The Cyclone Thread

Some of the cons are easy enough to get past. The cure for over squonking you already have... it's in your hands. ;)
I don't understand how folks still drop hot springs when it is so easy to avoid them. Get an ohm checker, and use it, for every build with the atty cap on before you put it on a mod and fire it.

For ribbon wire using non resistance wire tails (NR) on the coils would open up a lot of new possibilities for it in the Chalice (other small atty's). When I first started using NR wire for NR-R-NR coils about 2.5 years ago and I just twisted them. But I used a bunch of By Leo Sophia RTA's for tanks then and their eBaron drippers that both require NR-R-NR coils. So I bought a Zapper V2 wire welder. With it I made up 100 ready wires in no time. It turned out to be a whim buy that I never used again though because I stopped using my ProVari's and so all the top gear I had bought for them. The Zapper cost 100 USD at the time from MEV MODS in the UK, no idea if they are still available.

zv2.jpg
Never dropped a spring with the chalice :D

Get an ohm checker, and use it, for every build with the atty cap on before you put it on a mod and fire it.

Bolded the reason so many people drop a spring with atties like the chalice. Such a tiny build deck, no grace space for coil tails - an avoidable, but common problem ensues.

I dropped a spring in the reo when cleaning and polishing it forgetting to put the delerin insert in.
Put a bottle and battery in and wondering why I was hearing the atty fire and the battery getting really hot :D

Good Morning Guys. Where can I find some decent grub screws for the Cyclone Atty. I of mine is almost gone, and the other one on its way. Thanks.

@Petrus, fat daddy has grub screw and I suspect they may fit the cyclone and nuppin. I'm a bit busy this morning but I'll check and confirm with you.

@Petrus the m2 screws look like they will fit a cyclone and a nuppin we might just need to file them down to size because they may be too long.
I'm going to get a set or 2 so if you want to, ill let you know if they work.

Also @Petrus, the ones vapedecadence advertises are Philips head screws and not the hex key type you see in the description on their site.

@Silver, these builds work for me. 26 awg SS. 2.5mm ID 6 to 8 Wraps.

The pics are self explanatory me thinks.
I like the airflow to hit below the coil and I tend to leave one end of the wick long.
Also I've included the 2014 deck as well as the 2013 deck. 2016-04-11 21.08.47.jpg 2016-04-11 21.08.27.jpg 2016-04-11 21.07.45.jpg 2016-04-11 21.07.23.jpg 2016-04-11 21.07.04.jpg 2016-04-11 21.06.49.jpg 2016-04-11 21.06.30.jpg 2016-04-11 21.06.15.jpg 2016-04-11 21.06.02.jpg 2016-04-11 21.05.46.jpg

Thanks very much @Christos !
Super photos
I will make a note to try this and let you know
In the 2nd pic, the coil looks like its touching the one post

Thanks very much @Christos !
Super photos
I will make a note to try this and let you know
In the 2nd pic, the coil looks like its touching the one post
The screw heads are bigger than the posts. It's about a fraction of a mm away from the post.
The dry burn is a good indicator if there is anything wrong as well as I build the same by habit and any variances in the resistance indicate an issue.
I tend to stick to the build that makes me happy and I like the phrase "Why diversify".

http://www.mountainoakvapors.com/The-2014-Cyclone-Bottom-Fed-RDA-by-Vicious-Ant-p/cyclone.htm

You guys probably know or don't care, but Mountain Oaks Vapors has the 2014 Cyclone with AFC cap discounted to $19.99 right now. I've never had a Cyclone because I've been so pleased with the RM2, Chalice III, and lately the OL 16. When I find things I like I'm not that excited to try something new, but I've been curious about the Cyclone for a long, long time. Good price.

http://www.mountainoakvapors.com/The-2014-Cyclone-Bottom-Fed-RDA-by-Vicious-Ant-p/cyclone.htm

You guys probably know or don't care, but Mountain Oaks Vapors has the 2014 Cyclone with AFC cap discounted to $19.99 right now. I've never had a Cyclone because I've been so pleased with the RM2, Chalice III, and lately the OL 16. When I find things I like I'm not that excited to try something new, but I've been curious about the Cyclone for a long, long time. Good price.
Wow, what a bargain. And the Chalice III for a mere $30.00 - http://www.mountainoakvapors.com/CHALICE-V3-BY-MARK-BUGS-p/chalice-v3.htm

Wholesale on the Chalice III was about $75 if bought in 200 quantity.

@Petrus the screws from fat daddy work wonderfully on a cyclone.
@KB_314 I'm curious to hear about your cyclone builds and how you get maximum flavour.
With these little guys, I find simple is always best so unfortunately my builds are not particularly exotic or exciting @Christos ! When I next re-build I'll take a few pics and post them here.
In the Cyclone, I go for a Kanthal 28g contact coil, usually a 2mm id (occasionally 2.5mm in the one with the slightly larger air hole). I aim for a gentle 0.8/0.9 ohm build, and it's also the only atty that I wick with Rayon (others are all Jap Cotton). The Rayon is just super-crisp and intensifies the already saturated flavour from the Cyclone and for me, this is vaping bliss. This atty I also find to be the most sensitive to very slight wicking or coil placement adjustments. As a rule of thumb, for flavour, I place the coil very low - a smidgeon above the deck, and as close to the sidewall as I can without it worrying me as far as a shorting out. I used to try and centre the coil in the atty, but I now just run it parallel and square with the 2 posts, so it's slightly angled relative to the air-intake if you know what I mean. Very little throat-hit. My better half can easily mtl from this build, but I partial-lung hit on this and most builds.
The Cyclops (AFC) - I used to build dual coils, kanthal, 26g and 2.5mm id, Jap cotton but the flavour was a bit muted by comparison to the Cyclone. I had some success with a single, small, clapton coil which gave better flavour (around 0.7ohm), but now I use this only in single coil, SS316L 26g 2.5mm id at around 0.55/0.6 ohms and it's a good vape. Second to the Cyclone, but handles SS much better with the extra airflow and slightly larger chamber so it doesn't get so hot. I'm quite enjoying spaced coils too in this guy - can't really say whether its better or worse as far as flavour, but the coils stay pretty clean and seem to last a bit longer which is a plus.
Been playing around with some of the "designer" wicks and currently getting through a bag of Cotton Bacon2 - it's working out well in the Cyclones, but I probably will revert back to Rayon and Cotton when it's finished.
For over a year these Cyclones and AFC's have hit the spot and I doubt I'll ever shelf or sell them. Pity they have been discontinued. I may however be ready to venture out and try something new soon :)

Those prices at Mountain Oak are insane! Way under cost! Damn!

Hi @Rob Fisher with your experience at bringing products in from the US, if you decide to buy from Mountain Oak, will you let me know as I'm keen to pick up some of these bargains and I'd be happy to share in the courier costs.

Hi @Rob Fisher with your experience at bringing products in from the US, if you decide to buy from Mountain Oak, will you let me know as I'm keen to pick up some of these bargains and I'd be happy to share in the courier costs.

I don't like the Chalice (even at R500) and I have more than enough Cyclones so I won't be ordering even at the really good prices.... but I will certainly help you guys if you want to use my US post box if you want? Just to give you an indication of costs... the shipping will be around the $60 mark and then 14% Vat and a couple of hundred rands worth of other charges...

I don't like the Chalice (even at R500) and I have more than enough Cyclones so I won't be ordering even at the really good prices.... but I will certainly help you guys if you want to use my US post box if you want? Just to give you an indication of costs... the shipping will be around the $60 mark and then 14% Vat and a couple of hundred rands worth of other charges...
You are right Mr Fisher. An OL16 is the best option.

Back