SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

My BB is back in the bag as of yesterday. Watts keep running down.

I think the same people that make SXK BB's also make KFC ice cream machines at rate mine is broken down.

Will keep it under wraps again for a few days while I'm getting this squonking figured out and then I will check again. Will also get a condensation plug if it does bounce back.

Really missing the fruities.
Sorry to hear that it is acting up again, not a good feeling. Can relate to missing the flavour, but keeping fingers crossed that you get a positive outcome.

As you guys might have noticed, I've been having a rough time with mods lately.

BB was back in action today. Took it for a recoil with the Vandy Vape MTL Clapton. That wire is the good stuff. Really brings out flavour even more.

Sprayed the board with some Q30 and will get a condensation plug tomorrow.

Hoping my luck turns around now.

Best of luck bud
As you guys might have noticed, I've been having a rough time with mods lately.

BB was back in action today. Took it for a recoil with the Vandy Vape MTL Clapton. That wire is the good stuff. Really brings out flavour even more.

Sprayed the board with some Q30 and will get a condensation plug tomorrow.

Hoping my luck turns around now.

So its my turn for a Sxk Billet box problem, my watts go down on the screen, almost like its being hold down. Stripped the front and back but no juice that I can see thats there. Had it a very gentle pad down with some TP and reassembled it, still the same. If im lucky it works for a hit a two, then it scrolls the watts down again. But I did notice that if i press the little contact pin in the bay "510 pin" it stops, and works like normal. Might be juice that got in there? And if so I cant see a way to get it out and clean it... Any suggestions?

*Edit*

The little pin pulls out, cleaned, still the same. Gonna strip it again and leave in the sun for while....

Last edited:
So its my turn for a Sxk Billet box problem, my watts go down on the screen, almost like its being hold down. Stripped the front and back but no juice that I can see thats there. Had it a very gentle pad down with some TP and reassembled it, still the same. If im lucky it works for a hit a two, then it scrolls the watts down again. But I did notice that if i press the little contact pin in the bay "510 pin" it stops, and works like normal. Might be juice that got in there? And if so I cant see a way to get it out and clean it... Any suggestions?

*Edit*

The little pin pulls out, cleaned, still the same. Gonna strip it again and leave in the sun for while....

Spray some methylated spirits in there, helps get juice out of nooks and crannies which you might not see

Exactly the same issue as mine.

Place it in a bag of rice. Silica beads even better. If you can open the boards that will also help. Leave it in the bag for 3 days or more. Longer the better.

Once its up and running get some Q30. Its Q20's expensive big brother. A good vape shop or electricion should have some. Just 2 squirts on the board.

Then get a condensation plug. Got mine from Capital Vapes that 3D printed one.

okay found some "purple" spirits :rolleyes: in the wash room and a little spray bottle, sprayed everywhere i could on the boards and contacts. Will leave it a few hours and give it a go. If it work again I would def get the q30 that @Adephi mentioned.

Still the same, will spray it again and leave it in a bag of rice for a day or two..

Is the back PCB removable?

nope, seems okay.. Only the wire that connects to the little pin has a bit of play, but cant get under the boards to check.

*update*

Had a look under the back pcb and all seems fine, noticed that it looks like the blue wire going to the gold pin is also pressed into the housing surrounding it. Pulled the housing and blue wire into the Boro section a lil bit, grabbed the wire with tweezers and lightly pressed the pin/housing back into the wire, It looks like it went in deeper than it was, can also be my imagination. All good so far after 2 refills... Hope it was the issue, will call it a success after a week of heavy use. But for now i'm a happy vaper again :aaaaa:

Last edited:
Greetings from America. I’ve read this thread from 1 to 48 and feel like Ive been on this journey with each of you and gotten to know you all personally. I’ve been under a rock apparently as I’ve just recently stumbled across the wonderful world of billet boxes. I’m expecting mine Monday. (Sxk 70w) I’ve got the sxk Exocet on order from over seas because no one in the u.s. has them in stock so I’ll be forced to use the rba until it arrives
To sum up a bit I’m not a noob to vaping or building as I’ve been vaping for about four years. But I’m totally a noob to B.B. units and had a few questions for professionals such as yourselves.
First off from reading about the condensation issues and I’ve ordered some 3D printed ones from ebay but am wondering does this restrict the airflow?? I’ve heard the draw on the Exocet is restrictive already (Keep in mind I’m coming from strictly drippers) my adv is currently the dead rabbit sq (22mm single coil version) about 3/4 open. And if so can you drill some pin holes in the plug. Truthfully I’d rather have a restricted draw rather than condensation In my new mod and shit out 3 months down the road.
Sorry so long winded but felt should introduce myself here as I’m new but ahead of the curve from reading this thread over the course of several coffees and feel as I’ve gotten to know all of you. Hopefully you guys can except a yankee in your thread here as I’ll probably be frequently reading it as a new owner of a B.B. unit. Thanks guys, cheers.

Greetings from America. I’ve read this thread from 1 to 48 and feel like Ive been on this journey with each of you and gotten to know you all personally. I’ve been under a rock apparently as I’ve just recently stumbled across the wonderful world of billet boxes. I’m expecting mine Monday. (Sxk 70w) I’ve got the sxk Exocet on order from over seas because no one in the u.s. has them in stock so I’ll be forced to use the rba until it arrives
To sum up a bit I’m not a noob to vaping or building as I’ve been vaping for about four years. But I’m totally a noob to B.B. units and had a few questions for professionals such as yourselves.
First off from reading about the condensation issues and I’ve ordered some 3D printed ones from ebay but am wondering does this restrict the airflow?? I’ve heard the draw on the Exocet is restrictive already (Keep in mind I’m coming from strictly drippers) my adv is currently the dead rabbit sq (22mm single coil version) about 3/4 open. And if so can you drill some pin holes in the plug. Truthfully I’d rather have a restricted draw rather than condensation In my new mod and shit out 3 months down the road.
Sorry so long winded but felt should introduce myself here as I’m new but ahead of the curve from reading this thread over the course of several coffees and feel as I’ve gotten to know all of you. Hopefully you guys can except a yankee in your thread here as I’ll probably be frequently reading it as a new owner of a B.B. unit. Thanks guys, cheers.

Welcome! Guys from the overseas are very welcome. Plenty off BB owners here that are passionate about the mod.

The Billet Box is a mouth to lung mod. There is no way around that and you will have to get use to it. The exocet does give the best draw on it from all the bridges I have tried.

The condensation plug does not restrict the draw further. But good that you are getting it. The clones tend to get some condensation build up in the electronic boards as you can gather from the above posts. The plug has helped me so far.

And the flavours are out of this world. If you like minty fruits you will love this little gem.

Welcome @Justind0223

I also went from using my Goon with either aliens or fused Clapton’s in it with the airflow fully open to my sxk billet and to be brutally honest I barely touch any of my other gear anymore.

I had the Exocet in for ages but put the insider back in this morning with a fused clapton which came out to 0.44 ohms and fires beautifully at 27w.

I take long direct lung hits and it’s a thing of beauty.

I agree with @Adephi that it takes some getting used to but once you find your happy place with it you won’t look back.

Welcome @Justind0223 , know you are going to enjoy it here with us. We have a very passionate vaping community here, and the BB crowd is no exception.

Cannot wait for you to get started, it is a different way of vaping, but utterly enjoyable. I agree with @Paul33 as I do direct lung on mine, and no hassles, just flavour for days. The Exocet is my preferred setup, and it is a great choice. The condensation plug is a must in my eyes, and with every second refill I take the Boro out and wipe out the inside of the BB, so no problems yet. Non withstanding I will be investing in Q30 as well, prevention is something better than cure. :D Many happy clouds to you.

Well, thanks for the warm and swift welcome guys. You’ve managed to build my anticipation up even more. Can’t wait to get started on my journey with the B.B.
I’m not to concerned with a restrictive draw as I️ started my vaping experience out with the kayfun lite nano. It was my daily driver for a long while and it kind of reminds me of the Exocet. At least from what I’ve seen and read about. I’m looking into throwing a 6 wrap 26 gauge ni80 build spaced around a 2.5mm bit should put me out around .5 ish. Vape strictly cotton bacon v2 (being a dripper it’s all of got) but haven’t forgot how to do a good Scottish roll
I’m confident with my wicking skills that I️ can make to Exocet shine. It’s that haggard ol kanger rba that comes stock I’m stuck with until my Exocet arrives from overseas I’m worried about.
As for menthol minty vapes I’ve never really tried before. When I️ did smoke the stink sticks it was Marlboro full flavor for me. Never liked the Newport’s aye. But, good news is I’m an avid mixer and diy my own juice so if any of you have any concerns or questions with that I’d be obliged to help you out which coincidentally leads me to my next question..
What vg/pg ratio do you guys vape the B.B. at?? I’ve been mixing at 70/30 vg blend extensively but being a diy mixer I️ can drop if needed. Also vape the more fruity and desert flavors. I’ve got a grrreat blueberry almond cookie juice recipe if anyone is interested.
Well guys thanks in advance. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated as always.
Cheers

70/30 is just fine. Its my stock ratio as well.

If I can suggest with wires, get use to single coils first. And once you get the hang of coiling in the small space get yourself some Vandy Vape superfine MTL fused clapton wire. That stuff is magic in the BB.

But the exocet is very forgiving in terms of coiling and wicking.

The RBA that comes stock is extremely restrictive. Like sucking a tennisball through a hosepipe. But will get you going untill your exocet arrive.

Well, thanks for the warm and swift welcome guys. You’ve managed to build my anticipation up even more. Can’t wait to get started on my journey with the B.B.
I’m not to concerned with a restrictive draw as I️ started my vaping experience out with the kayfun lite nano. It was my daily driver for a long while and it kind of reminds me of the Exocet. At least from what I’ve seen and read about. I’m looking into throwing a 6 wrap 26 gauge ni80 build spaced around a 2.5mm bit should put me out around .5 ish. Vape strictly cotton bacon v2 (being a dripper it’s all of got) but haven’t forgot how to do a good Scottish roll
I’m confident with my wicking skills that I️ can make to Exocet shine. It’s that haggard ol kanger rba that comes stock I’m stuck with until my Exocet arrives from overseas I’m worried about.
As for menthol minty vapes I’ve never really tried before. When I️ did smoke the stink sticks it was Marlboro full flavor for me. Never liked the Newport’s aye. But, good news is I’m an avid mixer and diy my own juice so if any of you have any concerns or questions with that I’d be obliged to help you out which coincidentally leads me to my next question..
What vg/pg ratio do you guys vape the B.B. at?? I’ve been mixing at 70/30 vg blend extensively but being a diy mixer I️ can drop if needed. Also vape the more fruity and desert flavors. I’ve got a grrreat blueberry almond cookie juice recipe if anyone is interested.
Well guys thanks in advance. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated as always.
Cheers

Welcome to the forum @Justind0223
I too am using the Exocet in the BB. Its a lovely restricted direct lung hit
Am using mainly 70VG and 60VG in it, no problem
I believe 2.5mm coil ID is good. I havent experimented much but thats what i have in mine and its working well.
I have only vaped fruity menthols in mine and it produces a lovely dense, wettish type of vape.
I havent tried any other bridges/atties in mine. Am happy with the exocet.
All the best and let us know how it goes

PS - check out the DIY and recipe threads, lots of active DIYers here on the forum

Cheers
Great news, Cotton Bacon should do it, we have Royal wick locally which is much softer and wicks like crazy in the BB. Please visit the diy section on the site, great guys and great recipies, that blueberry almond cookie sounds interesting, you can add your recipy if you want to share, I would like to try it.:D

Just a question. The black boro's hole at the bottom is larger that the white one causing atties not to sit tight. Am i missing something?

I have a black one and it is tighter than the white one, is the bottom o-ring maybe a bit tired? Maybe try for a replacement o ring and see if this solves the problem.

Just a question. The black boro's hole at the bottom is larger that the white one causing atties not to sit tight. Am i missing something?

The one with the bigger hole may be the A-Tank and it takes different bridges!

Back