link for u

Hi guys

Im contemplating getting a magnetic stirrer. Just wanted know how much faster will it steep compared to letting it stand for 2-3weeks.

I also noticed that while the juice is stirring its left open. Will the juice not loose some of its flavour?? As the beakers available do not have lids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are worried about the open beakers, get yourself some Erlenmeyer flasks. There are those that come with rubber/cork stoppers and caps so you can close them while stirring. Mixing might be a challenge with the narrow necks though. My hand/eye coordination is really bad and even with the normal beakers I still manage to spill PG/VG at times. If you are really, really, really concerned/OCD about it there are the Erlenmeyer flasks that has a vacuum fitting.

As to wether or not the mag stirrer aids steeping, I have a non heated mag stirrer (DIY) and in my experience it mixes great but with the custards and creams there is no substitute for time.
17-661-Category_Primary_Image.jpg

ihwx.A7F03113-0F10-4BD9-A47C-9CAE02AF822B.180.180.jpg

Available at lab supply stores in various sizes.

Back