The Cyclone Thread

I'm getting a slight burnt taste with a 2mm ID.
Thought the heat would be better with a smaller ID.
2015-11-17 16.47.36.jpg
For 1 second vapes no burnt taste.
Think I'm going back to 2.5mm ID with the air hole below the coil.
The coil being higher up seems to give better airflow with the stock cyclone top cap.
The heat I'm just assuming it's the SS because at 10 wraps I'm getting .5 ohms.

I also get better airflow with the coil above the air hole, but less flavor.

Pitstopping the reos today now seems like such a bad decision!
Think I'm going to soak them for another hour before the toothbrush comes out for a scrub and rinse. 2015-11-17 17.03.35.jpg

Talking about Cyclones... The Dremel is out and I opened the air holes to 1,6mm on three Cyclones, one Viper, one Hornet and one PDA! MacGyver big time! :rock:
Dremel 001.JPG

2015-11-17-16-47-36-jpg.39378

For 1 second vapes no burnt taste.
Think I'm going back to 2.5mm ID with the air hole below the coil.
The coil being higher up seems to give better airflow with the stock cyclone top cap.
The heat I'm just assuming it's the SS because at 10 wraps I'm getting .5 ohms.

Beautiful picture

0.5 ohm with the air coming in from the top on the short wicked side, it makes clouds:p.I wanna try a cap with dual top airflow and see how that would work.
IMG_1777.JPG

I saw a Cyclone (Rob's) for the first time. Surprisingly small, and so beautiful.
Pity it won't suit my vape style.
The afc cap is wonderful for your stye of vaping.
If you want I'll show you clouds for days.

Dint be fooled by the small air hole.

Flavour for days too!

My two first higher end authentic bf atty's were 2013 Cyclones bought used off classifieds. Have lots of high end bf atty's now, but the Cyclones are still as they were from the start, great flavor atty's. They reside on a couple of 2014 '650 Woodvil's.

Old picture...
2wood.jpg

My two first higher end authentic bf atty's were 2013 Cyclones bought used off classifieds. Have lots of high end bf atty's now, but the Cyclones are still as they were from the start, great flavor atty's. They reside on a couple of 2014 '650 Woodvil's.

Old picture...
2wood.jpg
Such beautiful mods.
I own 4 cyclones and it's still my daily atty on the woodvil. I guess I really only use 1 cyclone and have 3 spares!
I've tried other attys but the cyclone is the best in my opinion.
2015-12-30 21.58.10.jpg

Old picture...
2wood.jpg
Stunning. My Cyclops resides on my JB squonker.

lwJZGEy.jpg

Such beautiful mods.
I own 4 cyclones and it's still my daily atty on the woodvil. I guess I really only use 1 cyclone and have 3 spares!
I've tried other attys but the cyclone is the best in my opinion.
View attachment 47873

Stunning. My Cyclops resides on my JB squonker.

lwJZGEy.jpg

I see that you both use a Fusion on your Cyclone, so assume you MTL. One of my 2013's came with a Fusion. But even though the air intakes on both of my two Cyclones were already drilled out larger when I bought them (approximately 2mm & 2.75mm), the Fusion is just too restricted for my long DLH's. I use a lot of air, so XL wide bore DT's work better for my draw style.

I've recently (re)fallen in love with my cyclone. I had one with an afc cap, but I found the flavour lacking compared to other atty options. I then got one with a standard cap and the flavour was very, very good but the vape was too restricted - like the thing wanted to shout but couldn't.

So I did the goldilocks thing and drilled the standard cap out. Very tidy vape now with a chuff-ish dt (or at least as much as the little fella can manage).

cyclone.jpg

The afc cap gave bigger clouds, especially with beefier duals, but this thing with a nice tiger wire coil coming in at, say, .4 ohms continues to impress.

Back