Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
So I got this delightful little combo a few weeks ago from Vaperite

I wanted the silver subtank mini.

But does anyone also find it doesn't sit flush on the Evic VTC Mini?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451759969.745265.jpg

The gap is around 1mm

Works perfectly but I would like it to sit flush if possible. I haven't screwed it down too hard. Just to when it gets quite tight. Don't want to force it further.

Any advice from the other subtank mini and VTC mini users?

View attachment 42232

The gap is around 1mm

Works perfectly but I would like it to sit flush if possible. I haven't screwed it down too hard. Just to when it gets quite tight. Don't want to force it further.

Mate, don't own an Evic so can't help there, but I have the same problem with subtank mini and my Eleaf Istick 100w. I am also not keen to over tighten things, she runs fine but sits about 1mm proud of mod. Being a bit OCD with my gear it is starting to piss me off a little.

Thanks @Neal

I suspect the Subtank Mini has a slightly longer 510 connector

The evic VTC mini has a springloaded 510 but i still dont want to overtighten it...

View attachment 42232

The gap is around 1mm

I have the exact same setup as your one. My tank sits flush on the evic. No gap.

HRH's sits quite flush. V2 base with smaller tank.

qeoT9G6.jpg

I suppose it's just luck of the draw. Thanks for all the feedback thus far

I suppose it's just luck of the draw. Thanks for all the feedback thus far
I used my ss subtank mini v1 and v2 on a number of devices and they always sat flush, however I always screwed them on quite tight.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

My Subtank mini also has a tiny gap on my VTC Mini. The silicon sleeve on the mod makes it pretty unnoticeable though. The sleeve has about a 1mm overhang at the top.

Hi @Silver , I too had the same problem when i first got my evic vtc mini.i think the spring might be a wee to tight . i just tightened until it sat flush and no problems

Guys, common denominator here seems to be the sub tank mini and not the mod. Would be most interested to find out why, love the tank but find this problem annoying. Surely a firm such as Kangertech would not design something that only fitted flush on one of their own mods?

I have measured 3 sub tanks, a tron tank and an ego one mega tank.

The 3 sub tanks measure: 4.64; 4.70; 4.71 mm
The Tron tank measures: 4.36mm
The Ego tank measures: 4.40mm
Which means the sub tanks are the winners by a mean of 0.3mm :dance:So not 1mm longer just 0.3mm longer.
:)
Dave

I have measured 3 sub tanks, a tron tank and an ego one mega tank.

The 3 sub tanks measure: 4.64; 4.70; 4.71 mm
The Tron tank measures: 4.36mm
The Ego tank measures: 4.40mm
Which means the sub tanks are the winners by a mean of 0.3mm :dance:So not 1mm longer just 0.3mm longer.
:)
Dave

Thanks @DaveH
Much appreciated
Amazing how just 0.3mm can be the difference between OCD worries and Happy Days

The centre post along with the insulation sleeve pushes out.
IMG_2044.jpg

It is important to understand the coil assembly makes contact with this centre post and could under some circumstances be pushing the centre post further out than it should.
Dave

Thanks for the efforts @DaveH

Here is my subtank :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451881662.059386.jpg

The pin protrudes very slightly but not as much as your second pic in your post with two pics.

Hi @Silver
On a couple of my tanks the post protrudes a little with the coil assembly installed, perhaps not quite so much as yours. However I think that would be normal machining tolerances.

IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2048.jpg

I have also noticed the spring in the 510 connection on the eVic VTC mod does seem on mine to be quite stiff (strong) compared to some of my other mods.
Dave

Back