The Derringer RDA by Praxis

:) Cool, I'll keep the BF one special then :rock:

The one thread is for the Bottom fed modded version, which is in the Reoville thread. While this one is for the standard dripper version.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up :)

I would just like to chirp in here and say the Derringer is the best dripper ever! I have tried a lot of drippers and have never lasted longer than one or two fills... The Derringer has become a daily used device... especially with the Traditional Juice Juices like Lola and Indian Giver.

Derringer 003.JPG

I would just like to chirp in here and say the Derringer is the best dripper ever! I have tried a lot of drippers and have never lasted longer than one or two fills... The Derringer has become a daily used device... especially with the Traditional Juice Juices like Lola and Indian Giver.

View attachment 23538

And it looks fantastic on that Sheamus mod :rock:
Good to see you dripping a bit Rob ;)

And it looks fantastic on that Sheamus mod :rock:
Good to see you dripping a bit Rob ;)

I love the Sheamus... I get a kick out of it everytime I use it and feel proudly South African!

I've realised after all this time that different juices are so very different in different devices... TopQ Coffee is best in a mPT3, Traditional Juices seem to really pop in a dripper and also do well in an Atlantis, Tropical Ice is best in a Cyclone on a REO, Cloud blowing version of Tropical Ice is best in an Atlantis, Antarctica is good in both a dripper and a Cyclone, the Goblin does pretty well with a range of juices but filling it and maintaining the wicks is more than I can handle anymore, Subtanks are not great with anything, the Russian 91% is excellent with a range of juices but the maintenance and filling is also a hassle... but the most exciting thing for me is finally I'm finding some other juices that I enjoy!

As a side issue... I find changing the wicks on the Derringer often makes a huge difference for me... there is nothing quite like that first few pulls on a new wick on the derringer!

I love the Sheamus... I get a kick out of it everytime I use it and feel proudly South African!

I've realised after all this time that different juices are so very different in different devices... TopQ Coffee is best in a mPT3, Traditional Juices seem to really pop in a dripper and also do well in an Atlantis, Tropical Ice is best in a Cyclone on a REO, Cloud blowing version of Tropical Ice is best in an Atlantis, Antarctica is good in both a dripper and a Cyclone, the Goblin does pretty well with a range of juices but filling it and maintaining the wicks is more than I can handle anymore, Subtanks are not great with anything, the Russian 91% is excellent with a range of juices but the maintenance and filling is also a hassle... but the most exciting thing for me is finally I'm finding some other juices that I enjoy!

As a side issue... I find changing the wicks on the Derringer often makes a huge difference for me... there is nothing quite like that first few pulls on a new wick on the derringer!

I couldn't agree more...but I'll say this, sometimes the fact that the juice tastes different with a different is exactly the reason I use it in that device - just for the variation. It also makes coming back to the ideal device with the same juice that much better :D

And I agree...with most devices, freshly wicked is a special kind of vape. It makes me almost nostalgic for clearomizers where putting in a new coil was light years better, and I used to extended their use as long as possible to keep costs down - but now...clearomizers be damned, I re-wick at the slightest hint of un-awesomeness :p

On another point, you may want to have a look at the Youde Goliath, which is similar to the Goblin, but with easy filling - sounds like a partial solution to your issue with it ;)

But in the end, the vape journey is always an interesting one...whether it is due to awesome new stuff, or the warm fuzzy feeling of a tried and tested setup...I am satisfied, yet always looking for more (confusing, but ultimately awesome) :)

On another point, you may want to have a look at the Youde Goliath, which is similar to the Goblin, but with easy filling - sounds like a partial solution to your issue with it ;)

Yip the second I find one it will be in my shopping cart and on it's way to me! :)

Thanks @free3dom... I don't partake in pre-orders because sometimes I find the product somewhere else before the pre-order arrives and hate committing to someone to buy and then I end up with 2 of the devices.

I'm 100% with you on that...so I use the manual pre-order method:
  1. Bookmark page with pre-order
  2. Visit the bookmarked page every day to check
  3. Day before device is confirmed to be available (not in customs, AVAILABLE), click order
;)

I got the Derringer (clone) about two weeks ago. It's my first experience with an RDA so it's been quite fun playing around with different coil builds, placement of coils, wicking etc.
I have some experience with building coils on the Subtank mini.

Today I finally found my sweet spot on quite a simple build. Vaping 3mg ANML - Looper, which is an excellent cereal juice, I found my happy place =D Quite an awesome feeling I might add.

It's a dual coil set up.
8 wraps 26G Kanthal, 2.5mm Ø which comes out to 0.5 ohms. KGD cotton wick.
Vaping at 32.4W on a 50W iStick.
I got the coils nicely centered and as close to the airflow holes as possible.

Compared to the Subtank, I'm getting a much more pronounced flavour and I can really taste the different notes.

For a small little bugger, this RDA really brings out flavour and isn't shy on chucking clouds either.

662bd06b63d4828f49379eca8fb397eb.jpg

Anyways that's just my 2c worth.. Sorry about the dirty coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome @skola
Feels great to find a sweet spot setup!
Enjoy

Indeed it does. Thanks @Silver, now to test my other juices and find their sweet spot. The adventure continues!

Indeed it does
And what a wonderful adventure it is!!

I got the Derringer (clone) about two weeks ago. It's my first experience with an RDA so it's been quite fun playing around with different coil builds, placement of coils, wicking etc.
I have some experience with building coils on the Subtank mini.

Today I finally found my sweet spot on quite a simple build. Vaping 3mg ANML - Looper, which is an excellent cereal juice, I found my happy place =D Quite an awesome feeling I might add.

It's a dual coil set up.
8 wraps 26G Kanthal, 2.5mm Ø which comes out to 0.5 ohms. KGD cotton wick.
Vaping at 32.4W on a 50W iStick.
I got the coils nicely centered and as close to the airflow holes as possible.

Compared to the Subtank, I'm getting a much more pronounced flavour and I can really taste the different notes.

For a small little bugger, this RDA really brings out flavour and isn't shy on chucking clouds either.

662bd06b63d4828f49379eca8fb397eb.jpg

Anyways that's just my 2c worth.. Sorry about the dirty coils
emoji16.png

Great coiling and wicking. Spot on imo. Nothing like dripping for flavour.

Thanks @Andre. Totally agree. Now I see why the Reo is so special. Best of both worlds. I think I need to start saving up!

Back