Stompie Review - Voopoo ZIP Mini 120W Kit

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
Item Name : Voopoo ZIP Mini Kit
Manufacturer: @VOOPOO
Cost: N/A

***DISCLAIMER*** This device was supplied to me by @VOOPOO for the purpose of reviewing the product for them and providing my personal feedback and opinion of this device. I’m not being paid for this review and this review is my own opinion and views.

This is the ZIP Mini Starter kit, you also get a 180W Dual battery Alpha Kit which is this ones bigger brother and looks the same but takes two separate batteries where as this kit has two batteries built in.

IMG_20190411_102730.jpg

IMG_20190411_103003.jpg

Protective sticker still on to protect the nice glossy paint

IMG_20190411_102932.jpg

IMG_20190411_102836.jpg

IMG_20190411_102901.jpg

IMG_20190411_102913.jpg

IMG_20190411_102816.jpg

Size Comparison against the DRAG2 Platinum

IMG_20190411_132029.jpg

What’s inside the box you ask?

1 x Alpha Zip Mini-120W MOD
1 x MAAT Tank
1 x MT-M2 Coil
1 x MT-M1 Coil
1 x Glass Tube(2ml)
6 x Sealing O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
2 x User Manual
1 x GENE Chip Card
1 x Warranty Card

VOOPOO-Alpha-Zip-Mini-120W-TC-Kit-with-Maat-Tank-4400mAh_06_c5d038.jpg

Technical specifications are also important, so here they are:

Zip Mini Mod

Size: 48.5 x 24 x 80mm
Power Range: 5-120W
Battery: Built-in 4400mAh
Material: Zinc Alloy & Stainless Steel & Plastic
Resistance Range: 0.5-5.0ohm
Voltage Output: 0-7.5V
Quiescent Current: <10uA
TC Range: 200-600℉/100-315℃

Maat Tank

Size: 55.75 x 28mm(Standard)/ 55.75 x 24.5mm(TPD)
Capacity: Standard 4ml/ TPD 2ml
Coil: MT-M1 0.13ohm Single Mesh Coil(60-85W); MT-M2 0.2ohm Dual Mesh Coil (55-80W)
Material: Stainless Steel & Glass
Air Intake: Middle Adjustable Airflow
Way to Refill: Standard: Top fill with top button; TPD: Top fill without top button
Thread: 510

So, what do I think about this device?

I have used this mod over the past week on and off and couldn’t really find much to dislike about it. This is basically a DRAG 2 in a newer and smaller metal body which not only looks great but works great! The Gene. FIT function is also available in this mod, but power function is always my preferred setup to use. The mod can go as high as 120watts which should be more than enough for most vapers. Battery life using a single coil RTA lasts about 7 hours or normal vaping, less if using a dual coil. Due to the issue on the battery dropping to zero, I’m sure that the device will last a whole day if this can be resolved.

Looks?

This device looks great and the step away from the resin is nice! It’s a goldish colour with high gloss paint that stands out and grabs attention. I love the design which was sent to me but there are 5 different designs that should suite everyone.

Maat Tank:

Click Here for the full review which I did separately

But here is a summary:

Unboxing the tank and holding it in my hand it’s a solid piece of stainless steel which has been well machined. The ease in changing coils takes no less than a couple of seconds and there is no juice spilling. I removed the preinstalled MT-M2 coil and primed it up and installed back into the tank and waited a minute after filling her up with juice and she was vaping like a train.

This Tank provides excellent flavor and decent clouds! The preinstalled bubble glass holds 4ml of juice which gives you a good amount of vaping as the coil isn’t too heavy on juice! The airflow adjustment is smooth and can close all the way to MTL style draw. There is no airflow whistle which is great

My Pro's
  • 4400mAh Large battery with 120W max output
  • Included MAAT tank with new middle adjustable airflow
  • PnP design on coil for easy installation
  • Intelligent GENE.Fit chip with advanced FIT mode
  • Powerful MT mesh coils
  • Comfortable to grip
  • Great look and quality designs with high quality paint.
  • Great MAAT Tank which offers superb flavour
  • Easy pop in coil system on the MAAT tank
My Cons's
  • Battery seems to have a problem, doesn’t last very long and doesn’t drop off consistently. The battery will show 3 lines left per battery and suddenly will have no lines left and battery will be completely flat. (I have notified Voopoo as this might be a faulty mod)
  • Maat tank will sometimes overflow if filled too quick.
  • The screen is a bit on the light side, could have been brighter
  • Using chubby gorilla bottles is a pain to fill the MAAT Tank
  • Cannot change the drip tip.

Colors/designs available:

VOOPOO-Alpha-Zip-Mini-120W-TC-Kit-with-Maat-Tank-4400mAh_02_15382b.jpg

My Verdict?

I love this little mod as it looks great, feels great and works great. The new design with acrylic type-high gloss paint is a new step in a different direction away from the usual resin designs. The mod works just like the new DRAG2 Mod as they share the exact same chipset which is great. Overall this is a great starter kit that will make a new vaper stand out and vape like a boss!! My only gripe is the issue with the battery, but I can only assume that this might be a firmware or hardware fault which I am still waiting for voopoo to give me some answer.

Would I buy one or recommend one? Yes baby! And I would recommend this setup for existing vapers or any one that is thinking of starting to vape!

Attachments

• IMG_20190411_123509.jpg
    IMG_20190411_123509.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 3
Back