The Ammit 25 thread

You bloody geniuses.

Wicked the way @Rob Fisher showed us, and it works. I've been through 2 tanks so far, so it's theoretically still early days - but it's the best result I've had so far. It looks like it should flood, but it doesn't at all.

There was a bit of a false alarm at one point - I heard the familiar pops that start just before a dry hit happens (but this was on a long drag, it happened about 4 seconds in). But then I noticed the wattage was set to 38W... for this coil (0.25 ohm, framed stapled alien coil from @smilelykumeenit ) I found the sweet spot to be at 30W. That thing heats up FAST. I always thought that with resistance that low you need 40W+, but not in this case. Anyway! Back to 30W it went and boom. 6 second drag without a dry hit.

Not that I usually go for the 6-second drags. Usually mine are 3 seconds, maybe 4 seconds MAX if it's restricted hit. But I do turn my airflow to the smallest setting - I know Rob well enough by now to assume that's where he's got his at too :p I also put a slightly smaller driptip on there.

The one downside to all the testing and rewicking and testing over the last week (it was the Ammit and the Skyclone in one week) was that I literally ran clean out of my stock of DIY juices. Did an emergency mixing session tonight.. I currently only have my menthol BB adv's left - but I'm certainly not brave enough to try those in the Ammit. Don't look so disappointed, @Silver :D I like my lungs and throat in the shape that they are. I have ONE bottle of a reject DIY juice left somewhere, but it's a dead-on clone of Dettol. I'll pass. Unless the nicotine craving gets real, then, yknow.... FOR SCIENCE.

I was also just reminded of the fact that my wicking reports need to have a good measure of bad luck in them to satisfy the schadenfreude people have (you bastards), so I can at least happily report that the Skyclone leaked juice from the airholes a few minutes ago. Will report more on that in the Coppervape thread, but I know what's wrong this time.

Bloody hell, it's 1AM. What kind of masochistic hobby is this.

Wet-wicks-and-dry-hits co-host... out.

Last edited:
You bloody geniuses.

Wicked the way @Rob Fisher showed us, and it works. I've been through 2 tanks so far, so it's theoretically still early days - but it's the best result I've had so far. It looks like it should flood, but it doesn't at all.

There was a bit of a false alarm at one point - I heard the familiar pops that start just before a dry hit happens (but this was on a long drag, it happened about 4 seconds in). But then I noticed the wattage was set to 38W... for this coil (0.25 ohm, framed stapled alien coil from @smilelykumeenit ) I found the sweet spot to be at 30W. That thing heats up FAST. I always thought that with resistance that low you need 40W+, but not in this case. Anyway! Back to 30W it went and boom. 6 second drag without a dry hit.

Not that I usually go for the 6-second drags. Usually mine are 3 seconds, maybe 4 seconds MAX if it's restricted hit. But I do turn my airflow to the smallest setting - I know Rob well enough by now to assume that's where he's got his at too :p I also put a slightly smaller driptip on there.

The one downside to all the testing and rewicking and testing over the last week (it was the Ammit and the Skyclone in one week) was that I literally ran clean out of my stock of DIY juices. Did an emergency mixing session tonight.. I currently only have my menthol BB adv's left - but I'm certainly not brave enough to try those in the Ammit. Don't look so disappointed, @Silver :D I like my lungs and throat in the shape that they are. I have ONE bottle of a reject DIY juice left somewhere, but it's a dead-on clone of Dettol. I'll pass. Unless the nicotine craving gets real, then, yknow.... FOR SCIENCE.

I was also just reminded of the fact that my wicking reports need to have a good measure of bad luck in them to satisfy the schadenfreude people have (you bastards), so I can at least happily report that the Skyclone leaked juice from the airholes a few minutes ago. Will report more on that in the Coppervape thread, but I know what's wrong this time.

Bloody hell, it's 1AM. What kind of masochistic hobby is this.

Wet-wicks-and-dry-hits co-host... out.
Awesome! Glad you got it running properly. It is such a nice vape when it plays nice. And with Rob's help it has not missed a beat since the latest build attempt.

Awesome! Glad you got it running properly. It is such a nice vape when it plays nice. And with Rob's help it has not missed a beat since the latest build attempt.
Indeed, quite a relief to have it working.

This morning I even tried an 80vg juice in there. It wicked with zero issues. It made me feel so manly that I had to immediately brush my teeth with a coil brush and rinse with menthol concentrate.

But yes - immediately after a drag, there's a bubble. Don't let that bubble fool you! It's a clever decoy. Wait for the second bubble, and then you can have a go at it again.

Got mine yesterday and I must say it is performing really well. I put in an alien coil and I am getting tremendous flavour out if this tank. It's not my preferred coil of choice as it's not as smooth as a fused clapton in Ni80.

I am getting a little bit of spit back so I closed the juice flow control to half way and its chucking flavour. No dry hits at all on this one for me wicking with cotton bacon v2.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

So I got one for the GF as she got bored of her Engine Nano and such a pleasure to build!
Without a doubt I support team single coil, especially when it comes to ease of build.

Anyways, put some 22g ni80 flatwire in there, plain spaced build with 6 or 7 wraps (can't quite remember).
Flavour is alright but so far it certainly can't be compared to my Petri, perhaps I will try a different coil - like a flapton. After going through a tank and then starting on a 2nd tank, I noticed that it doesn't seem to wick 100% despite the fact that there are bubbles appearing after just about each pull. Then when trying to adjust the juice flow control I accidentally unscrewed the top cap a bit and a massive bubble appeared. I thought it was going to start leaking but much to my surprise it did not and taste improved for sure.

So after reading this thread again, seems as if you really need to thin out your wicks (I thought mine was pretty thin, perhaps not though) but the fact that it wicked really well after opening the top cap got me worried that there is an airlock issue with this tank - fortunately doesn't seem as if anyone else has had this issue so I will try again with a thinner wick. Might even try some Cotton Candy wick.

So I got one for the GF as she got bored of her Engine Nano and such a pleasure to build!
Without a doubt I support team single coil, especially when it comes to ease of build.

Anyways, put some 22g ni80 flatwire in there, plain spaced build with 6 or 7 wraps (can't quite remember).
Flavour is alright but so far it certainly can't be compared to my Petri, perhaps I will try a different coil - like a flapton. After going through a tank and then starting on a 2nd tank, I noticed that it doesn't seem to wick 100% despite the fact that there are bubbles appearing after just about each pull. Then when trying to adjust the juice flow control I accidentally unscrewed the top cap a bit and a massive bubble appeared. I thought it was going to start leaking but much to my surprise it did not and taste improved for sure.

So after reading this thread again, seems as if you really need to thin out your wicks (I thought mine was pretty thin, perhaps not though) but the fact that it wicked really well after opening the top cap got me worried that there is an airlock issue with this tank - fortunately doesn't seem as if anyone else has had this issue so I will try again with a thinner wick. Might even try some Cotton Candy wick.
My issue also created bubbles when the topcap unscrewed.. but it came down to a bad batch of cotton, for me.
Once I fixed that it wicked and operated just fine.
Flavour is overhyped as hell though, to be honest.

My issue also created bubbles when the topcap unscrewed.. but it came down to a bad batch of cotton, for me.

Yeah, will give it a go with some different wicking.

I agree, either overhyped or some people are missing out on what good flavour is... Or my current build just isn't doing it justice. This is very clear with the Apex juice as it has some subtitles to it and it tastes extremely spot on in my Petri but in my Ammit 25, I just don't get all of the nuances of the juice and makes it feel like an average juice to be honest.

To be fair, this is the very first build and wick and it is anything but fancy!

Yeah, flavor is overhyped. Also, mine is leaking like hell. Tried like 50 different wicking methods and it keeps leaking. I'm done. To the bin. Today I'm going to buy an RDTA and try it out. Will be my first one ever. Will be the serpent RDTA. Let's see. I have one last tank incoming. The Reload. If that is crap as well, then I'm done with tanks. Will go back to squonking.

Yeah, flavor is overhyped. Also, mine is leaking like hell. Tried like 50 different wicking methods and it keeps leaking. I'm done. To the bin. Today I'm going to buy an RDTA and try it out. Will be my first one ever. Will be the serpent RDTA. Let's see. I have one last tank incoming. The Reload. If that is crap as well, then I'm done with tanks. Will go back to squonking.
Let me know if you selling

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

So now that some time has passed, what's the verdict on the 2ml glass vs the 5ml glass for flavour?

Don't go for the serpent rdta. With big fingers like yours it will be a nightmare. Filling isn't the easiest either. Flavor is good but the small chamber gets really hot if u throw anything besides simple wire in there. The reload is just boss. Gonna get me another one when I'm back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now that some time has passed, what's the verdict on the 2ml glass vs the 5ml glass for flavour?

Not a huge difference in flavor but some guys have a more refined palate and with the 2ml glass the subtle nuances are a bit more pronounced

Don't go for the serpent rdta. With big fingers like yours it will be a nightmare. Filling isn't the easiest either. Flavor is good but the small chamber gets really hot if u throw anything besides simple wire in there. The reload is just boss. Gonna get me another one when I'm back

Actually I found it quite easy to build on. It's tricky, yes, but not hard. Flavor is not brilliant, but it's good and there is no leaking or condensation. So this will have to do until the reload arrives and I'll see from there. I'm probably going to go back to squonking

Actually I found it quite easy to build on. It's tricky, yes, but not hard. Flavor is not brilliant, but it's good and there is no leaking or condensation. So this will have to do until the reload arrives and I'll see from there. I'm probably going to go back to squonking
I am looking at squonking now to be honest. Seems like the way to go, leaning towards single coil due to ease of build and less watts required - so you can stick to a single battery squonk mod.

I believe the reload is very similar to the Petri? I really enjoy my Petri tank, heard the Reload is a tad better for flavour though.

I am looking at squonking now to be honest. Seems like the way to go, leaning towards single coil due to ease of build and less watts required - so you can stick to a single battery squonk mod.

I believe the reload is very similar to the Petri? I really enjoy my Petri tank, heard the Reload is a tad better for flavour though.

Yeah, the reviews are very good. I'll see when I get it.

If it works for you then I can't say much more. All in the search for the perfect vape

Im looking for a single coil tank with good juice capacity. Narrowed it down to the Ammit 25 and the Pharaoh RTA. Pharaoh due to the extended tank section. But Im willing to sacrifice 2.5mls of capacity if the flavor is better on the Ammit. Any comments on this would help. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Im looking for a single coil tank with good juice capacity. Narrowed it down to the Ammit 25 and the Pharaoh RTA. Pharaoh due to the extended tank section. But Im willing to sacrifice 2.5mls of capacity if the flavor is better on the Ammit. Any comments on this would help. Thanks guys
Never tried the Pharaoh RTA, but I did not enjoy the Pharaoh RDTA / RDA.
I'd take the Ammit 25's flavour over the Pharaoh RDTA flavour anyday!

Never tried the Pharaoh RTA, but I did not enjoy the Pharaoh RDTA / RDA.
I'd take the Ammit 25's flavour over the Pharaoh RDTA flavour anyday!
Well I tried the smaller glass today - and it does make a difference. Not a massive one, but it does make the Ammit able to compete a little better. With the bigger one it was rather "meh". Good, yes - but nothing to write home about. Now it's rotation-worthy :p

Speaking of the Ammit 25: what do y'all do for spitback? Lower or raise the coil? The top of my coil is more or less in line with the top of the posts, but after about 2 seconds I get a mean pop or two and a mouthful of juice. Wick is fine, I guess - tight but not too tight, the usual.

Lowering the wattage = cold vape with spitback, raising the wattage = hot vape with spitback :p

Last edited:
Speaking of the Ammit 25: what do y'all do for spitback? Lower or raise the coil? The top of my coil is more or less in line with the top of the posts, but after about 2 seconds I get a mean pop or two and a mouthful of juice. Wick is fine, I guess - tight but not too tight, the usual.

Lowering the wattage = cold vape with spitback, raising the wattage = hot vape with spitback :p

I don't get any spitback, this is my build spec:

2.5mm ID Clapton coil - 0.4ohm - positioned as low as possible to bottom airflow
barber shop rayon/cotton - just a snug fit
40Watts - 60/40 pg/vg
510 driptip
airflow half open.
mod power - normal.

I don't get any spitback, this is my build spec:

2.5mm ID Clapton coil - 0.4ohm - positioned as low as possible to bottom airflow
barber shop rayon/cotton - just a snug fit
40Watts - 60/40 pg/vg
510 driptip
airflow half open.
mod power - normal.
Yup, pretty much an identical build to mine. I got the coil as low as I could - the deck edges stop the coil rod from moving any lower, so eventually I pressed down on the coil from the top to get it a little lower.

Yup, pretty much an identical build to mine. I got the coil as low as I could - the deck edges stop the coil rod from moving any lower, so eventually I pressed down on the coil from the top to get it a little lower.
Then it must be the cotton/wicking that is causing that. I'm convinced that is where we are failing. I'm rebuilding the Reload over and over again trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. My coil is fine. My placement is fine. My wicking is letting me down.
I've combed out the wicks to a point where you would think it would just flood the deck but all I'm getting is dry hits.

Then it must be the cotton/wicking that is causing that. I'm convinced that is where we are failing. I'm rebuilding the Reload over and over again trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. My coil is fine. My placement is fine. My wicking is letting me down.
I've combed out the wicks to a point where you would think it would just flood the deck but all I'm getting is dry hits.
I'm getting the opposite now with the spitback lol.
I figured out the Ammit's dry hits at least. The problem is with the tails touching the juice well's deck. It should just cover the top and dangle down halfway at most, then youre' fine. Even with super-thin cotton, if the tails are too long they slam into the juice well's wicking holes when the vacuum forms, and create a seal.

I'm getting the opposite now with the spitback lol.
I figured out the Ammit's dry hits at least. The problem is with the tails touching the juice well's deck. It should just cover the top and dangle down halfway at most, then youre' fine. Even with super-thin cotton, if the tails are too long they slam into the juice well's wicking holes when the vacuum forms, and create a seal.
I experimented with the tail length yesterday. When I had it shorter it would create large bubbles that got stuck unless I turned the tank to a 45degree angle.
The way the guy from Vaper's Corner wicked it the tails were touching the deck and it was created a bunch of smaller bubbles regardless of the orientation. I'm trying to reproduce that because that was an absolutely excellent vaping experience.
My attempt with shorter tails and bigger bubbles also created gurgling/spitback.
Oh and my Waternana tastes like perfume/potpourri so definitely doing the Dry Hits & Kak Mix thing currently :p haha

Back