Sub Ohm Kit Thread.

Just a question given your experience with the Cyclone, do you think potential Reonauts should go for the LP Grand and LP Reomizer instead? Is it identical to the normal profile, vape wise?

Pick me Pick me Pick me! I know the answer! Yes they will so they can get a Cyclone with air flow!

@Silver, the vape will be much the same, but as with juices preferences differ. For me the Cyclone (which works on the standard Reo) gives the same vape as the RM2, but I do find it handles oversquonking better. Rob, on the other hand thinks the Cyclone is a better design and functions better - he has not specifically pronounced on the vape itself. The Cyclone AFC (air flow control), which is a separate unit does not fit on the standard Reo and needs a LP Reo. My understanding is that one would use the AFC if building dual coils and lowish ohms on the Cyclone. So, if you see that in your future, the LP will be better.

Rob, on the other hand thinks the Cyclone is a better design and functions better - he has not specifically pronounced on the vape itself.

The Cyclone is a better design and certainly works better for me... but as for which one vapes better... really hard to call it and I think it's more related to the coil build I think! I'll make a call when my other REO's arrive and I can test them side by side! If I had to make a call right now I would say the Cyclone actually wins but it could be that I'm just making better coils and wicks now...

There is absolutely no gurgling or leaking with the Cyclone vs the RM2 which can be temperamental if you don't know how to set and use it properly.

The build I have in Erica now with the Cyclone is probably the best all round vape I have ever had... I would just like a slightly tighter draw on the Cyclone and that's why the air flow control one will be a must for me!

@Silver, the vape will be much the same, but as with juices preferences differ. For me the Cyclone (which works on the standard Reo) gives the same vape as the RM2, but I do find it handles oversquonking better. Rob, on the other hand thinks the Cyclone is a better design and functions better - he has not specifically pronounced on the vape itself. The Cyclone AFC (air flow control), which is a separate unit does not fit on the standard Reo and needs a LP Reo. My understanding is that one would use the AFC if building dual coils and lowish ohms on the Cyclone. So, if you see that in your future, the LP will be better.

Apologies if this has been covered.

So the AFC Cyclone might or might not be preferable. But with the LP you have the option of either the AFC Cyclone or the RM2. So what are the drawbacks of the LP? Why wouldn't everyone want the LP and then abandon the AFC Cyclone idea if they so choose?

So the AFC Cyclone might or might not be preferable. But with the LP you have the option of either the AFC Cyclone or the RM2. So what are the drawbacks of the LP? Why wouldn't everyone want the LP and then abandon the AFC Cyclone idea if they so choose?

It has't been covered before and is a damn fine question and one I can't answer... apart from the fact that with the LP REO you need to use a LP RM2 as well and can't use the normal sized RM2.

@Matthee ?

But I'm convinced the AFC Cyclone will be perfection! The standard BF Cyclone is really close to perfect!

Interesting

@Matthee says AFC Cyclone is for peeps who want low ohms dual coils. Rob Fisher says he wants the Cyclone AFC to be able to have a tighter draw.

Why Rob, is the cyclone draw too loose for you? Is it looser than the standard Reomizer?

I actually also prefer a tighter draw. For reference, i like the draw on the mPT2 and on my IGOL with the stock airhole.

So hard to describe these things. I suppose one needs to just test them out yourself

Here is another ecf veteran's take on the difference and confirms most of whats been said above:

"I am very impressed with this little guy... it is very small as it is just a tad smaller than an RM2.

My Summary (YMMV):
Taste = Exactly the same as RM2
Draw = It is airy than RM2
Building = Easier to build than RM2
Squonking = Easier to squonk than RM2
Draining = Drains better than RM2

Overall I'm happy with this RBA and happy with my purchase. It's NOT extremely better than the RM2 and may not be worth you spending an additional $60.00 if you are happy with your RM2. I will be building a lower ohm coil and that may be where the true difference kick in although I don't have a SO kit and can't vouch for those setups... yet!"

IMO the smaller cavity area on the Vicious Ant Cyclone and the fact that it's all stainless steel, plus variable AFC makes it very popular, however what I don't like is the fact that the bottom is not ceramic like the RM2.

Many thanks @johan

That airy draw worries me. I prefer tighter draws. I suppose thats why Rob Fisher wants the AFC Cyclone

Many thanks @johan

That airy draw worries me. I prefer tighter draws. I suppose thats why Rob Fisher wants the AFC Cyclone

The beauty of this RDA is the fact that you can adjust the AFC for a tighter draw and visa versa.

Just a note, but I think most of you know this already: With the SO kit you will still experience some arching on the positive- as well as negative battery contacts, especially on sub-ohm coils due to the high current draw. If this is problematic to you, or you want to extend the life expectancy of the contacts, use the supplied Noalox as with previous setup. (The arching will still be much less than with a tube mech).

The only drawback of the LP is that it is $10 more expensive than the standard. The AFC unit for the Cyclone has 2 air slits - so it is made for dual coils. It might be too airy for a single coil. With the LP you have the option of other atomizers as well - the Chalice, The Origin V2 and you can mod some drippers for bottom feed.
JylneZz.png

Here is another ecf veteran's take on the difference and confirms most of whats been said above:

"I am very impressed with this little guy... it is very small as it is just a tad smaller than an RM2.

My Summary (YMMV):

Overall I'm happy with this RBA and happy with my purchase. It's NOT extremely better than the RM2 and may not be worth you spending an additional $60.00 if you are happy with your RM2. I will be building a lower ohm coil and that may be where the true difference kick in although I don't have a SO kit and can't vouch for those setups... yet!"

IMO the smaller cavity area on the Vicious Ant Cyclone and the fact that it's all stainless steel, plus variable AFC makes it very popular, however what I don't like is the fact that the bottom is not ceramic like the RM2.

This explains it 100%

Just a note, but I think most of you know this already: With the SO kit you will still experience some arching on the positive- as well as negative battery contacts, especially on sub-ohm coils due to the high current draw. If this is problematic to you, or you want to extend the life expectancy of the contacts, use the supplied Noalox as with previous setup. (The arching will still be much less than with a tube mech).
Yes, but seems to me only at resistances below 0.3. DO NOT file the new contact, you will damage the gold plating. If you want to use Noalox just apply without filing. Do note however, that at very low ohms the noalox will start smouldering.

Why Rob, is the cyclone draw too loose for you? Is it looser than the standard Reomizer?

I can live with it because I'm getting a perfect vape from it but would like it tighter... and I too like the draw on the mPT2.

My Summary (YMMV):

I agree with that poster, except that for me the RM2 is easier to build. Not that the Cyclone is difficult, the posts are just closer together and it does not have a ceramic deck.

So, I installed the sub-ohm kit in 2 of my Grands. Watch the second video I posted on this thread, it does help. On the first one I tightened the nipple too much and ruined the gasket, but could use the old gasket. Check on top of your 510 connection what it looks like before you dismantle, that gives you some sort of idea on how far to tighten. They kick beast now.

Back