The Cyclone Thread

I see that you both use a Fusion on your Cyclone, so assume you MTL. One of my 2013's came with a Fusion. But even though the air intakes on both of my two Cyclones were already drilled out larger when I bought them (approximately 2mm & 2.75mm), the Fusion is just too restricted for my long DLH's. I use a lot of air, so XL wide bore DT's work better for my draw style.
MTL all the way, does not matter the air or the power! Of course the Cyclone is plain ugly without the Fusion drip tip:p

Wow that's a big air hole on a Cyclone! :D Time to experiment some more!

3mm. You know how some auto manufacturers tune the exhaust to get the right engine note? This one sounds like a Maserati. Drinks the juice like one, too.

I see that you both use a Fusion on your Cyclone, so assume you MTL. One of my 2013's came with a Fusion. But even though the air intakes on both of my two Cyclones were already drilled out larger when I bought them (approximately 2mm & 2.75mm), the Fusion is just too restricted for my long DLH's. I use a lot of air, so XL wide bore DT's work better for my draw style.
Funny enough I do restricted direct lung hits with the fusion cap. I have drilled the cyclone caps to 1.5mm diameters (by hand) and they are perfect but I don't use them because ib use 2.5mm ID coils of stainless steel and the cap just gets too hot.
I do tend to vape for extended periods of time.

The larger drilled out intakes in these Cyclones work quite well for my draws. Most of the builds I use in them are with 3mm RxW (so approx 2.5mm ID coils).

The larger drilled out intakes in these Cyclones work quite well for my draws. Most of the builds I use in them are with 3mm RxW (so approx 2.5mm ID coils).
Ah, another RxW fan. I only use RxW, but difficult to get here.

Sometime's I think about just using 3mm RxW exclusively (not much of a fan of the 2mm so seldom us what I have of it except in a Chalice II. But I also really like my huge pulled and rolled wicks that hold a lot more joose for my long DLH's too, so I do a lot of builds with them.

Sometime's I think about just using 3mm RxW exclusively (not much of a fan of the 2mm so seldom us what I have of it except in a Chalice II. But I also really like my huge pulled and rolled wicks that hold a lot more joose for my long DLH's too, so I do a lot of builds with them.
I personally loved the chalice for restricted lung hits and the fact that it never leaked. Twas a slight hassle to build and test as the damn thing was a hot spring destroyer!

My only regret is that I never got an original chalice, I have(had) 2 clone chalices but the damn posts rusted after like 2 uses. Hence I am now a firm believer that anything clone is a piece of garbage.

Buying clones was an early lesson learned for me when I first started vaping. So I avoid them if at all possible. China cloned the 150 USD Chalice III for something like $10 a copy. I have 1 authentic Chalice II, 6 authentic Chalice III's and a CIII clone that was gifted to me to determine if there were easy differences between them were hopefully visible in a picture so folks wouldn't get burned paying for authentic and getting clones. They are very easy to tell apart BTW. It was also used as the vehicle to mod for my LDLH's before trying it on my authentic CIII's. That project was only marginally successful though without the use of a machine shop at my disposal.

I was desperate to get a Chalice and eventually managed to get an authentic but hated it from the start... and the clones were just awful! I just never managed to get a good vape out of it have been bummed ever since having paid a fortune for it...

As a dedicated LDLH vaper the Chalice is an iffy, tootle puffer atty. Even so I managed to find builds for mine for specific liquids that delivered acceptable flavor when they are used on the mini metal and wood Reos. In fact 3 new STD Mini 2.1's, 2 new Mini 1.0's and a couple of 14500 Woodvil's were bought with the Chalice atty's in mind. I do have to take slow, long draws on them to get enough vapor to carry enough flavor for me. But they are doable when I want to use a small package Reo. Expensive? D-straight. I have what would amount to almost 18,000 R in 7 Chalice atty's alone, plus the cost of the 7 Reos they run on. In a way brain dead since I don't use them much.

Never warmed up the Chalice, myself. I think Spydro is onto something when he says the flavour is there with enough vaper inhaled. My short-ish vapes just never seemed to bring any life to the setup. Even when I found a juice and build that hit reasonably well, it was still outpaced by the same build and juice in other similar atties.

I know it comes down to my vaping parameters and preferences as the CH is adored by many, but I just couldn't find a good fit.

It'll never happen with one of my Chalice atty's. But all this talking about the Cyclones has me thinking about putting one of my drilled out 2013's on a P67. With it and a LG HG2 3000mAh batt that's a ticket for a lot of serious clouds of flavor rich vaper on what is quickly becoming a favored Reo model. If it flies and wins me over I might put another one on another p67 as well and loose a Manta or two and/or Rouge.

It'll never happen with one of my Chalice atty's. But all this talking about the Cyclones has me thinking about putting one of my drilled out 2013's on a P67. With it and a LG HG2 3000mAh batt that's a ticket for a lot of serious clouds of flavor rich vaper on what is quickly becoming a favored Reo model. If it flies and wins me over I might put another one on another p67 as well and loose a Manta or two and/or Rouge.

Yes do it @Spydro! Do it now! Cyclones Rock! :D

Yes do it @Spydro! Do it now! Cyclones Rock! :D

Very strong possibility, they don't get used much where they are.

I've rebuilt the drilled out NoGain Mesh this AM, tried my DIY Coconut Ice and DIY Spearmint Ice both in it, and they are both definitely doable in this atty with this build. They don't really have a Reo they are dedicated to other than a couple of 14500 Woodvil's running Chalice II and III atty's. So the NoGain with either joose could be another strong possibility for the P67's. I've also got 6 new for me NET extracts mixed/fast aged and ready for the test trials that if any tickle my toes will need atty's and Reos as well.

Sheesh, the guy who did cut way back on ADV's still has way too many of them, with some new possibilities in the wings. In part what I get for diving back into DIY deeper than it had been. There's always that greener grass on the other side to seek out.

(Wowza... just got another shipping notice from Reosmods. That means by Friday noon I'll need to have the atty figured out.) :giggle:

I've recently (re)fallen in love with my cyclone. I had one with an afc cap, but I found the flavour lacking compared to other atty options. I then got one with a standard cap and the flavour was very, very good but the vape was too restricted - like the thing wanted to shout but couldn't.

So I did the goldilocks thing and drilled the standard cap out. Very tidy vape now with a chuff-ish dt (or at least as much as the little fella can manage).

View attachment 48081

The afc cap gave bigger clouds, especially with beefier duals, but this thing with a nice tiger wire coil coming in at, say, .4 ohms continues to impress.
Do you MTL or DLH?

I love the look of the smaller atty's, but DLH is most comfortable for me. Which is why I always have to go for the 22mm atty's which are generally better suited.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do you MTL or DLH?

I love the look of the smaller atty's, but DLH is most comfortable for me. Which is why I always have to go for the 22mm atty's which are generally better suited.

I go both ways (leave it alone, people).

I tend to MTL in the mornings, with juices that have some coolness to them (spearmint, wintergreen, etc.). During the shank of the day, it's DL all the way, and at night it's either or both, depending on mood.

I can DL my drilled cyclone. Likewise, a modded viper I have plus a couple other sub-22mm atties (O-16, Nuppin', Atomic).

I go both ways (leave it alone, people).

I tend to MTL in the mornings, with juices that have some coolness to them (spearmint, wintergreen, etc.). During the shank of the day, it's DL all the way, and at night it's either or both, depending on mood.

I can DL my drilled cyclone. Likewise, a modded viper I have plus a couple other sub-22mm atties (O-16, Nuppin', Atomic).
This is a safe room. If you need to elaborate
I can only MTL for a few minutes, then I need a big ol' filling of the lungs.

I actually really liked the chalice.
Small form factor. Excellent battery life and exellent juice consumption. I cold use the chalice with 1 reo and 1 bottle and 1 battery for 2 days. Also virtually leak proof.

Only thing that annoyed me was the small build which I got right every time with ribbon kanthal. IF the posts had holes it would be a winner for me. Also I didn't like when the chamber flooded due to oversquonking and there was that gurgling.
I did direct hits with the chalice even though it was restricted.
I enjoyed it until the damn negative posts showed rust after use.
The cyclone on the other hand is an easy build with no dropped hot springs and just down right a flavour beast with the least amount of tinkering.

Perfect for a day. 1 bottle and 1 battery and a .5 ohm coil takes me a full day of use with a refill at about 10pm with a rewick and then I use it till about 2am and then the whole next day.

Modded Cyclone's is my favorite atty's to use.
It all started by just drilling the air hole bigger, then i made some wooden caps and covers.
IMG_1412.JPG

some beauty ring because i did not have the fusion tip
IMG_1444.JPG

then i started to DL and needed more air and drilled the air hole even bigger but ran into a problem when pressing to hard on the bottle and had to move the air hole to the top.
IMG_1771.JPG

i still have some MTL caps that i moved the air hole up to the top where the fusion drip tip would sit on, works great by moving your coil all the way up. i still use them now and again when i want to MTL
IMG_1911.JPG

my current cap is a dual top air flow cap with roughly 4mm holes.

I found the perfect hole size was 1.5 mm because the juice wouldn't seep out.
I occasionally over squonk with the afc cap.

My issues is 2.5mm ID stainless steel coils get too hot with the standard cap.
The atty gets too hot for my liking or my lips comfort level.

That said the airflow is sufficient with the normal cap but I need that extra airflow to keep the coil and atty cooler.
I haven't noticed any difference in flavour.

Modded Cyclone's is my favorite atty's to use.
It all started by just drilling the air hole bigger, then i made some wooden caps and covers.
View attachment 48394

some beauty ring because i did not have the fusion tip
View attachment 48395

then i started to DL and needed more air and drilled the air hole even bigger but ran into a problem when pressing to hard on the bottle and had to move the air hole to the top.
View attachment 48396

i still have some MTL caps that i moved the air hole up to the top where the fusion drip tip would sit on, works great by moving your coil all the way up. i still use them now and again when i want to MTL
View attachment 48397

my current cap is a dual top air flow cap with roughly 4mm holes.

These are very cool.

You're the mad modder who hooked Rob up with his one-of-a-kind avril, yes? If so, I salute you.

I actually really liked the chalice.
Small form factor. Excellent battery life and exellent juice consumption. I cold use the chalice with 1 reo and 1 bottle and 1 battery for 2 days. Also virtually leak proof.

Only thing that annoyed me was the small build which I got right every time with ribbon kanthal. IF the posts had holes it would be a winner for me. Also I didn't like when the chamber flooded due to oversquonking and there was that gurgling.
I did direct hits with the chalice even though it was restricted.
I enjoyed it until the damn negative posts showed rust after use.
The cyclone on the other hand is an easy build with no dropped hot springs and just down right a flavour beast with the least amount of tinkering.

Perfect for a day. 1 bottle and 1 battery and a .5 ohm coil takes me a full day of use with a refill at about 10pm with a rewick and then I use it till about 2am and then the whole next day.

Some of the cons are easy enough to get past. The cure for over squonking you already have... it's in your hands. ;)
I don't understand how folks still drop hot springs when it is so easy to avoid them. Get an ohm checker, and use it, for every build with the atty cap on before you put it on a mod and fire it.

For ribbon wire using non resistance wire tails (NR) on the coils would open up a lot of new possibilities for it in the Chalice (other small atty's). When I first started using NR wire for NR-R-NR coils about 2.5 years ago and I just twisted them. But I used a bunch of By Leo Sophia RTA's for tanks then and their eBaron drippers that both require NR-R-NR coils. So I bought a Zapper V2 wire welder. With it I made up 100 ready wires in no time. It turned out to be a whim buy that I never used again though because I stopped using my ProVari's and so all the top gear I had bought for them. The Zapper cost 100 USD at the time from MEV MODS in the UK, no idea if they are still available.

zv2.jpg

Back