SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

A manufacturer of a certain product invests a certain amount in tools and equipment for the purpose of producing this item. Clever marketing people determine that keeping supply of this product a certain percentage lower than demand, allows them to sell this item at considerably higher prices than were supply to meet demand. Then the accountants realise that due to the low supply stratagy, the tools representing the initial investment are only utilised at 75% capacity. This will not do!

Also, shutting down production from time to time results in repeated start up costs and so forth so a plan needs to be made to maximise profits on the original investment. In comes a market segmentation stratagy that allows for the 100% utilisation of the equipment by utilising the other 25% capacity to produce virtually the same product under a different brand name with maybe only one or two superficial changes to the original. To make it seem even more authentic, sommer created a different or rent a different company to do the marketing to keep up appearances.

This could be whats happening here or not. It does happen a lot though. Ever wonder where house brands have their origen from?

Regards.

Do atty manufacturers have their own manufacturing facilities, equipment and staff? I would imagine the smaller ones don't but give it out on contract to third party workshops or engineering companies who manufacture to spec.

@boxerulez my 2c, even with some of my DNA devices, I have never,ever used the settings or the usb port. Old school my friend, I have tried TC one, and went back to the basics. Back to the BB, do you think the Kangertech Ceramic coils will work in this mod? I think I got about 20 ceramic coils here with all of my spares?
Got the kanga coil this morning and fits. It worked with the aspire adaptors....guess they got the stickers mixed up. It is showing .7ohms instead of the rated .5ohms. Much better airflow than the rba.

Attachments

• 20170325_201706.jpg
    20170325_201706.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 100
Got the kanga coil this morning and fits. It worked with the aspire adaptors....guess they got the stickers mixed up. It is showing .7ohms instead of the rated .5ohms. Much better airflow than the rba.
If you wondering about the pink ribbon...it's my hack to get the battery out

If you wondering about the pink ribbon...it's my hack to get the battery out
4b029d9d410c12f09a3bb1c573214f57.jpg

Haha tell me about it. Do the Authentic BBs come with a battery band?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Hold the phone no battery band I'm disappointed....

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi

What kanga coils did you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how the Exocet compares to the Subtank RBA base? Because they are basically the same thing from what I can see.
people swear about the exocet . i suppose as usual is always based on preferences , and imo the price of exocet is a bit over the top for what is it . dont get me wrong i never moaned about spending money on vape stuff but ......i have a limit on it like anybody else

people swear about the exocet . i suppose as usual is always based on preferences , and imo the price of exocet is a bit over the top for what is it . dont get me wrong i never moaned about spending money on vape stuff but ......i have a limit on it like anybody else

I agree with you, IMO it really doenst look any different to the Subtank RBA, the top of the chamber looks better with a concave design on the ST.RBA though. I might get hell for saying that :-D

I wonder how the Exocet compares to the Subtank RBA base? Because they are basically the same thing from what I can see.
Hi
Based on the picture it has a much bigger wicking hole. I have seen pictures of the wicks almost like tails sitting in the tank. The subtank is tiny and have wicked it internally, however the wicks still looked properly saturated. My biggest gripe is the restricted air flow on the rba. I used a kanga occ coil and literally has about twice the amount of airflow and vapes much better. With the rba I had to vape with the door panel removed to get any decent airflow. Flavour is there it just makes it more of an effort.

Hi
Based on the picture it has a much bigger wicking hole. I have seen pictures of the wicks almost like tails sitting in the tank. The subtank is tiny and have wicked it internally, however the wicks still looked properly saturated. My biggest gripe is the restricted air flow on the rba. I used a kanga occ coil and literally has about twice the amount of airflow and vapes much better. With the rba I had to vape with the door panel removed to get any decent airflow. Flavour is there it just makes it more of an effort.
c2949a9d8789df87e6d236536980e67a.jpg

Slight modification of spare RBA I have laying around.

Note sleeve cut with slots to allow wicking similar to exocet with cotton hanging in the tank as apposed to the crappy kangertech rba wicking system.

Yes, this is the modification I saw which made me wonder about the differences to the exocet.
On the air flow side of things, whats the ID on the inlet and outlet airflow holes?

Yes, this is the modification I saw which made me wonder about the differences to the exocet.
On the air flow side of things, whats the ID on the inlet and outlet airflow holes?
Technical quastions.

Lol

I am going to cut out 2 of the 4 base posts to increase airflow on the rba itself.

Furthermore the rest of airflow restriction is at the box vent designs.

I cant give you the specs but i can confirm the airflow bottlenecks at the 3 vents on the box chassis itself.

Technical quastions.

Lol

I am going to cut out 2 of the 4 base posts to increase airflow on the rba itself.

Furthermore the rest of airflow restriction is at the box vent designs.

I cant give you the specs but i can confirm the airflow bottlenecks at the 3 vents on the box chassis itself.

I am very tempted to drill the cover while I am making the rba holes bigger.

@boxerulez .
Do you have any idea how the taste control works. Or what mod this has come out off so I can Google.
Thanks

Back