The Cyclone Thread

You are right Mr Fisher. An OL16 is the best option.

I still have to put it through it's paces... the two builds I did on it last week didn't do it for me... the ReadyXwick build kept putting juice in my mouth... and then the next build didn't quite cut it... going to try a build like I use in the Divo and Cyclones this coming week... the O16 is still on the maybe pile.

@Rob Fisher
I call dibs on that OL16 maybe pile if it becomes gorge material or you decide to sell :D

I don't like the Chalice (even at R500) and I have more than enough Cyclones so I won't be ordering even at the really good prices.... but I will certainly help you guys if you want to use my US post box if you want? Just to give you an indication of costs... the shipping will be around the $60 mark and then 14% Vat and a couple of hundred rands worth of other charges...
Thanks for the offer Rob, we'll have to wait and see if any other members show an interest.

Lol @Stephen - that big red "X" came through loud and clear
;)

944abd9cc335eb234f6313291955627d.jpg

5576087404096302921650b597dbc03d.jpg

First microcoil ss 304, awesomeness!

So following on from the discussion in the Nuppin thread, I was inspired to build a parallel coil over the center post of my cyclone, using the to date unloved cyclops cap. The improvement in flavour is even greater then on the Nuppin, and you get a lovely throat hit. This setup is purely for all you DLH fans.

The cyclops is back in rotation!!!image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

This is why we support this forum, so we can continue to find better methods on our journey to the ultimate vape....

I am so happy for this.. I was regretting selling my nuppins after the updates to the nuppin thread.

One question tho: Hows the wicking with the coil being so high up?

I am so happy for this.. I was regretting selling my nuppins after the updates to the nuppin thread.

So this is my first attempt on the cyclone, and it is a lot higher build then on the Nuppin. Due to the height I don't think this will work with the standard cyclone cap.

Following the pics I took.... I trimmed down the wick some more, similar to the way you trim the tails on a Avo build. I also built it using a 2.5mm id so that the coil can hold a decent amount of juice..... It's a long way from the deck to the coil.

Great coil @Stephen !
Hows the vape?

Great coil @Stephen !
Hows the vape?
The vape is brilliant @Silver. The way it's setup you effectively drawing the air from below the coil, creating a flavorful dense vape. Like you I'm a big fan of MTL. However this build is purely for Direct Lung Hits. I've been using this method on the Nuppin for ages, but never even thought to try it on the cyclone till today's conversation on the forum.

The vape is brilliant @Silver. The way it's setup you effectively drawing the air from below the coil, creating a flavorful dense vape. Like you I'm a big fan of MTL. However this build is purely for Direct Lung Hits. I've been using this method on the Nuppin for ages, but never even thought to try it on the cyclone till today's conversation on the forum.

That is just great when you discover something amazing that works well
Great stuff!
Enjoy it

So following on from the discussion in the Nuppin thread, I was inspired to build a parallel coil over the center post of my cyclone, using the to date unloved cyclops cap. The improvement in flavour is even greater then on the Nuppin, and you get a lovely throat hit. This setup is purely for all you DLH fans.

The cyclops is back in rotation!!!View attachment 63034View attachment 63035View attachment 63036

This is why we support this forum, so we can continue to find better methods on our journey to the ultimate vape....

The flavor is more noticeable because of the dynamics of the vortices in the Cyclone itself. Smaller chambers and those with less restrictions create less turbulent vortices so vapor is more saturated with flavor. There are formula's to prove that out, but it's been way too many years since I used them for me to remember them (I mainly just remember the end results). Maybe compare it to beating egg whites to introduce more air into them.

Long wicks that reach the deck are a given. But that is in part why I use the biggest coil forms I can, so the wicks transfer and hold more liquid for my long lung hits. That done they work very well in the high center parallel coils.

The cyclops is back in rotation!!!View attachment 63034View attachment 63035View attachment 63036

Hey thanks for this.

I built one of these and its great!

I was struggling with over-squonking, messing a lot. With this way, no mess, no fuss and great airflow and flavour.

I did have to switch back to the Fusion drip tip, as with my short one the vapour was a little hot.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately with my cutting way back on the amount of gear used in my daily rotations, especially the Reos (down from 32 to 7), the pair of 2013 Cyclones are not being used now. But they are still close at hand if I ever want to trade them off with the Reo atty's that I am still using (O-16's, Nuppin's and a custom RM2).

Oh shit, help.

I obviously tightened the grub screws too tight. Used the same coils for months. Now I can't undo the screws.

I tried hot water, thinking it was juice build-up sticking. But they won't loosen.

Any tips please? It's still my favourite atty

Oh shit, help.

I obviously tightened the grub screws too tight. Used the same coils for months. Now I can't undo the screws.

I tried hot water, thinking it was juice build-up sticking. But they won't loopen.

Any tips please? It's still my favourite atty
Have you tried pulsing the coils and then loosening? Or freezer then loosening?

I broke one of the coils legs. So I didn't think of pulsing. But I'll try... then freezing.

Thank you.
I would offer spares but I sold 3 cyclones not so long ago with all the spares.

I had the centre post wich was replaceable and also the side post comes out if you use long nose pliers to unscrew it.
Unfortunately I'm all out of cyclone stuff!

I would offer spares but I sold 3 cyclones not so long ago with all the spares.

I had the centre post wich was replaceable and also the side post comes out if you use long nose pliers to unscrew it.
Unfortunately I'm all out of cyclone stuff!

No worries. Thanks very much though.

I suppose it's hot metal melding with other hot metal. Serves me right for being lazy and not changing coils often enough.

I'll keep following the methods to loosen them.

Back