Subbox and high wattage

Lushen

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
I am interested in your views and experiences with this topic please.

I use the RBA base in the subtank v2, coil is 26G, 6 wraps and it is 0,6Ohms. Wicked with Rayon.

I vape at 22 watts on the subbox and flavour is warm'ish and perfect for days.
I tried 24 and 25 watts, and it's burnt hits from the go. Tries wicking with Jap cotton and it is the same thing.

Anyone else experience this and what is the solution to try using higher wattages, especially seeing that the mod goes to 50W?

BTW, I tried the Atlantis 2 with a 0,5 coil and it goes all the way to 35 watts, no issues. I am thinking this might be a subtank issue or a user issue :-(

I am interested in your views and experiences with this topic please.

I use the RBA base in the subtank v2, coil is 26G, 6 wraps and it is 0,6Ohms. Wicked with Rayon.

I vape at 22 watts on the subbox and flavour is warm'ish and perfect for days.
I tried 24 and 25 watts, and it's burnt hits from the go. Tries wicking with Jap cotton and it is the same thing.

Anyone else experience this and what is the solution to try using higher wattages, especially seeing that the mod goes to 50W?

BTW, I tried the Atlantis 2 with a 0,5 coil and it goes all the way to 35 watts, no issues. I am thinking this might be a subtank issue or a user issue :-(
Hey @Lushen

Are you using spaced coils?
My go to build in the RBA is a 28g spaced parallel coil with a 2.5mm diameter. Usually gets me to 0.4/5 ohms. If I want a warm vape, I go up to 35/40 watts. I get a nice cool vape and great flavour at between 27/30 watts.

Howzit @skola

I should have said that I use a compressed coil on 2,5mm ID.
I tried a spaced coil and got crazy spitback and insane popping. I don't get that with the compressed coil.

@skola When you say spaced parallel, you mean 2 coils and each coil spaced? How does that fit in the deck?

Howzit @skola

I should have said that I use a compressed coil on 2,5mm ID.
I tried a spaced coil and got crazy spitback and insane popping. I don't get that with the compressed coil.

@skola When you say spaced parallel, you mean 2 coils and each coil spaced? How does that fit in the deck?

If there's spitback with a spaced coil it could be that your wattage is too low or maybe too little wicking. I only use spaced coils in tanks and they wick perfectly without spitback and keeps the vape relatively cooler than compacted coils.

Nope, single coil with two strands of wire.

11116764_1573826079564328_978789778_n.jpg

This is not my build, just found it off the net for a visual explanation.

@skola You are a champ! Thank you, it worked.

Not my neatest build, but I'm vaping at a tasty 27watts on a 0,5ohm coil

3167885fa7c9a90955bc13b4a8be702b.jpg

Back