Svd Problem

Kareem

Vaper for life
LV

Awards
Hi, the minus button of my svd activates without being pressed. Its an intermittent problem and it irritates the crap out of me because it wont fire when it does that. I have to press the (-) button a couple of times for it to work again. Does anyone know how to open the svd? I removed the cover of the lcd but still can't get to the button. please help.

I don't know if this will help to solve your particular problem:

Thanks I'll have a look now. Just found found this video on another thread too.

Unfortunately the video doesn't help with this issue.

If I recall @Rowan Francis has tried getting inside the SVD. Maybe he can offer some assistance

Hi, the minus button of my svd activates without being pressed. Its an intermittent problem and it irritates the crap out of me because it wont fire when it does that. I have to press the (-) button a couple of times for it to work again. Does anyone know how to open the svd? I removed the cover of the lcd but still can't get to the button. please help.

@Kareem, before ripping the SVD apart you could try spraying some electrical contact cleaner in the gap between the switch and the body and repeatedly click to work the cleaner through. You can find it at car, hardware and electronics shops.

ok cool will give it a try first but am gonna try and open the top if that don't work.

Unfortunately the video doesn't help with this issue.

If I recall @Rowan Francis has tried getting inside the SVD. Maybe he can offer some assistance
yes it don't but it shows there is slack on the centre pin wire so I will be able to remove the top after I lift the pin.

Opening a svd is not fun.
The top cap is pressfit and epoxyed or glued.

You will need a bench vice, a vicegrip or waterpump pliers, either rubber soft jaws for the vice or leather (this is so you don't leave tool marks).

Carefully clamp the SVD body in the vice. grip the beauty ring and wiggle don't try and turn the top cap is ridged vertically. just keep wiggling pulling up and it comes off.

I was quite impressed with how well put together this mod is.

Opening a svd is not fun.
The top cap is pressfit and epoxyed or glued.

You will need a bench vice, a vicegrip or waterpump pliers, either rubber soft jaws for the vice or leather (this is so you don't leave tool marks).

Carefully clamp the SVD body in the vice. grip the beauty ring and wiggle don't try and turn the top cap is ridged vertically. just keep wiggling pulling up and it comes off.

I was quite impressed with how well put together this mod is.
Sounds like a mission but have to get it fixed some how. Just hope I don't break it.

@Gazzacpt , yup thats the way , i put a old rba into the top of the SVD and used it to lever off the top cap , then soaked the insides with meths for a day as getting the insides out would have taken a blow tourch to unstick the glue they used to but the m/board in there , but i am happy to say that did clear up the problem . My + button was not fireing at all .

some overzealous joose trying to take a "joburg shortcut" to the coil

Back