The cost of vaping clarification

If you want to save money vaping buy a reo and vape diy unflavoured 18mg juice
/The End

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

If you want to save money vaping buy a reo and vape diy unflavoured 18mg juice
/The End

What about adding a few drops of menthol to that unflavoured @Gazzacpt !

What about adding a few drops of menthol to that unflavoured @Gazzacpt !
Works very well to get a break from the norm. But then everything you vape is tainted with menthol for the next 3 days. Not a bad thing though.

Hello all.

Now I've only been vaping for about 6 months and there are a many things about my mod and setup that is bothering me and I'd like to fix. But the main thing that I have noticed is that vaping is not necessarily a cheaper option. I was the type of smoker that I would smoke a box in a week and only when going out did I ever finish a pack but because I also shared a lot. Now that was expensive but at the same time it currently feels like I'm apending about 3 times more than I did when I smoked. This is something I really didn't know when I started.

What I would like to know is if this is normal and just something you have to bear with or is there things you can do about this. I'm currently spending about 500 to 600 a month. I assune that this is very little but I would just like to see comparisons with other people. I am looking to maybe replace my setup in a while however my SO does not think this is a good idea seeing as I paid 1500 in total to begin with excluding my juice and coils... I just need a bit of clarification

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
It's a bit difficult to relate as I was a heavy smoker in a state where cigs cost $10.00usd.a pack.Still once you set up with the basics,economy is totally possible.You will receive sage advice from the forum members.Following said wisdom.well that's a question of discipline.Luck to ya' !

@Silver thank you for the advice. I actually have been looking into getting a decent yet not too expensive dual battery mod taking into account what the drawbacks of each mod I look at is and if I can live with those or not. A good example is the battery problem with the kangertech dripbox. Something I would not be able to live with. I would however like to get some opinions on a couple of mods.

@Raindance and @Stosta that wire is actually claptop wire that , as a noob, bought from the shop here in paarl as I asked the person here for a thick wire and not checking got the clapton wire that's a combo of 26 and 32 guage wire. No idea what material. So it looks exotic but only because I got the desired resistance according to coil calculator but it's a bit of a shoddy build. Tried my best to make it work though.

I would like some opinions on the ijoy rdta box and if it's too much of a complicated mod and also does anyone have some good recommendations on a dual battery mod with rta included or one I need to get separately for the dual mod. No three battery mods or more please. Need it to be a little compact and able to hide hahaha

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

One of my votes for a good dual battery mod would be the minikin
Many folk like it and not too many problems (if any)

My personal preference is for the V1.5, which has a conventional rectangular shape. Very comfortable in the hand and works super well.

But the V2 is well liked by many.

If you can, try get to a vape shop and hold some of the devices yourself. You may analyse all the specs online but be surprised (positively or negatively) when you touch and feel it.

And then you have the SMOK Alien kit. One of the smallest dual battery options with tons of bells and whistles at a very reasonable price.
Great display with loads of info
Can take up to a 25mm tank
Addictive trigger button
Good balanced charging
Baby beast is a great little cloudy flavour tank
Compact enough for taking on covert missions
and some aliens even come with a cool feature that changes its appearance after a few days use. Also referred to as stripping paint. But it's a minor that most alien puffers dont consider a deal breaker.

You started a thread on cost cutting and have started looking for a new mod :-D you have passed the rites of passage in to becoming a true vaper.

If saving money or at least spending less is a goal, then power hungy cloud monsters are definitely not something to look at (unless you diy, but seeing that you are a "skelem" smoker, thats not a option)

Listen to the advice given by others

Step 1.
Get a solid dual bat mod (minikin / alien / snow wolf is a good starting point)

If you want to save money by making your own coils and want the most out of your juice then . . .

Step 2.
Grab a solid single coil flavour RTA ( Serpent mini 25 / Serpent RDTA / Merlin mini / Engine nano / Ammit are all solid choices)

Step 3.
Tell your parents you vape and have quit cigarettes, they will get over it and you will have much less stress in your life = less vaping = more savings!

Just poking some fun with step 3, i smoked "skelem" for many years then came clean when i decided to quit, life was a lot easier from that point

Peace

When we were smoking the stinkies, we generally stuck to one brand.. flavor was never something a smoker would chase.. and if we honest with ourselves, we never really ENJOYED smoking cigs.. its was a need.. an addiction... when we starting vaping, what ever your first setup was (smok BEC Pro with some kak cartomizer tank and then the nautilus mini after) was ENOUGH.. and we probably would have been ok with that... until we saw someone blowing bigger clouds... until we vaped our first "gourmet" international flavor (purple alien for me) ... vapers... real vapers... are always going to want more.. better.. the new tech.... etc... i think, once u go sub ohm, u done for... but id choose this cost over the unhealthy stinkies all day err day...

but ja, make ur own juice bro... and make ur own coils... find u a mod that u can stick with (hotcig R150, just love it) and maybe get urself a tank or rda every 6mths or a year.. buy and sell...

Back