Taifun Gt Dual Coil

StangV2_0

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Is dam hard to make. I had a quiet day at work yesterday and fiddled around a bit.

First attempt.

uje7y9y3.jpg

It worked. For about 500 milliseconds. Back to drawing board I went.

Second attempt. Actually got this one to fire.
I put some 30g wire on a screw in the vice and the other end in a drill. Gave it a few turn. Then used that to make the coil.

9yjunety.jpg

qynuna7a.jpg

u3aqevum.jpg

Resistance was about 0.9-1.0ohms. Didnt want to go to low on first attempt. After filling it up and trying it I wasn't too impressed.

I will be trying again this weekend but I think I am coming to the conclusion that a Taifun Gt works best with a single coil.

Anyone else tried this and how did it work out for you?

Update. Another attempt actually turned out really well. But then I got told something..

Serious vaping buddy of mine told me to try a vertical coil.

nunavu3a.jpg

So far so good. Not as much vape but the flavour is awesome! No dry hits so far and no gurgling. I also added a piece of cotton under the wicks before they exit the chamber. The idea was it would keep it more damp. Coil is 1ohm. Will go lower once im satisfied its grafting nice.

Last edited:
single coil , over well carbon'd mesh , 1.0 ohms .

then i pushed a needle through the mesh and created a hole in the middle of the mesh ... wow best build todate .. since yesturday !!

single coil , over well carbon'd mesh , 1.0 ohms .

then i pushed a needle through the mesh and created a hole in the middle of the mesh ... wow best build todate .. since yesturday !!

Photos please - when you have time

Hi, just wondering on Google to find a dual coil set for my taifun gt2... Here is the one I usually use, is a dual cross layout that I found on the web. It works really well, a lot of smoke and flavour!
IMG_20150412_WA0009.jpg

IMG_20150412_WA0011.jpg

Hope this will help!
Greetings from Florence, Italy, you guys leave in a great country!

Hi, just wondering on Google to find a dual coil set for my taifun gt2... Here is the one I usually use, is a dual cross layout that I found on the web. It works really well, a lot of smoke and flavour!
IMG_20150412_WA0009.jpg

IMG_20150412_WA0011.jpg

Hope this will help!

Welcome to the forum

That is some very clever coiling :rock:

But personally I find dual coils in small spaces quite a pain. I prefer to rather build para coils in these instances ;)

IMG_20150412_WA0009.jpg

IMG_20150412_WA0011.jpg

Hope this will help!

Hey bud. If it produces smoke, don't use it. :)

Welcome to the forum

That is some very clever coiling :rock:

But personally I find dual coils in small spaces quite a pain. I prefer to rather build para coils in these instances ;)

Thanks for your welcome! I have to try para coil! I've been using the configuration I post for a while now but I got tired of it that's why I was wondering around the web. Thanks for your suggestion, just one question... Para coil? Don't have a clue of what could it be. :p

Hey bud. If it produces smoke, don't use it. :)

ops :blush: you are right a lot of vapor! :thoughtballoon::thoughtballoon::thoughtballoon:

Thanks for your welcome! I have to try para coil! I've been using the configuration I post for a while now but I got tired of it that's why I was wondering around the web. Thanks for your suggestion, just one question... Para coil? Don't have a clue of what could it be. :p

A para coil is basically a dual coil but, instead of wrapping the two coils separately, you wrap the two wires together into one coil :)

I don't have pictures of a para coil build on the Taifun GT, but here is a para coil I did on the Lemo - there's also a video at the bottom of that post that shows how to make a para coil :D

A para coil is basically a dual coil but, instead of wrapping the two coils separately, you wrap the two wires together into one coil :)

I don't have pictures of a para coil build on the Taifun GT, but here is a para coil I did on the Lemo - there's also a video at the bottom of that post that shows how to make a para coil :D

Oh thank you very much, I'll try it soon! I have the kuro concept
kuro_koiler_by_tobeco-5_1.jpg

is a little hardware to make coils, the tutorial video was showing something like that, now I also know the purpose.
Thanks free3dom, I'd love to come soon to S.A., some friends of mine recently moved there, I'll check here for some suggestions to vape in Cape Town. ;)

IMG_20150412_WA0009.jpg

IMG_20150412_WA0011.jpg

Hope this will help!

Wecome to the forum @SirSasha - all the way from Florence!
Wow, you live in a beautiful city
One of the most beautiful in your country in my opinion
I sat for hours up on that hill just admiring the beauty and the view. Was there in 2013. Special place.

Oh thank you very much, I'll try it soon! I have the kuro concept
kuro_koiler_by_tobeco-5_1.jpg

is a little hardware to make coils, the tutorial video was showing something like that, now I also know the purpose.
Thanks free3dom, I'd love to come soon to S.A., some friends of mine recently moved there, I'll check here for some suggestions to vape in Cape Town. ;)

The Kuro coiler works really well for creating para coils...I use a similar one (Coil Master) to make mine :D

If you do come to SA, Cape Town has a very active vaping community and I'm sure you will be very welcome there ;)

Back