SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

My whole take on the clone vs auth merch is that if people take the stance to shun clones they should do so without compromising, what i mean by this is that (and please correct me if im wrong) but a company like eh pro manufactures the authentic billow. Loved by many.... but the same company manufacture clones of other devices.

So in the same light, those dead against clones should stay clear of items like the authentic billow too. Or am i wrong

Last edited:
I shouted out loud, "I hate clones" - while I download the new Logan movie.... :--P

My whole take on the clone vs auth merch is that if people take the stance to shun clones they should do so without compromising, what i mean by this is that (and please correct me if im wrong) but a company like eh pro manufacturer the authentic billow. Loced by many.... but the same company manufacture clones of other devices.

So in the same light, those dead against clones should stay clear of items like the authentic billow too. Or am i wrong
The same would be true with Wotofo, who would arguably not have built up the capacity to be where they are now without their cloning origins. It seems as if SXK is moving in the same direction. They have also been manufacturing authentic atomisers for a while (and this Billet Box 'styled' device has their own chip, as used by a 'name brand'.) As with EHPro and Wotofo, the line between cloners and authentic manufacturers seem to be blurring.

What's going on? Since I started vaping a little over 2 years ago, attitudes in general have changed, both towards fellow vapers & gear. People have become less tolerant towards each other, they respect others opinions even less and forged rifts based upon preference & what they can afford. This has never been more evident than in recent months with the debate of HE vaping gear - The I buy it therefore I'm better worthy of greater respect than you attitude, and, because I am HE, vapers & vendors alike must take heed of what I say.
I buy clones & authentics, I buy mainstream gear& I buy HE gear - simply because I choose to & the various standards of those items meet my needs - I am an individual, I pay my taxes like a law abiding citizen, I pay Etolls because it's law, that doesn't mean I agree with it, quite the opposite. It's not illegal to buy clone vape gear, if it was, vendors wouldn't be able to import it so if the law was changed, I would stop buying it.

Up until recently I was a member of the secret HE FB group and I'm grateful for having the opportunity to be, it opened my eyes to a whole new world of vaping, but I chose to leave the group, not because I condemn it, but because I chose to based upon 1 thing only- it wasn't me !!! I still respect it as a different "Vaping Culture", but not mine. I do not wish to be categorized into a group, LE or HE, I just want to vape with the community. Label me & I loose my identity, rather cast me out, it'll be more defining to me, something I'd be happy in.

Gentlemen & ladies - think about where you started, then act.
My money & opinion is just as good as the next guy - no sorry I'm wrong, it's only as good as my influence. Things really changed last week when a respected HE member basically insulted another vaper simply based upon him having an opinion.

Last edited:
What's going on? Since I started vaping a little over 2 years ago, attitudes in general have changed, both towards fellow vipers & gear. People have become less tolerant towards each other, they respect others opinions even less and forged rifts based upon preference & what they can afford. This has never been more evident than in recent months with the debate of HE vaping gear - The I buy it therefore I'm better worthy of greater respect than you attitude, and, because I am HE, capers & vendors alike must take heed of what I say.
I buy clones & authentics, I buy mainstream gear& I buy HE gear - simply because I choose to & the various standards of those items meet my needs - I am an individual, I pay my taxes like a law abiding citizen, I pay Etolls because it's law, that doesn't mean I agree with it, quite the opposite. It's not illegal to buy clone vape gear, if it was, vendors wouldn't be able to import it so if the law was changed, I would stop buying it.

Up until recently I was a member of the secret HE FB group and I'm grateful for having the opportunity to be, it opened my eyes to a whole new world of vaping, but I chose to leave the group, not because I condemn it, but because I chose to based upon 1 thing only- it wasn't me !!! I still respect it as a different "Vaping Culture", but not mine. I do not wish to be categorized into a group, LE or HE, I just want to vape with the community. Label me & I loose my identity, rather cast me out, it'll be more defining to me, something I'd be happy in.

My money & opinion is just as good as the next guy - no sorry I'm wrong, it's only as good as my influence. Things really changed last week when a respected HE member basically insulted another vaper simply based upon he's having an opinion.

Well said indeed sir

@Deckie ....... i commend you for what you said.
I funnily enough don't experience the rift since my vape style is solely based on what i can afford. I get "dissed" often for still owning and loving my Smok Alien which i frequently use on my videos but i think they just envious because i have managed to create a relationship with mine. :)
I like to spoil myself but HE mods are way out of my financial range but i can however afford great atties like the CSMNT, Goons and Hadaly and hence i spoil myself with those. I do however feel somewhat jealous when HE mods are raved about but that is just normal.
Only reason why I have a slight problem with the BB is that it was meant to be an exclusive product but cheap clones are making it just another commercial name. I feel sorry for the owner of the original.
I realise all to well that certain clones are close on par to the original.
If by any chance there is a rift forming because of HE gear then i total agree with you that it would not be a good thing because VAPERZ be VAPERZ. :)
This is a awesome community and I doubt strongly that something called a Billet Box would be capable of changing that.

@Deckie ....... i commend you for what you said.
I funnily enough don't experience the rift since my vape style is solely based on what i can afford. I get "dissed" often for still owning and loving my Smok Alien which i frequently use on my videos but i think they just envious because i have managed to create a relationship with mine. :)
I like to spoil myself but HE mods are way out of my financial range but i can however afford great atties like the CSMNT, Goons and Hadaly and hence i spoil myself with those. I do however feel somewhat jealous when HE mods are raved about but that is just normal.
Only reason why I have a slight problem with the BB is that it was meant to be an exclusive product but cheap clones are making it just another commercial name. I feel sorry for the owner of the original.
I realise all to well that certain clones are close on par to the original.
If by any chance there is a rift forming because of HE gear then i total agree with you that it would not be a good thing because VAPERZ be VAPERZ. :)
This is a awesome community and I doubt strongly that something called a Billet Box would be capable of changing that.
@KZOR mull this over for awhile - doesn't it strike you that possibly the makers of the authentic are behind SXK on this?

What's going on? Since I started vaping a little over 2 years ago, attitudes in general have changed, both towards fellow vipers & gear. People have become less tolerant towards each other, they respect others opinions even less and forged rifts based upon preference & what they can afford. This has never been more evident than in recent months with the debate of HE vaping gear - The I buy it therefore I'm better worthy of greater respect than you attitude, and, because I am HE, capers & vendors alike must take heed of what I say.

My money & opinion is just as good as the next guy - no sorry I'm wrong, it's only as good as my influence. Things really changed last week when a respected HE member basically insulted another vaper simply based upon he's having an opinion.
Well said @Deckie , I think you know me by know, I try to buy authentic if I can afford it, purely because spares is available or most of the times. I agree 100% and like I said before, no matter what you vape and with what gear, the main purpose is to quite stinkies. Over the last years the quality of the clones is very good to excellent, but I don't want to debate.

My only concern is regarding The clone Billet Box is, if a vendor bring in a product, then try to source as many accesories and spares as possible or at least state the release date, so if you buy the product you are not stuck in the dark with a leaking tank etc. I have a Lost Vape Thererion which I buy with a group buy via @kimbo Yes, I could have bought it at a trusted vendor but you know what.......@Kimbo asked us DO WE WANT SPARES!!!!!! And yes I got some spare bottles, battery dividers etc. Up to now I haven't seen any of this at the guys selling this MOD.

Back to the insult, yes I saw that as well, and it is not vapers etiquette. So back to my statement and I agree 100% with @Clouds4Days , I also thought of buying the clone and wait for my authentic, so yes maybe.

Cheers Guys

Last edited:
@KZOR mull this over for awhile - doesn't it strike you that possibly the makers of the authentic are behind SXK on this?

@Deckie i have been mulling over this since @spiv mentioned it the other day and the more I research sxk the more collabs with other manufacturers i see. Ultimately I wudnt be surprised.

My final thought - today I find it hard to distinguish bet auth and clone because they all the same thing. I'm visualizing manufacturers in a dark room, scotch in hand and cigar vape saying I launch this today and U guys can take the tech 2 months later.

Reality, imho, is that innovation in humanity has reduced drastically and it's all copycat stuff now.

Well said @Deckie , I think you know me by know, I try to buy authentic if I can afford it, purely because spares is available or most of the times. I agree 100% and like I said before, no matter what you vape and with what gear, the main purpose is to quite stinkies. Over the last years the quality of the clones is very good to excellent, but I don't want to debate.

My only concern is regarding The clone Billet Box is, if a vendor bring in a product, then try to source as many accesories and spares as possible or at least state the release date, so if you buy the product you are not stuck in the dark with a leaking tank etc. I have a Lost Vape Thererion which I buy with a group buy via @kimbo Yes, I could have bought it at a trusted vendor but you know what.......@Kimbo asked us DO WE WANT SPARES!!!!!! And yes I got some spare bottles, battery dividers etc. Up to now I haven't seen any of this at the guys selling this MOD.

Back to the insult, yes I saw that as well, and it is not vapers etiquette. So back to my statement and I agree 100% with @Clouds4Days , I also thought of buying the clone and wait for my authentic, so yes maybe.

Cheers Guys
The spares are readily available ... if need be, I'll bring in a mountain of spares

doesn't it strike you that possibly the makers of the authentic are behind SXK on this?
Using the same chip does not bother me ...... it is using the same design and name that does.
If Billet is behind these clones then i will never again have a problem with anyone buying any type of clone. My only gripe has always been that i felt sorry for the original designer/owner of a product.

I came here for the information and pictures and ran straight into what seems to be the vapers' version of Apple vs Android :-D

@Deckie thank you for the review... if you get the chance, it will be great to see the build deck of the rba section. Very interested in the SXK 'Billet' design and build :)

@Deckie i have been mulling over this since @spiv mentioned it the other day and the more I research sxk the more collabs with other manufacturers i see. Ultimately I wudnt be surprised.

Haha. I kinda felt like it was super conspiracy theorist type stuff but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. BB decided to introduce the 60w version, so made SXK make and sell the remaining stock of DNA 40 chips they had ordered. SXK was also probably left with a lot more of their own chips than they could build Stab Wood mods, so they chucked theirs in this too and made a 70w version.

I'm glad this SXK version came out. Now when the originals don't sell out this weekend, I can pop onto the BBV site anytime and pick an authentic one up. :)

Who else has an SXK version arriving today? I saw @boxerulez said he ordered two. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

The spares are readily available ... if need be, I'll bring in a mountain of spares

Can you leave a link for spares if possible? I will only receive my one tomorrow as it was shipped this morning but I would like to see what is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you leave a link for spares if possible? I will only receive my one tomorrow as it was shipped this morning but I would like to see what is available.

Please @Deckie, I also want that link. Thanks

32e05f674651015b0b50ce9142f0565c.jpg

This is a lekke little box mod, say what you will about the morals behind it, everyone needs to experience a BB at some stage in life. Even with the crappy BVC coil that gave me a dry hit...still having fun, cannot wait to pop in the RBA with the fused clapton i set up last night. Just forgot it on my desk at home.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Please @Deckie, I also want that link. Thanks
A few of who had already ordered the SXK BB were concerned about this so someone contacted SXK derictly and confirmed via email that spare Boro Tanks will be available and of March.

Back