The By Mistake Coil Build

Valesidecc

0mg Vaper
LV

Awards
So i was in the process of building a coil for my aerotank by using a zip tie instead of a screw driver. When pulling the wrapped coil off it kind of warped quite a bit and became unusable (or so i thought). i messed with the coil and ended up with an atom/ flower looking creation. So @Zodd and i decided it would be a good idea to try and vape on it.

I figured what the heck and chucked it in my tobh atty to see what the resistance was. It was a little over 1.2ohms. Long story short after a surprisingly successful mistake, i tried to replicate that mistake (with not as much success, but close enough) and ended up with a dual floral atom whats-a-ma-call-it coil build. It makes quite a decent amount of vapour and flavour too!

Original Mistake on the left , replica try on the right.
20150426_194821.jpg

Fired up (stupid sideways loaded image)
20150426_194857.jpg

Wicked
20150426_195243.jpg

Thanks for looking! Feel free to make some name suggestions

So i was in the process of building a coil for my aerotank by using a zip tie instead of a screw driver. When pulling the wrapped coil off it kind of warped quite a bit and became unusable (or so i thought). i messed with the coil and ended up with an atom/ flower looking creation. So @Zodd and i decided it would be a good idea to try and vape on it.

I figured what the heck and chucked it in my tobh atty to see what the resistance was. It was a little over 1.2ohms. Long story short after a surprisingly successful mistake, i tried to replicate that mistake (with not as much success, but close enough) and ended up with a dual floral atom whats-a-ma-call-it coil build. It makes quite a decent amount of vapour and flavour too!

Original Mistake on the left , replica try on the right.
View attachment 26058

Fired up (stupid sideways loaded image)
View attachment 26057

Wicked
View attachment 26056

Thanks for looking! Feel free to make some name suggestions

LOL, reminds of :

That's quite an interesting build

See something good can come from a mistake. Lol

PS @free3dom looking at this now, I am thinking we should have left the deformed paralell build that was squashed in @abdul's Derringer. It could have been marvellous!

That's quite an interesting build

See something good can come from a mistake. Lol

PS @free3dom looking at this now, I am thinking we should have left the deformed paralell build that was squashed in @abdul's Derringer. It could have been marvellous!
Ha it would not have worked, the leg got snapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Valesidecc that is a great looking "mistake" ;)

Only problem I would guess is that they don't heat up evenly since there is very little chance that the duals are exactly the same...still an awesome "something new", definitely worth investigating - well done :clap::rock:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A missed opportunity for sure...but I do think wicking it would have been...challenging ;)

@Valesidecc that is a great looking "mistake" ;)

Only problem I would guess is that they don't heat up evenly since there is very little chance that the duals are exactly the same...still an awesome "something new", definitely worth investigating - well done :clap::rock:

Yeah the original did seem to start glowing a split second before the other one, but i did expect that since the coils arent exactly the same

Back