Hi,

I made myself Strawberry Cotton Candy..

Followed the details below.
Steeped for 2 weeks
It taste funny like its gone OLD and offish
Any Help

Details below:

View attachment 81815

Also I would advise when mixing a not tried and tested recipy to only make 10 to max 30ml batches. Otherwise it could be quite a waste... (200ml down the drain in your case)

Check out Doug's Awesome sauce posted in the fruity recipe thread by @Rude Rudi it is really a winner in terms of strawberry...

@leemanboyz im assuming u refering to tfa strawberry ripe, if its the case strawberry ripe looses flavour very quickly and suspect this is what has happened.

note: reading ur title thought we hitting the next evolution in vaping - flavoured wicking material
Oh no, now you've done it ... flavoured wicks coming up :)

Keep in mind that cotton candy can get a musky flavor after a few weeks. I've found this in some of the cotton candy flavors I've mixed. I use less cotton candy and subbed a little with marshmallow to counter it. Worked for me.

Hi,

I made myself Strawberry Cotton Candy..

Followed the details below.
Steeped for 2 weeks
It taste funny like its gone OLD and offish
Any Help

Details below:

View attachment 81815

Yah dude, I think this recipe might be a bit sweet - Cotton Candy TFA (Ethyl Maltol) is generally also used as a sweetener, so pairing it with Sweet Strawberry would over-sweeten this recipe and spoil the vibe you were going for. Like @incredible_hullk said - I probably wont go over 8% as a total percentage of flavouring for this - 10% pushing it.

Select your base flavours, and start with a much smaller testing bottle (10ml,20ml,30ml) with 1% EM , you can always add more EM if the recipe is not sweet enough. Anything over 5% EM you will seriously start tasting the Cotton Candy - and the Strawberry will become a note on a cotton candy base. I think for this recipe to work you need to create a strawberry base, and make the cotton candy a note on it. (which technically you did, I just think the total %% aimed for was to high)

Many people Pair Cap Strawberry Sweet with TFA Strawberry Ripe to give a more authentic strawberry taste - so you might also want to consider trying that in the next variation of your Recipe...
Goodluck - keep at it!!!!!!!!!

By the looks of it this recipe is just a shake n vape no need for steeping at all

Back