Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

56F39B34-8E92-479C-B7C9-82FB77BB7FB4.jpeg

Same principle. Set 1 charging, set 2 in the mod, set 3 to 5 resting. The rest used the same way in single cell mods. Most of them moer tired though.

Regards

View attachment 249557

Same principle. Set 1 charging, set 2 in the mod, set 3 to 5 resting. The rest used the same way in single cell mods. Most of them moer tired though.

Regards
Winner on the process and bummer on the "moer tired"
Do you keep a record of your cell capacities and or internal resistance, or is it "by the seat of you pants"? ... I ask because I monitor mine every +- three months, and I'm trying to establish a baseline for tossing them ... I have some of my oldest cells that are down to around 80% capacity after almost two years, however they still last a day as I vape low power MTL most of the time.

Winner on the process and bummer on the "moer tired"
Do you keep a record of your cell capacities and or internal resistance, or is it "by the seat of you pants"? ... I ask because I monitor mine every +- three months, and I'm trying to establish a baseline for tossing them ... I have some of my oldest cells that are down to around 80% capacity after almost two years, however they still last a day as I vape low power MTL most of the time.
Now what kind of nerd would I be if I did not?
72075C74-9B0D-4648-B361-6239A900065E.jpeg

Regards

Now what kind of nerd would I be if I did not?
View attachment 249559

Regards
The top two are VTC6’s, very old and still well ballanced. Amazing. The bottom one a VTC 5a. Gone through hell and back during my mech squonk phase and still kicking butt. The middle lot are Samsung 30Q’s. Not impressed as they seem to age very fast and voltage drop under load (hit strength) is really unacceptable.

Regards

The top two are VTC6’s, very old and still well ballanced. Amazing. The bottom one a VTC 5a. Gone through hell and back during my mech squonk phase and still kicking butt. The middle lot are Samsung 30Q’s. Not impressed as they seem to age very fast and voltage drop under load (hit strength) is really unacceptable.

Regards
I've found something similar in that my "Greenies" and Molicells hold their balance rather well over time, but them Samsung 30Q's, erm .... not so much ... and their voltage dips when using them on DTL setups :rolleyes:, as to the blimming LG chocolates ... they are friggen useless :eek: ... I've re - paired them a few times in an attempt to keep them balanced, albeit that they don't do the "pinkie voltage drop" on DTL setups :facepalm:

No clue how you guys even measure that :facepalm:
I need to pair 3 pairs, but all my paired ones drop at slightly different rates in their mods anyway

I need to pair 3 pairs, but all my paired ones drop at slightly different rates in their mods anyway
The cell imbalance in some mods seems more of a mod issue than the cells themselves. Swapping the cells around still shows the same bay as being at a lower charge.

I use a DNA mod and software to do my testing.

Regards

I used to do it manually ... you take the readings of an open circuit cell voltage and then again with the cell under load, (I used two 1 Ohm 5 Watt resistors in series), and used Ohm's Law along with Kirchhoff's Voltage Law formula to calculate the Internal Resistance.
I now 'cheat" and use an XTAR battery charger that does a timed charge / discharge / charge cycle automatically.

As to trusting your mods feedback on pairing :rolleyes: ... erm ... nope! ... I've yet to find a mod that is accurate ... try it yourself by swopping your cells between bays and you'll see your mod still displaying one bay, (not cell), as being lower than the other.

I'm fortunate to stay on a higher area. But I hear of a couple of houses that woke up to a river carrying out their lounge suites.
That's a win for you, and a serious bummer for those flooded out ... imagine waking up and finding yourself floating down the river in your bed :eek:

Counting the days to Friday when I go on annual leave for three weeks! Just going to be at home taking care of some much needed spring cleaning and other tasks and projects, but even a bad day at home is better than a good day at work! Also planning on a few trips to Jhb, among others to watch the sunset from the top of The Leonardo...

Big shout out to @Grand Guru. Last year this good man piffed me a box of juice. Unfortunately for me I had some issues and never received it. This was no fault of his and I just wanted to thank him for this wonderful gesture and I didn't know where so I picked this thread because he deserves the recognition and I don't deserve a thread.
Much appreciated and sorry for the late gesture of appreciation.

Last edited:
Going to be a loooong and hot day. My gardener passed away and the garden looks like a proper jungle. I'm off to start the cleanup operation. Wish me luck

Spent most of the day in the garden planting some new plants. Thought it wise to remove my watch while working in the dirt. True to Freestate form I was like "fccccck sunscreen". Anyways, note to self: that little bit of extra white skin where your watch usually goes get nice and crispy in the sun. "as die kop dom is moet die lyf suffer"

So bloody bored! Waiting for Glasfit for the second time this week to come and repair their shoddy work when the replaced my windscreen.

So bloody bored! Waiting for Glasfit for the second time this week to come and repair their shoddy work when the replaced my windscreen.

FFS! Different technicians this time around and guess what? The window is scew, that is why things don't line up and the mirror mechanism is busted from the previous guy taking a hammer to it to loosen it. Need to order a new mirror and the glass will have to be removed to align it and the rubber properly. Going to cost me a third day and he warned me not to drive it in the rain as is (which I've already done). So p!ssed off right now. Glasfit sucks! Hellopeter here I come.

FFS! Different technicians this time around and guess what? The window is scew, that is why things don't line up and the mirror mechanism is busted from the previous guy taking a hammer to it to loosen it. Need to order a new mirror and the glass will have to be removed to align it and the rubber properly. Going to cost me a third day and he warned me not to drive it in the rain as is (which I've already done). So p!ssed off right now. Glasfit sucks! Hellopeter here I come.
Thats f all. When i purchased my new vehicle 2 years ago there was a vault with the windscreen. Glassfit and the vehicle supplier replaced it under warranty. When they replaced it, the side pillars panels were scratched beyond belief when they removed the old windscreen. Now this car was 2 days old. The pillars needed to be resprayed. Didnt cost me anything. But i wont ever use glassfit again. Bunch of idiots

What a weekend. My son, his wife and my grandson flew in to joburg Saturday morning from the UK to the news that their connection to East London on comair was cancelled.
We were in the middle of loadshedding so no internet or cell phone signal.
After queuing for over an hour they were told that they can catch sundays flight but no accommodation was offered. Of course as soon as our power came back on the phone started ringing. We managed to get hold of my brother in law who kindly drove ro the airport and picked them up. They stayed at his place last night. This morning just before they were going to leave for the airport the news broke that all BA Comair and kahlula flights were grounded indefinitely.
They're now booked on another flight tomorrow.
Hopefully nothing else goes wrong and I can finally meet my grandson

Back