The Cyclone Thread

No worries. Thanks very much though.

I suppose it's hot metal melding with other hot metal. Serves me right for being lazy and not changing coils often enough.

I'll keep following the methods to loosen them.

@rogue zombie - sorry to hear about this!
Are the grub screws stripped? Is that why you can't loosen them?

@rogue zombie - sorry to hear about this!
Are the grub screws stripped? Is that why you can't loosen them?

No they are fine. Im worried about stripping them, because I already used quite a bit of force.

I'm going to go buy a decent star screwdriver today. I've been using the normal ones that come with attys. So going to try a good solid new one.

You might try impact to break the threads loose @rogue zombie. Secure the Cyclone in a vise if possible, and use a Phillips screwdriver that fits the screws perfectly. With screwdriver firmly in place put strong pressure down on it, and strong pressure to turn it in the correct direction to unscrew it and hold it with that pressure while you give a sharp rap down on the butt of the screwdriver with a small hammer, etc (like you are trying to drive the screw further into the post). Start with a light rap and work up until it breaks free. You might have to do it several times, but often the jar will break stuck threads free. This method works on most stuck threads (machine threads, nuts/bolts, etc) and more often than not will break them free. As a last resort you can also apply heat to the post to expand the metal before trying the impact method. Luck...

Last edited:
@rogue zombie are the screws hard to find for the Cyclone? I did have some original spare screws and stuff hope I still do but if you do need a screw let me know I will try and find them..

@rogue zombie are the screws hard to find for the Cyclone? I did have some original spare screws and stuff hope I still do but if you do need a screw let me know I will try and find them..
I have a pack of fat daddy stainless grub screws in various sizes that should fit the cyclone too if @rogue zombie doesn't come right or if you can't find your screws...

Ahh thanks very much guys. I came right - the screws are fine.

I torched it for a sec, then got a sturdy long screwdriver, I think used for PC stuff. Gripped it with foam inside the mouth of pliers and they came undone.

Appreciate it much all!

So after reading this whole thread and looking at each picture on how to wick the cyclone this is what mine looks like.
IMG_5307.JPG IMG_5308.JPG IMG_5309.JPG

Any comments or critic on this will be welcome.

It does vape quite warm but that can be adjusted with a different coil and also it is suited to some other juices.

On these small atties I find less is better. Much less cotton and dont let the cotton block the squonk hole otherwise your juice wont go back down.

On these small atties I find less is better. Much less cotton and dont let the cotton block the squonk hole otherwise your juice wont go back down.
Yeah it seems ridiculous at first, but definitely much less wick. You want enough to be going through the coil, and then just touching the bottom of the atty.

It seems like a stupidly small amount of wick, but it does work!

So after reading this whole thread and looking at each picture on how to wick the cyclone this is what mine looks like.
View attachment 106930 View attachment 106931 View attachment 106932

Any comments or critic on this will be welcome.

It does vape quite warm but that can be adjusted with a different coil and also it is suited to some other juices.
As @GregF said much much less cotton!
Just enough to touch the base or barely touch it.

Alson with that 2014 deck I found building as low as possible gave me better flavour.

Back