The Naked Reo

@Alex, big congrats on rescuing your Reo!

Must have felt so bad when you knew something was wrong and you couldnt figure it out. And so sweet when it all got fixed!

Glad for you its sorted now

@Alex, big congrats on rescuing your Reo!

Must have felt so bad when you knew something was wrong and you couldnt figure it out. And so sweet when it all got fixed!

Glad for you its sorted now

Thank you @Silver, I'm holding thumbs that my little repair job holds out. I'm sure it will.

'Bullet' my now turned brown Copper Vein getting ready for some major open heart surgery and skin transplant.

a8enyzyt.jpg

Think I'll go with the Tumble Aluminum look for now Johan.

Just a quick question Reonauts, i take it one cannot remove the firing mechanism without breaking the centre pin's bottom part?

adyze5u8.jpg

Just a quick question Reonauts, i take it one cannot remove the firing mechanism without breaking the centre pin's bottom part?

adyze5u8.jpg

No you can unscrew it - the nipple (bottom part) unscrew from the centre pin, but if you have enough spares, you can just break.

Another question, there seems to be Silicon like stuff at the bottom of the 510, should this be cleaned out or left as is?

qaqere6u.jpg

Another question, there seems to be Silicon like stuff at the bottom of the 510, should this be cleaned out or left as is?

qaqere6u.jpg

You can cut the excess silicone, but leave that in the channel alone and make very sure you don't get pain stripper near it.

adyze5u8.jpg
It's like a nipple and socket actually. Now you need a new one. :D

117c3f04-9a4c-4aee-8a1f-ecfc93ebea0bCapture.JPG

I hope I'm not too late.

Do NOT try to remove this backing rubber from the 510 connection. There is no replacement in the repair kit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up @TylerD , @johan & @Alex

I won't remove the silicon stuff, but it looks quit messed up anyway.

Would it be OK to put Prestik in the 510 top & bottom & cover the Juice well before the Stripper is applied?

Thanks for the heads up @TylerD , @johan & @Alex

I won't remove the silicon stuff, but it looks quit messed up anyway.

Would it be OK to put Prestik in the 510 top & bottom & cover the Juice well before the Stripper is applied?

On ECF I saw a guy using wax.

i used press stick, and my silicone or what ever that stuff is, was also looking messed up - trust me just leave it....if i were you i would not even strip the inside anyway

@Alex

Hope I'm not hi-jacking your thread, just thought I'll try it out as the Black/Brown Copper Vein doesn't appeal to me. SO let's also change it to a Naked Reo.

Ps - The only difference seem to be that you knew what you were doing. :think:

i used press stick, and my silicone or what ever that stuff is, was also looking messed up - trust me just leave it....if i were you i would not even strip the inside anyway

The stripper I used was like a very thick gel, it's pretty easy to avoid certain area's. The key I discovered was to do one small area at a time. I started on the inside first, and did the exterior last.

@Alex

Hope I'm not hi-jacking your thread, just thought I'll try it out as the Black/Brown Copper Vein doesn't appeal to me. SO let's also change it to a Naked Reo.

Ps - The only difference seem to be that you knew what you were doing. :think:

Not at all @Jimbo, I didn't have much of a clue, other than taking it slow. I have zero regrets now, love the raw look. It's like getting a new Reo. :rock:

Well here goes......

Will keep you updated.

"Bullet" now well sedated and ready for the procedure.

Well here goes......

Will keep you updated.

"Bullet" now well sedated and ready for the procedure.

Awesome, looking forward to the pics.

@Jimbo, when you re-assemble, the silicone gasket on the center pin must not be inserted whilst on the center pin. Take it off and insert by itself - bit of a pita, but wetting it a bit might help - be patient. If you insert it whilst on the center pin you run a much greater risk of damaging it.

Oh, and a tip from @Alex, when you screw in the nipple - rather than using a screwdriver to hold the top part of the center pin fast, just screw a atomizer in there and hold that. Is that correct, @Alex?

Oh, and a tip from @Alex, when you screw in the nipple - rather than using a screwdriver to hold the top part of the center pin fast, just screw a atomizer in there and hold that. Is that correct, @Alex?

That's what i found yeah @Andre, then just use a long nose pliers to tighten it up, and as @johan also mentioned.. check the rubber insulation covering the positive leaf spring pin does not get stuck between where those two metal parts connect.

Good luck @Jimbo
Hope it all turns out well for your Reo

Back