Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
@BhavZ asked for a comparison on my two favorite set ups...

The iTaste MVP with an Aspire Nautilus and the iTaste SVD also with a Aspire Nautilus tank.

Vape 005.JPG

From a comfort (holding) point of view there isn't much in it and if I have to choose then maybe the SVD wins slightly.

Weight wise there is actually very little in it... the SVD weighs in at 170g and the MVP 158g.

Looks wise I would have to say the SVD wins with it's light saber look... but the smart alecs always make a reference to a dildo. But I think that is just jealousy talking.

Battery wise the MVP wins but with the SVD I have 4 x 18650's

Taste wise with the Nautilus... no discernible difference.

Workmanship. The MVP wins.

Stability on a flat surface. Both won't roll of a table onto a floor so that's a win for both!

Carrying in your pocket. The MVP wins because it's not as heavy and doesn't protrude from the pocket.

Functionality of the buttons and menu settings. The MVP wins hands down... a lot easier to use and it has the puff counter which I like. I also don't get the odd dry fire and button confusion I get with the SVD. The SVD loses points here.

My personal preference? Almost impossible to call... I really can't choose between the two because I like the look of the SVD and the fact that I can carry 4 spare batteries... but then again MVP menu and buttons behave flawlessly and has an awesome battery life. If you force me to call it then I would have to go on perceived workmanship and functionality and the MVP wins.

SVD - 8,8 out of 10
MVP - 9,2 out of 10

Damn! Thanks for the review. And if memory serves then the MVP is cheaper as well?

Damn! Thanks for the review. And if memory serves then the MVP is cheaper as well?

It is if you include a battery with the SVD... and even more so if you include the batter charger! The MVP comes with it's own cable for charging.

SVD - R750 Plus R100 for a battery and then R250 for a charger.
MVP - R760

It is if you include a battery with the SVD... and even more so if you include the batter charger! The MVP comes with it's own cable for charging.

SVD - R750 Plus R100 for a battery and then R250 for a charger.
MVP - R760
Jip. I bought my SVD last week Friday. I do like the Lightsaber look though so i'm still happy. Thanks for the info. Have a Vapey day

Also to consider is that the SVD can go to 15 W as opposed to the 11 W of the MVP, if that is important to you.

I was wondering about that... I never ever go that high because my juices seem burnt? Is this power needed for the coil making lunatics?

I was wondering about that... I never ever go that high because my juices seem burnt? Is this power needed for the coil making lunatics?
Indeed. I have a single micro coil setup at the moment and Vaping at 10w and it changes the climate every time i go vape. Lol.
I did have a double barrel before and had to push it up a bit as it took longer to start glowing red

Whilst on the topic of SVD, can one use the 2600mah Samsung 18650 unprotected battery in an SVD?

Loved your review Rob! Well done.
I also have the SVD and MVP and I agree with your comments

However, Mathee's point about power is important for those who need higher power. For example, i am using the SVD on my IGO-L with a microcoil and cotton at 12.5 watts. Max current draw is also an issue. Not sure of the exact max amps on the SVD but I assume its higher than the MVP.

So in my opinion, when vaping tanks like the PT2mini or similar I agree with Rob, i prefer the MVP. But for higher power applications, the SVD is required. I also really like both devices.

SVD - 8,8 out of 10
MVP - 9,2 out of 10

OK here is a question? If I rate the MVP higher than the SVD why do I use my SVD 95% of the time even with it's very annoying switching off hassle?

I have put my Menthol Ice onto the MVP to see if it makes a difference...

good thing you rated the MVP better...otherwise i might have some internal struggle going on...since i ordered the MVP from gizmo over the weekend...will be arriving tomorrow...very exited

good thing you rated the MVP better...otherwise i might have some internal struggle going on...since i ordered the MVP from gizmo over the weekend...will be arriving tomorrow...very exited

You will enjoy it Rex... I switched my Nautilus with VM Menthol and that's why I was using the SVD so much... the MVP just works and no irritating issues!

What is this switching off issue you are referring too?

Back