Svd Vs Mvp

What is this switching off issue you are referring too?

The SVD has a bug of sorts and all of a sudden you will press the button and nothing will happen... so you press 5 times and it will turn back on... and sometimes it will turn off and it was on all the time. It tends to happen more when it's been in your pocket or you are holding it and say driving... sitting at your desk and putting it down between sucks seems to help. When I first got my SVD I thought it was faulty and sent it back to the supplier (who replaced it right away no questions asked) but it was a combination of a faulty battery and the on off phenomenon.

I thought I was alone with this but others have confirmed they experience it as well. Other than that it is an awesome device. But I'm looking for a Mod that will replace it that doesn't have the issue and has a better and more intuitive menu system. I researched the ProVari but that seems to only be VV and not VW... also it has a one button system that seems clunky. The 134 looks like it has potential...

The SVD has a bug of sorts and all of a sudden you will press the button and nothing will happen... so you press 5 times and it will turn back on... and sometimes it will turn off and it was on all the time. It tends to happen more when it's been in your pocket or you are holding it and say driving... sitting at your desk and putting it down between sucks seems to help. When I first got my SVD I thought it was faulty and sent it back to the supplier (who replaced it right away no questions asked) but it was a combination of a faulty battery and the on off phenomenon.

I thought I was alone with this but others have confirmed they experience it as well. Other than that it is an awesome device. But I'm looking for a Mod that will replace it that doesn't have the issue and has a better and more intuitive menu system. I researched the ProVari but that seems to only be VV and not VW... also it has a one button system that seems clunky. The 134 looks like it has potential...

Ah I now know what you are talking about, it switched off once on me but that was because it was standing for a while when I was using another device, havent experienced it since then probably cause when I use it I dont put it down till the battery is flat.

The only thing with the 134 is that the VW system is has specific wattages and cannot step up like the SVD or MVP does which kinda sucks cause for example the 134 goes from 11w to 12w but you cannot adjust it to 11.5w.

Just my opinion.

The only thing with the 134 is that the VW system is has specific wattages and cannot step up like the SVD or MVP does which kinda sucks cause for example the 134 goes from 11w to 12w but you cannot adjust it to 11.5w.

Thanks @BhavZ! I'll keep searching for the perfect Mod... right now the best is the MVP because it just works and has a good battery life. I like the SVD because I can carry spare batteries around. There is bound to be a perfect 18650 device on the horizon soon! ;)

Thanks @BhavZ! I'll keep searching for the perfect Mod... right now the best is the MVP because it just works and has a good battery life. I like the SVD because I can carry spare batteries around. There is bound to be a perfect 18650 device on the horizon soon! ;)

I am sure as the technology develops one will even be able to design a custom mod on order, i want the following features and bam, put together and shipped to the customer.

But for now I must admit I am more than happy with my SVD, the only thing missing is a decent RTA (even and RBA) to go with it.. Any one have any suggestions?

I am sure as the technology develops one will even be able to design a custom mod on order, i want the following features and bam, put together and shipped to the customer.

But for now I must admit I am more than happy with my SVD, the only thing missing is a decent RTA (even and RBA) to go with it.. Any one have any suggestions?
The Kayfun Lite Plus or Russian 91 % does well on the SVD.

Thanks @Matthee

Any opinion on the Trident as a first dripper?

That was my first dripper and is still my only one. Its easy to setup can be used in dual coil or single coil mode. Has airflow options. Have a look at the iGo's to.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I use the iGO-L on my SVD at 12.5 watts and it works like a champ

Vapeking is bringing in some new kit soon and take a look also at the IGO-W. I believe it is good and it has holes in the posts i think, so easier to build

Hi @Rob Fisher , my SVD has only switched off on me once or twice that I can recall. But then again, i dont use it as much as you. I only use it for dripping a few times a day, not as my main continuous vaping device. It also stays at home.

OK after a few weeks of playing with both there is little doubt that for my application the MVP is far superior to the SVD... the switching off issue is just so irritating. The MVP is simply perfect for what it was built for.

So the search is on for a better 18650 device!

OK after a few weeks of playing with both there is little doubt that for my application the MVP is far superior to the SVD... the switching off issue is just so irritating. The MVP is simply perfect for what it was built for.

So the search is on for a better 18650 device!

@Rob Fisher mine is doing it a lot less now.

i think what could be the issue is maybe the svd has some sort of memory function when pushing the fire button.

so for example if you push it for less than 2 seconds, that counts as a one push out of the 3 to switch it off, and so on.

- this is just my thoughts on it.

@Rob Fisher mine is doing it a lot less now.

i think what could be the issue is maybe the svd has some sort of memory function when pushing the fire button.

so for example if you push it for less than 2 seconds, that counts as a one push out of the 3 to switch it off, and so on.

- this is just my thoughts on it.

Sometimes mine behaves fine for a few hours and then it gets it's tits in a tangle and does it multiple times in quick succession... bottom line is I have fought with this device from the moment I got it... I even returned the first one because I thought it was faulty.

But I think your theory is right and maybe the way I use it exacerbates the problem.

As soon as im back i will order a svd first. Always been interested in one

Thanks @Matthee

Any opinion on the Trident as a first dripper?
cant go wrong with the trident as a start up RDA! works flawlessly! easy to use, except the screw tops, theres no warning when you unscrew so they tend to fall out when unscrewing, always work on a surface where when a screw falls it cant bounce off a table under something! Switched to the RSST and thats also super easy to recoil and set up!

Also the IGO-L has been good to me as my first dripper. No holes in the posts but not that difficult to get the coil under the screw.

VapeKing is bringing in some new stuff soon. An original IGO-W I think - with holes in the posts. I am keen for that.

Back