The Deaf Vaper Reviews

Awesome review and a good read! Maybe VooPoo will fix the issue about the mod asking if it's a new coil in a software update. I can assume it will start getting irritating to keep having to select 'new' or 'old' when using the device.
Yeah I'm getting used to it now so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

I hope they are working on a firmware update to address these issues.

VOOPOO DRAG 2 Platinum Mod

I will be writing this article about the Drag 2 Platinum mod that was provided with the MAAT Tank by VOOPOO for testing and reviewing

Company: VOOPOO VAPE
Product Name: Drag 2 Platinum
Colour / Pattern: Platinum Myst (marbled green with yellow and blue)
Batteries used: 2 x 18650 Samsung 25R batteries
Watts / Voltage: 30W – 40W / 2.10v – 2.96v
Tank: MAAT Sub-Ohm tank
Coil Resistance: 0.13 ohms (MT-M1 single coil)
Wicking Material: Cotton Bacon V2
Official Website: http://www.voopoo.com/drag2-platinum

d2p-1.jpg

Packaging is a black sturdy cardboard box with all the information printed on the front, back and sides. You do get the kit which includes the UForce 2 tank but I never got that kit obviously. I was offered the MAAT tank instead.

Opening the box, it seems to have been very well designed in packaging terms as this box size saves on space and its environmentally friendly. Very very little plastic and more recyclable by product, which is mostly paper and cardboard. There is a tiny plastic sleeve that comes with the mod to protect it.

It has 8 security protections
  • Battery Reverse Protection
  • Output Over-current Protection
  • Short-circuit Protection
  • Switch Timeout Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Support Balance charge with different brand battery
  • Over-temperature Protection
  • Over discharge Protection
d2p-2.jpg

I didn't realise how light it was until I took it out. But I loved the colour when I saw it. The resin panel on the side was so beautiful, it felt a bit like soft rubber but was harder than rubber. It feels so smooth and soft.

You see the usual items in the box with the mod - usb charging cable, warranty card, GENE.Fit chip card and a battery warning card.

So I proceed to open the battery door that is on the side of the mod and add 2 x 18650 batteries. Not bad on the extra weight. Unfortunately when I looked at the screen to check if the batteries were working in it, a part of the screen was covering a small part of the writing on the screen. Also in the daylight outdoors, it could have been made a bit brighter as it's hard to read the writing on the screen. The battery door is held by magnets, they are pretty decent.

Then it’s time to screw on the MAAT tank and test the Drag 2 Platinum mod.

I have already written a separate review for the MAAT tank here

d2p-3.jpg

This mod comes with a GENE.Fit chip. Once you put a new tank on, it will ask you if it’s a new coil or old coil. You can choose to click yes and it will auto-adjust the wattage according to the type of coil you have installed in the MAAT tank. Easy? Yes. But if you are like me, I prefer to set my own wattage to my comfort zone. I set it to 30W and increased until I felt it was good enough and stopped at 40W.

I tested the GENE.Fit chip mode. It has 1, 2 and 3 modes to choose from. I started with 1 and it was a bit low for me so I pressed the + button to select 2. Wow, that’s a nice increase in flavour and clouds. 3 was a bit too much for me. The nice thing about this chip is that you can decrease and increase on the go, no fiddly stuff – just press the + and – buttons. It’s convenient, quick and easy to switch between the 3 modes. No ramp up time either.

Standard Mode is pretty much what most mods have so that’s nothing new and it also operates on Temperature Control Mode, again nothing new. The only new thing about this mod is the GENE.Fit chip, I have to say it is awesome.

Standard Mode is pretty much what most mods have so that’s nothing new and it also operates on Temperature Control Mode, again nothing new. The only new thing about this mod is the GENE.Fit chip, I have to say it is awesome.

Pros and Cons
I will start listing the pros and cons of this kit

The pros
  • Great flavour with reasonable amount of clouds, depending on wattage and airflow control.
  • Easy to disassemble and reassemble.
  • GENE.Fit chip for faster access to different vaping modes (1, 2, 3).
  • Lightweight
  • Faster ramp up time
The cons
  • Slight battery door rattle but it’s not a deal breaker.
  • Asking me every time it powers up if it’s a new or old coil, even when you haven’t switched it off or not changed anything.
  • Battery life isn’t that great with the MAAT Tank, the tank would suit a mod that can use 21700 batteries.
  • Dim screen – this could be improved with a brighter screen.
Other than the cons on this list, I have to say this is not what I had expected from a GENE.Fit chip that does 3 different modes without you needing to do some big adjustments. All you have to do is press the + and – button to change between 1, 2 and 3. It is very simple and easy to use. I do not have an older Drag model to compare so I can't say if it's better or not. There are many colour resin patterns to choose from - Fire Cloud, Myst, The Flame, Scarlet, Aurora, Jigsaw Puzzle, Dawn and Dark colour patterns.

voopoo-maat-drag2.jpg

I would definitely recommend this mod because of it's fast ramp up time.

Nikola Delorean Pod Kit

I won this pod kit in a competition on this forum and I was a bit skeptical at first as I've had only bad experiences with MTL (Mouth to Lung) vaping devices. Never judge a book by its cover before you've even tried reading it a bit first. Same applies to everything in our daily lives.

What a tiny mod this is compared to the bigger mods I'm used to. Opening the box proved to be like trying to climb Mount Everest. It was hard to open for some strange reason, which I"m not going into detail as I wanted to write about the pod kit and my experiences.

package-boxing.jpg

Unboxing the pod kit out, the first thing I noticed about it was the nicely blended in colour. Holding it in my hand, I was even more surprised at the quality of the metal finish. It felt like a proper quality finish, smooth and really clean. The pod appears to be made of general hard plastic. It weighs only 61g, according to my scale, compared to my heavier box mods (they are between 210g and 300g)

battery.jpg

I fish out the instruction manual to read about its uses and what I needed to know as this is my first pod system, I had no idea of what I was diving into. Instructions were clear and simple in english, there are several languages on the pamphlet.

I then disassembled the pod with the coil to actually fill it up with ejuice. There is a rubber stopper on top of the tip (after you pull the plastic cap off it (which is why I had to read the instruction manual). There are two holes between the airflow hole, those are for refilling. Do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, fill directly in the airflow hole.

pod-assembly.jpg

The holes are quite small, I tried my glass droppers and they were a slight fit (some were too big). I think the gorilla chubby bottles will be ok and even the smaller ones will be perfect. Filling it can be tricky if the pouring nozzle is too big for the holes.

Full Specifications (from manufacturer's website)

Delorean Box Mod

Brand: Nikola
Size: 88.35mm x 39mm x 16.35mm
Material: Zinc alloy
Battery Capacity: 350mah
Max Wattage: 12.67w
Output Voltage: 3v/3.3v/3.6v/3.9v
Pod Capacity: 2ml
Pod Resistance: 1.2ohm
USB Charging Voltage and Current: 5v/300ma
Mod Weight: 58g

Looking at the specs, the 2ml pod capacity is not bad really, compared to RTA's. I find that a pod system uses much less juice than RTA's. What I consider a vaping session would be something close to 15 minutes of vaping - it would take me at least 3 sessions to use half of the pod juice, where I can finish a tank of 4ml in the same time frame on an RTA.

Features of the Delorean Kit (from manufacturer's website)
  • 5 Colors Available
  • Easy Filling, Easy Usage
  • 1.2ohm Ceramic Coil, Suitable For Nicotine Salt
  • 3 Battery Indicators, 4 voltage Indicators
The fire button is like using your TV remote control, easy on the thumb and even has a coloured led light in the button to indicate battery level (cyan - above 70% ,blue 40-70%, red below 40%). I see in the features section that it says the ceramic coil is for nicotine salts but I don't plan to use nicotine salts ever. I made some MTL freebase juice (3mg at 50/50 for this purpose) and it still tastes excellent. Any other juice will not work in pod systems as there is little to no flavour (most juices are made for DL vaping devices). Even charging is simple and easy through the USB cable or your power bank (I used my power bank to recharge it).

It's a nifty little pod, unfortunately they could have done better with a longer battery life. 350mah is a little too small for my daily use. Maybe if it was 1100mah, then I think we will be ok.

It does not indicate whether you need to change the coil after a certain amount of use. Nothing on the manufacturer website says about this and it is one of my questions, being a first time pod owner.

Pros
  • Small device, easy to pocket (easy to lose too!!!)
  • Refillable pod system
  • Ceramic coil design
  • Comfortable mouthpiece
  • Great feel and shape, very comfortable to hold
Cons
  • Low battery life
handcheck-pod.jpg

Manufacturer information source: https://www.nikolacig.com/delorean

Last edited:
Nice reviews and great pictures @RainstormZA
Thanks for the efforts

Thanks @Silver, it was a completely new experience for me. I'm now sold on using a pod system, just to find one with a battery that will last me a full day.
If you get pod that last whole day, then its as big as a normal mod and you could just carry that around then. Pods are nit designed for chain vape, thus higher nic, less vaping.
My minifit you can vape while charging, so that sorts battery life out. I will post a pic in the whats in your hand thread to show you a 3 day battery pod:giggle:

If you get pod that last whole day, then its as big as a normal mod and you could just carry that around then. Pods are nit designed for chain vape, thus higher nic, less vaping.
My minifit you can vape while charging, so that sorts battery life out. I will post a pic in the whats in your hand thread to show you a 3 day battery pod:giggle:
OK I have a question for you and a theoretical one too.

If it took me 15 minutes to finish a cigarette, so theoretically you vape for 15 minutes to get a full cigarette's worth of Nicotine.

So tell me how does that make it chain vaping?

So now the cats out of the bag, should we look at mods that give the same ample time of vaping as smoking one cigarette? And the amount of battery time as well.

OK I have a question for you and a theoretical one too.

If it took me 15 minutes to finish a cigarette, so theoretically you vape for 15 minutes to get a full cigarette's worth of Nicotine.

So tell me how does that make it chain vaping?

So now the cats out of the bag, should we look at mods that give the same ample time of vaping as smoking one cigarette? And the amount of battery time as well.
15min? Dont think I ever smoked a ciggies for longer than 3min. To smoke a ciggie for 15 min you going to take two puff, leave it for 2 min, light it again(bcause they got the anti fire thing in it and it dies if you dont keep puffing) then take 2 puffs again and repeat.
So theretically you will first have to measure how many puffs/drags you can take on a ciggie and then do the same on the vape. Secondly your 3mg freebase nic is not even in the same ballpark nic that you will get from a ciggie.
Im on a pod now for a week or so. With higher nic also. I consume less than 10ml juice a day, previously probably 30+ml. So yes, you put higher nic in(not this ridiculous 30mg+ nic) and you satisfied after a few puffs and put it down.

15min? Dont think I ever smoked a ciggies for longer than 3min. To smoke a ciggie for 15 min you going to take two puff, leave it for 2 min, light it again(bcause they got the anti fire thing in it and it dies if you dont keep puffing) then take 2 puffs again and repeat.
So theretically you will first have to measure how many puffs/drags you can take on a ciggie and then do the same on the vape. Secondly your 3mg freebase nic is not even in the same ballpark nic that you will get from a ciggie.
Im on a pod now for a week or so. With higher nic also. I consume less than 10ml juice a day, previously probably 30+ml. So yes, you put higher nic in(not this ridiculous 30mg+ nic) and you satisfied after a few puffs and put it down.
Now that makes sense. So if I increase to 6mg, will that help? Or would 9mg be better?

Now that makes sense. So if I increase to 6mg, will that help? Or would 9mg be better?
Yes will help, you must find your happy place. I mixed 1st a 12mg but that was a bit strong, then 9mg and thats better. 6mg for me will be to little as Im n 3 mg normally so 6mg will not give you that headrush and make you feel you had enough and put vape down. But everyone must figire out whats best for them.. The weekend when Im bored and sitting vaping the whole time, I still vae my normal juice on squonk. Dont want to chain vape the 9mg and get used to it, then I will end up at 50mg nic salts.

VOOPOO Nano Drag Pod Kit

I was send the VOOPOO Nano Drag Pod Kit for testing and reviewing by Thea at VOOPOO.

Main Specification

Product: Drag Nano Pod Kit
Dimension: 54.5 x 35 x 11 mm
Battery: Built-in, 750mAh
Material: Zinc Alloy & Aluminium Alloy
Weight: 55g
Voltage Output: 3.2 – 4.2v
Charge Output: 5V / 0.5A
Quiescent Current: <15uA

Pod Specification

Capacity: 1ml
Resistance: 1.8 Ω
Material: PCTG
Size: 36.3 x 15 x 7.0 mm

Accessories

1 x Drag Nano
1 x Nano Pod (1.8Ω)
1 x Chain Necklace
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x GENE Chip Card

7 Resin Colour Options

untitled-3.jpg

• Klein Blue
  • Tidal
  • Ceylon Yellow
  • Fiesta
  • Ink
  • Aurora
  • Nebulas Blue
Five Safety Protection Modes

a_11.jpg

Tricolor Battery Indicator

untitled-1.jpg

My impressions so far

I’ll admit the size of this pod was totally unexpected. It looks big on the website and in photos but in reality, it’s so much smaller. Much more comfortable too, easy to grip and just so beautiful to look at. Packaging for the kit is pretty much minimal as there’s not a lot of items that go with it. I like it because that means it is less hassle and less stuff to go through too.

untitled-1-1.jpg

All you have in the box is a chain that actually can hold your pod device around your neck. Then there’s this tiny little pod and the actual zinc alloy body that houses the 750mAh battery inside it. You’ll also find the usual cards that go with it – warranty card, GENE card, and a User Manual (always handy to have).

Upon inspection, I noticed that there is no fire button. I’ve never used a mod that doesn’t have a fire button before so this kit was a completely new experience for me. I do have a little issue with the pod filling port – it doesn’t give you room to actually fill up properly with the usual ejuice bottle nozzles. You will need the tiny needle nose nozzles to avoid the airlock it creates when you fill in with the bigger nozzles. Even my glass droppers failed the test filling. There is just simply not enough room for the air to come out while filling. I think I would make a suggestion to VOOPOO to actually change the pod design and allow the top to have two filling holes and a rubber stopper to help prevent leakage. Two holes would allow for one to be used as a filling port, while the other hole allows for the air to escape.

pod.jpg

I popped the pod into the device (I did not read the manual) and logic says if it doesn’t have a fire button, it should auto-fire as you take a drag from the mouthpiece. Logic proved to be right. Instantaneous firing of the coil as you “breath” in and when you exhale, a fair amount of clouds come up. I had not expected that much cloud and it was rather tasty too.

untitled-2.jpg

Left: Alpha Zip Mod vs Drag Nano Pod – Right: Drag Nano Pod vs Delorean Pod

Pretty much straight forward, easy to put together and just vape. Far much less hassle than having an RTA and bigger device (not to say it’s better but more effortless). I would definitely recommend this pod kit for those who are frequent flyers and travel a lot for work or holiday. This is a great pod kit you can always take with through airport security and just vape in the smoking sections. I’m definitely taking this one with me on my UK flight as there’s a stopover at Dubai before going straight to Heathrow.

750mAh might seem small to you but like I mentioned, great for travelling as you are not allowed to vape or smoke on public transport so definitely a win in my books for a travelling vaping device.

Pros
  • Refillable pod system
  • Comfortable mouthpiece
  • Beautiful resin panel
  • GENE.Pod Chip
Cons
  • Juice Filling Port not easy to work with
img-20190503-wa0001.jpg

Credit and source of some images and information from VOOPOO – https://www.voopoo.com/drag-nano

Last edited:
You also have one :-(
I need one.

Great review my friend
I can bring it around for you to test it out. Yesterday when I took it to The Iron Lung Vapory , the guy working there was very impressed with it. He said it has good flavour and clouds.

It's still chucking decent clouds today.

VOOPOO Nano Drag Pod Kit

I was send the VOOPOO Nano Drag Pod Kit for testing and reviewing by Thea at VOOPOO.

Main Specification

Product: Drag Nano Pod Kit
Dimension: 54.5 x 35 x 11 mm
Battery: Built-in, 750mAh
Material: Zinc Alloy & Aluminium Alloy
Weight: 55g
Voltage Output: 3.2 – 4.2v
Charge Output: 5V / 0.5A
Quiescent Current: <15uA

Pod Specification

Capacity: 1ml
Resistance: 1.8 Ω
Material: PCTG
Size: 36.3 x 15 x 7.0 mm

Accessories

1 x Drag Nano
1 x Nano Pod (1.8Ω)
1 x Chain Necklace
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x GENE Chip Card

7 Resin Colour Options

untitled-3.jpg

• Klein Blue
  • Tidal
  • Ceylon Yellow
  • Fiesta
  • Ink
  • Aurora
  • Nebulas Blue
Five Safety Protection Modes

a_11.jpg

Tricolor Battery Indicator

untitled-1.jpg

My impressions so far

I’ll admit the size of this pod was totally unexpected. It looks big on the website and in photos but in reality, it’s so much smaller. Much more comfortable too, easy to grip and just so beautiful to look at. Packaging for the kit is pretty much minimal as there’s not a lot of items that go with it. I like it because that means it is less hassle and less stuff to go through too.

untitled-1-1.jpg

All you have in the box is a chain that actually can hold your pod device around your neck. Then there’s this tiny little pod and the actual zinc alloy body that houses the 750mAh battery inside it. You’ll also find the usual cards that go with it – warranty card, GENE card, and a User Manual (always handy to have).

Upon inspection, I noticed that there is no fire button. I’ve never used a mod that doesn’t have a fire button before so this kit was a completely new experience for me. I do have a little issue with the pod filling port – it doesn’t give you room to actually fill up properly with the usual ejuice bottle nozzles. You will need the tiny needle nose nozzles to avoid the airlock it creates when you fill in with the bigger nozzles. Even my glass droppers failed the test filling. There is just simply not enough room for the air to come out while filling. I think I would make a suggestion to VOOPOO to actually change the pod design and allow the top to have two filling holes and a rubber stopper to help prevent leakage. Two holes would allow for one to be used as a filling port, while the other hole allows for the air to escape.

pod.jpg

I popped the pod into the device (I did not read the manual) and logic says if it doesn’t have a fire button, it should auto-fire as you take a drag from the mouthpiece. Logic proved to be right. Instantaneous firing of the coil as you “breath” in and when you exhale, a fair amount of clouds come up. I had not expected that much cloud and it was rather tasty too.

untitled-2.jpg

Left: Alpha Zip Mod vs Drag Nano Pod – Right: Drag Nano Pod vs Delorean Pod

Pretty much straight forward, easy to put together and just vape. Far much less hassle than having an RTA and bigger device (not to say it’s better but more effortless). I would definitely recommend this pod kit for those who are frequent flyers and travel a lot for work or holiday. This is a great pod kit you can always take with through airport security and just vape in the smoking sections. I’m definitely taking this one with me on my UK flight as there’s a stopover at Dubai before going straight to Heathrow.

750mAh might seem small to you but like I mentioned, great for travelling as you are not allowed to vape or smoke on public transport so definitely a win in my books for a travelling vaping device.

Pros
  • Refillable pod system
  • Comfortable mouthpiece
  • Beautiful resin panel
  • GENE.Pod Chip
Cons
  • Juice Filling Port not easy to work with
img-20190503-wa0001.jpg

Credit and source of some images and information from VOOPOO – https://www.voopoo.com/drag-nano
blue one is STUNNING !

Nice review @RainstormZA , going to try and finish mine tomorrow for publishing on Tuesday. This little water leak problem of mine has bombed on me, but I’m nearly there. Starting to save up to replace most of back lawn because of excavations.

Nice review @RainstormZA , going to try and finish mine tomorrow for publishing on Tuesday. This little water leak problem of mine has bombed on me, but I’m nearly there. Starting to save up to replace most of back lawn because of excavations.
jy kon al boorgat gebou het met jou grouery?

Back